Votes: 43 50.0%
  • BF2

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters

coLE'

Reaction score
BF2 vs CSS - who wants to get it started :imu:

EDIT: oops. wrong forums - meh :p

CSS. But they're two completely different games.

CSS just because i can turn up the AA and resolution in it to a satisfying amount.

well, im a big BF2 fanboy, but i also love CSS.

i voted for BF2.

Should have put it in the General games chat to give them both an equal oppportunity, but whatever.

I say BF2, its got more depth and overall enjoyment imo.

BF2 by far, i enjoy CS 1.6 more than CS:s so to be expected really. Just really hate that game!

CSS for me too :p just because i enjoy it more and also better gameplay imo

counterstrike is ass:x
battlefield 2 is keyra d'agustina's ass :)

CS:S purely because there are so many many many many more arseholes playing BF2 than CS....

That and the fact that BF2 still has some horrendous hit detection issues that even CS can't compete with them (I mean losing the odd bullet due to loss and choke is one thing, but having a shell from your tank pass straight through another tank without scratching it is just plain wrong...)

No WAY do more asses play BF2 than Counter Strike, do you not know what the CS community is renowned for? BF2 people don't even hardly speak.

I think the poll says alot when both games have 14 votes a piece in the actual CS:s forum on this site...perhaps the penny has dropped.

I enjoy both, but prefer CS:S mostly because I have had so much trouble with BF2 for a while now.

smsKONG said:
CS:S purely because there are so many many many many more arseholes playing BF2 than CS....

That and the fact that BF2 still has some horrendous hit detection issues that even CS can't compete with them (I mean losing the odd bullet due to loss and choke is one thing, but having a shell from your tank pass straight through another tank without scratching it is just plain wrong...)

yeah...i agree.
theres major frustration for me there as well.
but i suppose when it comes to polished games, rarely will any other game company will touch Valve.

Both games are filled with whiney kids, and I avoid both like the plague.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Both games are filled with whiney kids, and I avoid both like the plague.

-Angry Lawyer
if you turn off the VOIP you cant hear the little bastards on BF2 :)

I'm sorry but for all the criticism of the CS community I have found them to be on the whole, a much nicer bunch. You just have to find the best servers with good admins...

Whereas with BF2 it's a royal pain in the arse just finding a server with the mess of an ingame browser that was used.... also the fact that people on your own side will shoot you rather than let you get the tank/chopper/whatever really does lead me to believe the BF2 community are the biggest bunch of asshats known to man (or woman!) :)

heh heh I tipped the scales in CSS's favour. I played BF2 at a LAN a couple of times. Never got into it.

bf2, cause cs doesn't have any tanks. Where there's a tank, there's flyingdebris

I go with CS:S because in bf2 you need a really good computer to play it on high settings and I don't have that kind of money to upgrade my computer that much, so I play counter-strike more becasue I can play it on mediem settings wth no proble. Also I like it becasue it's fast pace with a lot of weapons and there good.

CSS Over Bf2
* BF2 has an absolutely shitty server browser
* BF2 doesnt allow proper name changing without creating a new account
* BF2 requires shitloads of people to play it the way it was meant to be
* BF2 bots suck ass and only work with 16 player maps

totaly different games with totaly different gameplay ... no need to compete.

i dont like them both ... css couse its cs 1.6 + much more suckin gameplay (++ child community) and bf2 couse its inflexibility like key changings, accounts, gfx settings ...

BF2 is nowhere near as good s CS:S. The 2 games can't even be compared.

BF2 has crap balance, bad hit boxes, numerous bugs/glitches/errors (and the patch support is just arse), no free content, useless commander mode (which does nothing but ruin the game even more) and worst of all an unlockable weapon system which does nothing but ruin team play (every retard and his dog, wants points and couldn't care less about a team effort). Not to mention the servers are poorly administrated and it attracts an infinite number or tossers. Anyone for some points whoring Blackhawk flying with a 1/4 of the team while the enemy takes all the flags on the ground? Buying or playing BF2 is masochism.:LOL: How EA/DICE manage to ruin the BF franchise so badly is one impressive achievement.

CS:S is not perfect but it's a good game that promotes team play, has good balance, a fierce patching update which ensures the elimination of any bugs/glitches/errors, plenty of free content, lots of well administered servers and at most times a more mature gamer base.

CS:S along with CS are also the most poplar FPS online games in the world, while BF2 can't even get above 1500 servers very often, so I think that's more accurate than this poll.;) Just because some moronic BF2 fan boys turned up on this forum to to vote for their game doesn't mean anything.

CS:S has nothing but circular levels and a 'it's realistic if and when we want it to be attitude' to it which drives me insane. Kinda like forza motorsports did, yea sure car’s interaction with track is realistic but for grass…you can’t go over 35mph.

I wish I could be sitting in on the CS:S team's meetings...

"alright, so we'll have a range of guns that go from least powerful to most powerful."
"right, so obviously, the guns that are the weakest like the mac-10 will also have the worst accuracy!"
"Damn't phil you're a genius!"
"Okay, now what about this AWP reload bug? We've had it for 15 patches, and haven't done anything about it yet."
"yea, but i like the AWP, why should we make it less deadly?
"good point, keep it."
"About those helmets, we have them in the buy menu but haven't actually coded anything that lessens the chance of a headshot while wearing one."
"who cares, armor isn't realistic, only AWP bullets!"
"Right on, but seriously, shouldn't we make armor do something? I mean i died last night with 98 armor still on."
"That's because you're a noob!"
"...and seriously, greg, you need to remove that code of yours. It was funny for a few minutes but having headshots just randomly occur no matter where the bullet hits is getting kinda old, and i think people are catching on.
"I'll consider it."
"Fine whatever...let's just throw some stuff about patching server side bugs, door physics, hostages interaction with....stairs or something, i don't know just pull the shit out of a hat, and upload it."
"done and done."

I wish CS:S wasn't so lame, because i believe the game has great potential untapped by the mappers.

And i'll be the first to admit BF:2 has some pretty stupid bugs too, last night i was prone as a sniper, when a truck drove over me (literally over me, it didn't kill me, i was between the wheels) and the truck ran into a wall and it said i tk'ed the truck. Then i got punished for it. But even with their bugs, i still can only play like 20 minutes of CS:S before i get bored/annoyed.

"...and seriously, greg, you need to remove that code of yours. It was funny for a few minutes but having headshots just randomly occur no matter where the bullet hits is getting kinda old, and i think people are catching on.

Or maybe your comp sucks ass and can't keep up with the elite graphics and FPS you get in css compared to bf2 :p

"right, so obviously, the guns that are the weakest like the mac-10 will also have the worst accuracy!"

Again - bad workman blames his tools :smoking:

coLE' said:
Again - bad workman blames his tools :smoking:

Let's check the accuracy tables shall we:

AWP (.338 Lapua)
Accuracy: 10.0
Control: 1.0
Damage: 10.0
··Base Damage Head: 459
··Base Damage Chest/Arms: 115
··Base Damage Stomach: 141
··Base Damage Legs: 83

M4A1 (5.56x45mm NATO)
Accuracy: 7.0
Control: 6.0
Damage: 6.0
··Base Damage Head: 131
··Base Damage Chest/Arms: 33
··Base Damage Stomach: 40
··Base Damage Legs: 24

AK-47 (7.62mm)
Accuracy: 8.0
Control: 3.0
Damage: 7.0
··Base Damage Head: 143
··Base Damage Chest/Arms: 36
··Base Damage Stomach: 44
··Base Damage Legs: 26

Mp5-Navy (9mm)
Accuracy: 4.0
Damage: 2.0
··Base Damage Head: 103
··Base Damage Chest/Arms: 26
··Base Damage Stomach: 32
··Base Damage Legs: 19

TMP (9mm)
Accuracy: 3.0
Damage: 2.0
··Base Damage Head: 103
··Base Damage Chest/Arms: 26
··Base Damage Stomach: 32
··Base Damage Legs: 19

Mac-10 (.45 ACP)
Accuracy: 2.0
Control: 5.0
Damage: 3.0
··Base Damage Head: 115
··Base Damage Chest/Arms: 29
··Base Damage Stomach: 35
··Base Damage Legs: 21

http://keepitreal.nuclearfallout.net/Weapons_Guide/index.htm

BF2.

When you get a good squad together (Which I do everytime I play mind you :O) that actually works like a team the experience is much more enjoyable than anything CS:S has generated for me. Taking down 5 copters with just the mounted gun ontop of a tank while your friend drives said tank running over and destroying other vehicles giving you Driver Assist points > CS:S

I prefer 1.6 over source but i still love source however i do prefer bf2 over source, mainly due to the size of the maps, vheicles, amount of weapons, unlocks etc etc

does it not anger anybody that the most deadly weapons are also the most accurate?

You'd think that if the cs team made the weaker weapons more accurate, then you could have this awesome balance between weaker/accurate weapons and deadly/unaccurate weapons. Instead of everybody running around with an m4a1 or an ak-47...

Back