Bioshock demo on Live

wow it's gonna be hard not to pick this up for my 360... although id rather play it on PC

pc will be alot better. they are making 2 different versions and not a crappy port so it has to be great for pc.

Xbox 360 full version has leaked to the torrent sites o0

It is not cool to report what you see on torrent sites k? People know what they are and they can find out for themselves if they so wish.

Rofl, damn commerical said the game was available now and I rushed downstairs to my computer to confirm, and nothing.

I'm afraid this game may make wet my pants ...are there any "OMG! I SCARED!! MY HEART!!!" moments in the game?
This game looks like it's gonna be scary in a pretty smart way. There aren't really any cheap scares or things jumping out at you in the demo, the scares are spontaneous and the effect is created by the atmosphere.

Err, lemme try give an example. One of the only times I've actually jumped in my seat while playing was when a light fizzled out as I walked past it. Normally this wouldn't have even phased me, but at the time I was unarmed and approaching an enemy I'd just seen brutally kill someone, and I could hear his crazed ramblings echoing down the hall towards me.

Also, one other time I was making my way through a bathroom, and as I was exiting I heard something behind me that sounded like a stall slamming open. So I slowly turn around and carefully ease towards the door again, and as I'm about to round the corner something freakin JUMPS out at me, so I zap it with my lightning plasmid.

Turns out it was just the security bot I hacked about 10 minutes ago, and it was banging off the walls as it attempted to follow me through, which must have been what I was hearing. And by shocking it, I just disabled my own bot :D

So yeah. Smart scary. In a way that makes you act stupid.

About the leaked 360 version, if you don't buy this game, that means you just keep discouraging developers like this to take their time and make good games.

About the leaked 360 version, if you don't buy this game, that means you just keep discouraging developers like this to take their time and make good games.

Uh you might want to rewrite that. Buying the game early because a store screwed up doesn't encourage or discourage anything. It's very easy to tell developers not to rush things and that's to bash products that clearly have been rushed. The way you do that is via your spending power, don't buy rushed products.

Kyo, I wasn't talking about the store or BUYING the game, I was talking about the torrent that's out on various networks of the 360 version, if you warez this game I will hunt you down and SKULL**** you.

Kyo, I wasn't talking about the store or BUYING the game, I was talking about the torrent that's out on various networks of the 360 version, if you warez this game I will hunt you down and SKULL**** you.

Ditto.

But why skull****? There are various other methods to deal pain to a pirate. We could begin by taking needlees and slowly jamming them under the nails, both toe- and fingernails. Then burn off the tips of the fingers with a lighter as well as cut off the ears with a rusty garden knife. And, of course, have everything shown to the ****er on a video screen.

Next, take a shardp saw and saw off the fingers one by one, patching the wounds so as the subject will not die prematurely of blood loss. Then we can proceed and slowly file down the teeth.

As the subject goes into shock we can optionally cut open the balls and remove them, stringing them around his/her's neck and dump the mutilated body in front of their house and traumatize children.

PROFIT.

Oh that makes sense then. As for the pirates they can rot for all I care.

This game looks like it's gonna be scary in a pretty smart way. There aren't really any cheap scares or things jumping out at you in the demo, the scares are spontaneous and the effect is created by the atmosphere.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm very easily scared by the cheap, something jumping out at you from the darkness type moments, but the Bioshock demo was more a case of creating an atmosphere and cinematic moments that were both brutal and scary, but not in a heart palpitation kind of way ! Which is nice, because my heart jumping out of my ribcage is not so fun.

'But BioShock is also a game of nooks and crannies. There's never been a shooter with more "non-critical" space, space designed for players to explore and discover.'
Erm, guess he hasnt heard of Penumbra, it is a First Person 'Shooter' with a large focus on puzzle solving and exploring rather than shooting.

He probably has, but it wouldn't be very good promotion to say "There's never been a shooter with more `non-critical' space, space designed for players to explore and discover.... except Penumbra though. Actually, go and buy that".

Erm, guess he hasnt heard of Penumbra, it is a First Person 'Shooter' with a large focus on puzzle solving and exploring rather than shooting.

PR i.e. "OUR GAME IS TEH BEST NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THIS."

Eh, Ken just loves to hype. It's obvious even from the tone of his voice that he has that designer giddiness you see sometimes, where no matter how many times he's interviewed he's always excited to talk about it and hype it up more and more.

He's like Peter Molyneux, you know, except without the senility.

Big K: This water is so good you'd have sex with it given the opportunity.

Not real btw

The demo looked like there's a lot of triggered stuff. Walking into an area triggering a fight between two enemies, walking past the bathroom door then turning back triggering the guy jumping out on you.

Hopefully the full game won't be like that as much.

The demo looked like there's a lot of triggered stuff. Walking into an area triggering a fight between two enemies, walking past the bathroom door then turning back triggering the guy jumping out on you.

To be fair it's the introduction to the game and things have to be staged at that point. Meanwhile the 2K forums are hilarious, so much speculation and outright silly people.

Err, lemme try give an example. One of the only times I've actually jumped in my seat while playing was when a light fizzled out as I walked past it. Normally this wouldn't have even phased me, but at the time I was unarmed and approaching an enemy I'd just seen brutally kill someone, and I could hear his crazed ramblings echoing down the hall towards me.

Also, one other time I was making my way through a bathroom, and as I was exiting I heard something behind me that sounded like a stall slamming open. So I slowly turn around and carefully ease towards the door again, and as I'm about to round the corner something freakin JUMPS out at me, so I zap it with my lightning plasmid.

Turns out it was just the security bot I hacked about 10 minutes ago, and it was banging off the walls as it attempted to follow me through, which must have been what I was hearing. And by shocking it, I just disabled my own bot :D

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm very easily scared by the cheap, something jumping out at you from the darkness type moments, but the Bioshock demo was more a case of creating an atmosphere and cinematic moments that were both brutal and scary, but not in a heart palpitation kind of way ! Which is nice, because my heart jumping out of my ribcage is not so fun.

I'm not easily scared by things that jump out of scripted closets however atmosphere does it for me every time ..stalker for example, failling through an unseen trap door on a rooftop while in a firefight only to be plunged into near total darkness with the sound of those face monsters coming at me made me fire my gun wildly as I'd jump at each sound ..man that game was scary at times ..guess I get too immersed in some games, especially atmospheric games ..but it's all fun as I get a kick out of atmospheric games

Heh I was pretty creeped out in the first 5 minutes of that demo. After the Splicer kills that bloke in front of the bathyspheres window I was really cautious about leaving it, esp. since the entire room was bathed in deep shadows and darkness. But feth, this game looks awesome. Gonna go play the demo again later.

One thing that's been bugging me recently - are Big Daddies, Splicers and Bots/Cameras the only enemies? I remember seeing concept art of these grotesque looking The Fly-esqe half human half bug mutants. I hope these and more are included. It'll make the exp. much more creepier and survival like if I'm running away from things other than crazed humans.

Indeed. From all of the interviews and such I thought that it would be totally AI driven and that fights would break out whether you were near them or not. I loved to see that kind of thing in Oblivion, for instance, so it would be great if that is the case here too. I guess we will have to wait and see the finished version. Damn the Falcons for not flying to my local game emporium faster!!!

The only part that really scared me was right in the beginning with the splicer trying to break in and the laughing and all that. Yeah gtfo >_>

Normally enemies jumping out of closets or anything like that dont scare me but the splicer in the bathroom stall got me D: Which reminded me of one god awful moment in Condemned where you walk over to a locker to see if theres anything in it and the thing starts shaking and shit and out comes one of those damn things. Bastards >_>

I've just played through it, took nearly an hour looking at the beautiful environs. Christ, that was sex.

24th cant come soon enough, I am gonna bring my BioShock figurine to my kindergarten class!!!!!*J/k*

you're in kindergarten? ..or just outside the window looking in?

mjface.jpg

Peekaboo

pedobear.png

fixed

thanx. far more realistic and ultimately more attractive. I would.

A pretty crap game that has the replay value of 0. I might have given it a replay value of 5 if it had multiplayer or possibly 5.1 if your character cast a shadow.

:D at the suckers who buy this game for ?49.99, I think I'll wait 3 months and pick it up for ?24.99, clock it and trade the sucker in.

;(

Back