Black Mesa Source coming alive once again

ramsfan

Vortigaunt
Reaction score

Yes its another video! Anyways this is awesome if you ask me. BMS was being updated to the source sdk 2013 and xen to be added before being released to greenlight. It looks like we may be getting close to a release

Why is this news? It was announced literally years ago and it's still posted in sticky threads on the Black Mesa forums.

Oh, that's right, it's not.

the news is that after a year of silence they start an ARG which might mean that the Steam Release is soon and for me thats exciting, especially the Nihilanth part in the ARG which probably means that Xen will be in the Steam release on release.
And yeah, I will gladly pay for this "mod", I just hope they remade the animations of the weapons and some sounds (which is confirmed).

This new ARG is why I am thinking that if Valve shows anything related to HL in GDC 2015, it may very well be about BM ported into Source 2. Right or wrong I guess we will see soon enough anyway.

Who knows...maybe Valve will anounce and show us the long awaited sequel to their most beloved franchise of all times which should now have a 3 in the title....of course I mean L4D3.

I really can't tell what this ARG might be for. As far as I know they're remaking a lot of assets for the paid release of the game, and they don't seem to be finished with it yet at all.
Maybe they're just trying to keep the hype and interest for the game alive, but for that, the Pizza ARG could be enough.

Is this really an ARG? Doesn't seem like any puzzles to solve. Looks more like a teaser.

At least it looks like an AGR according to the blackmesasource discussions.

I mean there's some easter eggs and stuff peppered around the site, but I don't see anything solvable. Hence it's not an ARG to me.

I mean there's some easter eggs and stuff peppered around the site, but I don't see anything solvable. Hence it's not an ARG to me.

That's a good point. Do you know why are they caling it an AGR then?

maybe you think that because nobody solved anything yet, or they already solved it by finding the ASCII codes and stuff like that or parts of it. Doesnt really matter though, I just want Black Mesa to come out soon.

maybe you think that because nobody solved anything yet, or they already solved it by finding the ASCII codes and stuff like that or parts of it. Doesnt really matter though, I just want Black Mesa to come out soon.
I want it too as soon as possible. Too bad ValveTime hates Black Mesa nowadays, can't get any info from here and ValveTime is my favorite source of Valve related news. But yes, hopefully we'll see the purchasable version in steam soon.

I want it too as soon as possible. Too bad ValveTime hates Black Mesa nowadays, can't get any info from here and ValveTime is my favorite source of Valve related news. But yes, hopefully we'll see the purchasable version in steam soon.
I heard Valve News Network is pretty good for that kinda information, he also had the news about the EGX Rezzed talk by Chet with a secret topic first,
just sayin

the staff members (and some others) made some cynical posts about this thread, so I thought why not also post something offensive?
And besides, posting your Black Mesa Review here is kinda funny cause it has about 1800 dislikes compared to 500 likes which confirmes what Vi-Pe said:
Too bad ValveTime hates Black Mesa nowadays

I heard Valve News Network is pretty good for that kinda information, he also had the news about the EGX Rezzed talk by Chet with a secret topic first,
just sayin
Yes that's pretty good. Just meant it would be nice to get the info also from here because I started following ValveTime even more.
You can't get any news on BMS?

Commenting on BMS
BMS SFM Content Pack
BMS Review
BMS "On a Rail"
Etc...

What more would you like?
It seems staff here is pretty unfriendly. I should probably leave this place and stick to your videos only. Sorry about trying to be part of the community as a Black Mesa fan :(.
Sorry if I don't use that much twitter but thanks for the info. And last two are pretty old news :D.

I'm not being unfriendly. I'm asking you, what more do you want to see? We try to cover all the major news for BMS.

We missed this last website update because we were all busy, I guess. We'll get the next one.

You're free to create your own threads on BMS in our forums, too.

It seems staff here is pretty unfriendly.
Chill man. Im not sure but I think these guys do this website in their freetime and they are normal human beings only because they manage this site doesnt mean they are going to be super nice to everyone. My comment earlier was also a little sarcastic, but when you only have text its sometimes hard to tell especially if you dont know the people.

And don't stick only to our videos. I don't have anything to do with our videos. How else are you going to read my posts if you stick only to our videos? :p

I'm not being unfriendly. I'm asking you, what more do you want to see? We try to cover all the major news for BMS.

We missed this last website update because we were all busy, I guess. We'll get the next one.

You're free to create your own threads on BMS in our forums, too.
Ok, maybe I bit over reacted, but mostly over these 2 days I haven't gotten too positive picture of the staff (when speaking about Black Mesa). I apologize.

Hi Vi-Pe, I read what you sent me on the contact form.

I'm just quoting the above post from you in which you say "Too bad ValveTime hates Black Mesa nowadays". I checked this thread for anything bad said against you or BM before that point and there is nothing. So that statement you've made is on the pretense of you knowing the history of the situation between us. I'm glad you're informed but you're also trying to create a non-existent tension. Smash has given you some more context to that story but myself & Chris_D cleared things with BM back at the time. We stand by our review of BM, it's a totally valid opinion of which I've had plenty of people approach me and agree. If I recall we still scored it well and recommended it.

Anyway, Nick's attitude to this is a lesser reflection on BM itself and more the quality of news content that Tyler puts out on his channel, so don't take it personally. We hold our content quality bar high, don't go for the cheap hits / views and just tell you what really matters. That means you sometimes don't get the smaller updates we read every day but when it matters you'll hear about it, or smash will put together a huge review like his fantastic GDC article - http://www.valvetime.net/threads/valve-and-the-road-to-gdc-2015.245741/

Anyway, I hope that helps give you some context.

Thank you for these replies. I feel bit embarrased because I made so big thing about this. Once more I'm sorry! : D
Now, back to topic!

I was talking about the topic being something secret which smash just posted today and again I was just sarcastic I dont care who was first, Ill stick to Valvetime.net for the serious stuff and If I need some HL3 Hype I go to Valve News Network

I was talking about the topic being something secret which smash just posted today and again I was just sarcastic I dont care who was first, Ill stick to Valvetime.net for the serious stuff and If I need some HL3 Hype I go to Valve News Network
Glad to hear it. Just be sure to remember that Tyler makes literally zero discoveries.

That's a good point. Do you know why are they caling it an AGR then?
Well, who's calling kxbm.net an ARG? The BMS team or the fans?

It seems there are some puzzles in the website, according to this summary. So I suppose there is a game going on. But will it lead to new BMS content, or just continue to tease? I think an ARG should actually lead to some revealing content, but maybe that's just me.

Another resource: http://forums.blackmesasource.com/index.php/Thread/13735-ARG-The-Pizza-Code-Mystery/

Well, who's calling kxbm.net an ARG? The BMS team or the fans?

It seems there are some puzzles in the website, according to this summary. So I suppose there is a game going on. But will it lead to new BMS content, or just continue to tease? I think an ARG should actually lead to some revealing content, but maybe that's just me.

Another resource: http://forums.blackmesasource.com/index.php/Thread/13735-ARG-The-Pizza-Code-Mystery/

Actually they are discussing it, in the black mesa forums, in a topic called "[ARG] The Pizza Code Mistery". that's why I was thinking it's ARG.

Right, so the answer probably is "the fans."

How is this connected to the pizza ARG anyhow? I haven't been following this close enough, so I'm genuinely asking.

Huh. When reading the title of the topic I thought that the team behind BM:S finally released some new info about the Xen levels, but apparently not. Anyway, this sort-of-ARG thingy seems interesting, I'll give it a look since I'm already both bored and ill. ( Good lord, there's a lot on that forum. I'll be reading for a while ) Also, this entire pizza theme of the ARG reminds me of this :
tumblr_mzo5msliw51r9ibuko1_500.gif
And they say that Tumblr is a horrible place. :D

Don't forget about peanut butter !

.. I'm allergic to peanut butter.... ._.

What in **** is going on around here? Have they even hinted that the Xen portion of BM:S is even in development currently?

What in **** is going on around here? Have they even hinted that the Xen portion of BM:S is even in development currently?

[ I have to fix this mess of a post, I'm in a bit of a hurry right now ]

The team behind Black Mesa stated on their FAQ -

Development on Xen is already underway and developers hope to have it finished up in a reasonable timeframe

There are a lot of FAN versions however, and it's sometimes hard to say if they are fake or not. ( Apparently these trolls put a lot of effort into their trolling ) There's an "Alpha" version of these levels, and you actually can download it on ModDB here. People claim it's "not" a "fake", but you can always give it a try.

PS : I think we're making a sweet and delicious sandwich.

Last edited:
This entire situation is a mess.
I
V
picard-facepalm.jpg

However, I think I would join Black Mesa's forums just so I could scout around there, since I'm already hyped for these levels AND I could do more research on that Pizza ARG thingy, despite the fact that I understand only a half of what they are writing in that thread. :bag: The thing is, even when I am ill, I just don't have enough time. *sigh* Welcome to adulthood, I guess ?

Last edited:
Back