Black Mesa: Source Delayed

I want a video of the first level!
I want to see that they don't fool us around! Because the video is animated!

I thought this whole thing was a reaction to "Half-Life:Source"...

Didn't Gabe Newell say that a full fledged source remake should be made by modders, and not them? Didn't Valve say they where excited about this mod? Despite the absurd playlength:devlength ratio, it would be nice for some modern/new PC gamers (e.g.: halo/killzone fanboi converts) to go from the black mesa tram to the borealis with some, how should I say it... consistency.

"But the gfx suck, and thephysics suck. Halo and CoD are way better than this old junk, lol"

"But the gfx suck, and thephysics suck. Halo and CoD are way better than this old junk, lol"
Besides, people converted to PC gaming after playing Mature rated shooters on the consoles? Black Mesa will be played by more unicorns.

I can't read the OP for all the foggy VAPOUR obscuring it.

Well...

I, for one, think they're doing a great job.

Then what the hell else is being argued about?!

Yeah, it is kinda redundant. But isn't that pretty much given with anything called a remake? Besides, it's something everybody was clamoring for ever since Half-Life 2 was first unveiled. Hell, Valve suggested it. But all I ever hear on this forum when BM:S ever comes up is, like, unreasonable anger. So often it seems like the scorn directed at the mod's hype instead gets transferred over to the mod itself. And that ain't cool.

My only problem with it so far is that while the soundtrack is decent and well-produced, it feels completely inappropriate for Half-Life. In fact, my fists are starting to tremble with rage as I think about it...

Whatever. CARRY ON

On a different topic, I really, really, really, hate encountering people who have never played/refuse to play the original Half-Life, but say something along the lines of "Yeah, aren't they making a remake of it with HL2 graphics? I wanna play that."

On a different topic, I really, really, really, hate encountering people who have never played/refuse to play the original Half-Life, but say something along the lines of "Yeah, aren't they making a remake of it with HL2 graphics? I wanna play that."

Sort of like people who become engrossed in the popular culture surrounding the movie version of a good book.

Lord of the Rings comes to mind.

Legolas skateboards down a Mumakil's trunk and gives Iluvitar a high five.

Sort of like people who become engrossed in the popular culture surrounding the movie version of a good book.

Lord of the Rings comes to mind.

Legolas skateboards down a Mumakil's trunk and gives Iluvitar a high five.
Not the greatest example, considering Tolkien's writing is so damned slow and drawn out. I know there are some people who stukk appreciate it, but I think the overall writing style for books have changed since then.

(Of course, there are some old authors I appreciate reading now: H.G. Wells and Isaac Asimov for instance. Now those are two authors you should read the books of instead of seeing the god-damned movie adaptations.)

I don't post much, but I gotta say, this just makes me mad. Yes, they're working hard! Yes, they're taking time to do a good job! But I'm getting sick of people defending the BMS team with the same excuses. I write for a newspaper. When I'm given a deadline, I meet it. I don't call up my editor, and tell her:
"My article is going to be a year late because I'm making sure that it's going to be good and wonderful and full of Care Bears."

They gave us a deadline, they didn't meet it, and owe us an apology that isn't a rewritten one from a year ago.

I would also think that they might have made more progress if they weren't constantly redoing things! "Oh, we made that so long ago, we should remake it, so that it still looks new." Yeah, but while they remake that level, another gets outdated. And then, when they fix the outdated one, the previous level become outdated. It's just an endless cycle.

I like the prospect of BMS completely redoing Half-Life:making it look more like a lab facility rather then a gun depo; adding in new tricks. But, if they would spend more time redoing things, rather then "improving" them, we could have it by now.

Rant over, I hope this turns out to be great. If not, I will eat my shoes(which fortunately, are made out of chocolate.

Not the greatest example, considering Tolkien's writing is so damned slow and drawn out. I know there are some people who stukk appreciate it, but I think the overall writing style for books have changed since then.

(Of course, there are some old authors I appreciate reading now: H.G. Wells and Isaac Asimov for instance. Now those are two authors you should read the books of instead of seeing the god-damned movie adaptations.)

Check out John Wyndham if you haven't yet.

They gave us a deadline, they didn't meet it, and owe us an apology that isn't a rewritten one from a year ago.

They don't owe you anything.

Unless, y'know, you actually poured a few dimes into the mod's development. I'm pretty sure you didn't.

Back