Blacking out from Alcohol

Tyguy

Space Core
Reaction score
Last Saturday was the first time I have ever blacked out from drinking. I was a pretty heavy drinker in college, as were many of my friends, yet I could never relate to their blackout stories...i thought there was something wrong with me!

Anyway, I arrive at my friends apartment and begin drinking my 6 pack of bud light, a delicacy this time of year. :x I end up finishing them in about 40 minutes as we decided to have a power hour (taking a shot of beer every minute for an hour). It's kind of a chicks game but **** you, it gets you inebriated much faster.

I finish about 8 before we left for the bar. I only had a few more while I was there but I had the egregious idea to take a couple of valium. That did me in...combined with the alcohol and the lack of any food in my system, I have no memory from that point on until I woke up on my friends couch at 6 in the morning. Amazingly I remembered to get my credit card although I didn't leave a tip. Apparently I'm a selfish twat when I'm drunk.

The worst part about this was the fact that one of the girls we went out with liked me and I had a 100 percent chance of getting booty. Alas, my penis remained dry and I died a little inside.

Anyone blackout on a regular basis and care to share?

I have only blacked out two times in my life. The first time was the worse, they even had to call the ambulance to pick me up. I dont remember anything after i left the bar, but i have a small flashback of me laying in the ambulance wondering wtf is going on. I woke up in the hospital with an IV thingy in my arm. Doctor walked up to me and im all like "wtf, where am i? whats going on". After i recovered, two police officers arrested me for drinking in public (which i didnt do...i just passed out in public). They took me to the police station and my dad had to pick me up. Apparantly they had to pump my stumech. I dont know if i was near death or not.

The second time wasnt as bad, i collapsed outside my house. Luckily i had two friends with me who carried me home. I have a flashback were i was laying face down in the grass, i was using my full strength trying to push myself up, but my arms were too weak, and the rest of my body was paralyzed. Everything was super blury and my field of vision was ****ed, all i could see was the grass.

Blackout = fun

I don't black out often, only happened a couple times. Last time it happened it was really bad and I did some stupid shit, still regret it.

After i recovered, two police officers arrested me for drinking in public (which i didnt do...i just passed out in public). They took me to the police station and my dad had to pick me up. Apparantly they had to pump my stumech. I dont know if i was near death or not.

Christ, how old were you when this went down?

I've gone to bed drunk and not remembered the night before. that's what they mean when they say you had a drinking blackout. it's not passing out from drinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(alcohol-related_amnesia)

also if you're passing out from drinking it usually means you're close to alcohol poisoning whioch is why they pumped Ravoili's stomach

also if you're drinking and you fall asleep then that's not blacking out (happens to me all the time. my wife marvels that I can fall asleep on the couch during a movie with a beer in my hand and not spill a drop)

I was 16, i wasnt experienced with drinking at all so i didnt know my limits. I was also a lightweight, so that didnt help. We basically just put all our money on the counter and told them to give us all they got. We kept taking shots after shots and drinks after drinks. I sure learned my lesson lol

I've never passed out from drinking but I've blacked out loads of times. I wake up with random numbers in my phone, weird things in my pockets and cuts on my hands. I'm usually with a lot of friends, so the majority of the time nothing bad happens.

i got a facebook friend request from some random girl from the bar too, and she is definitely a bag over the head kind of person...shame.

15 shots of Vodka in 4 hours plus 4 Smirnoff Ices wasnt even enough to make me have a hangover, let alone be blackout drunk or pass out. I don't think I could afford enough alcohol to get drunk enough that I pass out.

No, I never drink a twattish amount of alcohol.

I usually remember most of the night before, with honourable exceptions.

Four years of fraternity and football life in college led to some epic blackout moments with a variety of endings ranging from the "Ah man that must've been crazy" to "Ah man I hope I'm not gonna die." Waking up in places you don't recognize is scary sometimes but it's kind of like an adventure as well. It reminds me of those old RPGs where you just kind of wake up in a new life... except you don't usually wake up in an RPG with a wicked hangover.

Generally it took some kind of epic undertaking for me to black out after I had established a tolerance. Of course... if it turned in to one of those "liqour nights" then it was fairly assured. With beer... it was basically not possible without coming close to drowning myself.

College was a good time though... I should go get my Masters just for some more of that.

Happens. But I haven't been out drinking for a long time though. Not counting some beers on new years, and some beer and Irish coffe at a resturant, it's been almost 5 months since i was drunk. ****. I need to remedy this. Expect drunk thread tomorrow.

Happens. But I haven't been out drinking for a long time though. Not counting some beers on new years, and some beer and Irish coffe at a resturant, it's been almost 5 months since i was drunk. ****. I need to remedy this. Expect drunk thread tomorrow.

glad i could assist someone in drinking themselves into a stupor. :D

I've had it happen about 3 or 4 times in my life. of those i can sorta remember, once i drank so much at my friends house party that i collapsed in the snow outside, and my friends had to drag me back into the house and wrap blankets around me while I was shivering like a hairless cat. A few other times I was at my friends wreck room for a small party and woke up in my own bed.
the worst part was that i drank most of the rum and was puking the whole night but i got some really good pics of the girls i drove there (that i obviously couldn't have driven home) the scariest part was that although my friend let me stay the night i had no idea i'd be driving home drunk at 5am and when i got home i was completely smashed still. i remember this because my mom asked me what time it was and i said 1am and clearly the sun was rising then. funniest shit ever, but i should have died

also there are countless times when my friends and i have said "we should have died" after smashing a few cars and running from the cops in the wee hours of the morning. but i pretty much stopped partying around age 22, it got old and i felt like i needed to grow up a bit

but i pretty much stopped partying around age 22, it got old and i felt like i needed to grow up a bit

same with me, after school I kinda lost interest in the bar scene...it's expensive.

that's why i switched over to pot. now instead of engaging in fruitless debauchery i just giggle and do something creative. (sometimes i masturbate)

:thumbs:

I've only been that way twice, and both were due to my lack of eating not the insane amounts of booze I consumed.

First time I was a newby to drinking, so I had a couple of beers and a few shots of Captain Morgan. Well, that pretty much made me wasted. So I took a couple more shots and the pictures of the night were quite hilarious.

Then the last time wasn't too long ago, but I ate lunch, a bud came over and we started drinking at about 3. Drank *slowly* until about 10. Had about 12-16 *don't remember....* beers in me. I've never passed out drunk, though. Just always fall asleep and forget wtf happened.

I've never really been a Party guy. I usually just get with a couple friends at their/my house and drink. Going out to drink is way too expensive and I hate being around people I don't know while I'm drunk. I'm already paranoid enough. *slaps ass were wallet is*

I also hate drunk strangers. Nothing worse. Literally. Not even being slowly tortured to death by ginger Belfast clowns. Though being from Belfast they'd be drunk anyway...

Oh shit, how could I forget the time I got arrested at a Buffalo Bills game?? heres one small tidbit of info: don't go heavy drinking on an empty stomach! I know its been mentioned but it must be addressed, the more you eat the happier you'll be when you drink. i was funneling beers, when some asshole dumped some rum or jack or something strong into the funnel and after about 10 minutes it got fuzzy, next thing i remember was puking in a holding cell with like 15 guys all staring at me, and one was using my cell phone. after that things went from embarrassing to just plain annoying and i didn't get let out till about 1pm the next day. also i missed the game and had to pay some steep fines

I also hate drunk strangers. Nothing worse. Literally. Not even being slowly tortured to death by ginger Belfast clowns. Though being from Belfast they'd be drunk anyway...

WAIT... you're Irish and you don't like drinking? I thought that was illegal?

Drinking is ok, with friends at a house/beach party or whatever. Drunk strangers come across as obnoxious rather than funny.

Drinking is ok, with friends at a house/beach party or whatever. Drunk strangers come across as obnoxious rather than funny.

Then you're not drunk enough! You've never had a drunk buddy for the night? Don't even know the person but you go on wacky adventures and never talk again?

I have much more of a problem in that 60% of the time, their obnoxious behavior is a placebo effect. So it's not like "Oh, they're drunk, they can't help it!" and more like "Oh, they're drunk, and they want you to know they're drunk so they're doing stupid shit and talking loud"

I just roll my eyes when someone will have maybe 3 beers and then tell me about how they were running up and down the street laughing and slapping cars; or something equally as retarded to let me know they were "really wasted".

Bro, I drink vodka and whiskey like water bro. No one can beat me I'm so hardcore bro. Bro

Fixed.

You kidding? I always have a blast drinking out in Belfast! In fact I'm going out tonight to the union - always great fun.

I even have a site about it www.belfastnightlife.net

It's happened to me a few times.

The first time that I can remember having a blackout was when I was puring vodka, beer and absynthe. That didn't end well at all. I threw up all over myself, and my friends, they were are pretty drunk, let me fall in my head when they were carrying me. I absolutely can't remember any of it.

This other time I drank a bottle of whisky in 4 hours..maybe less. Also didn't end well, and I can't remember anything from that night.

Oh and I was at this music festival once, drinking whisky. And the next thing I remember is nexto morning, waking up in my tent. Nothing else.

Yeah, blackouts aren't unusual for me.. But as someone stated before, I've turned to pot some time ago, and since then I haven't had a single bad night.

i like your t-shirt, bro.
Cheers.

We had a fake stag night for our friend (a virgin) and went on a bar crawl telling ridiculous stories to strangers about his fiance called madeline who he met in spain (get the joke?). Then getting girls to make out with him on his last night off freedom.

I don't remember much of that night actually.

I still remember the night you were so ****ing wasted, Solaris, that I 2girl1cup'd you. Still have it somewhere on my Youtube, I think.

I still remember the night you were so ****ing wasted, Solaris, that I 2girl1cup'd you. Still have it somewhere on my Youtube, I think.
Lol that was hilarious!

I remember I used to ring you when we were drunk. Until one time I rang you and some mexican guy answered 'Hola! sie??? no comprahendo!"

hahaha yeah, I got a new phone with a new number. I loved getting drunk dialed by the 'over the pond'er.

Cheers.

We had a fake stag night for our friend (a virgin) and went on a bar crawl telling ridiculous stories to strangers about his fiance called madeline who he met in spain (get the joke?). Then getting girls to make out with him on his last night off freedom.

I don't remember much of that night actually.

If your talking about that little girl that went missing, it happened in Portugal. Not Spain

My stomach is too weak for heavy drinking. I'm always sick so I never actually get that bad. You know, apart from being sick.

That's one thing I'm lucky for. I've only puked once or twice while drinking. My stomach is made of Iron/lead/diamond/other metal.

then you need to drink more.

About 1 year ago when working at a bar, I stayed after closing and had some beers with the bartenders working there. They also made me delicious drinks and poured shots of shit I never heard off. I woke up on my living room floor with my front door open. It was around 8am on a weekday.I live on the first floor, and im gussing my neighbors had gone to work, passing my door, with direct view off me passed out. Im pretty po'd that not one of them had the courtesy to close the door for me.

Drank copious amounts of free booze at my mate's 20th birthday party at this wine bar he had hired out last year then trekked to the local pub. Cue me giving his cousin a fiver and telling her to get 'whatever' as I was already fairly gone by this point; just as I'm about to drink 'whatever' I completely blacked out and ended up falling backwards into the fireplace. I was out for about 10 seconds and had a killer lump on the back of my head for about a week. Then I went outside and projectile vomited all over a chemists.

Cracking evening.

I've blacked out and:

- Woken up naked on my floor in a puddle of alcohol
- Woken up 8 miles from my house in a bush on the side of the road with one of my shoes missing and a bunch of random scrapes
- Woken up with an extremely painful high-ankle sprain
- gotten a real deep 3-inch gash in my knee that required a trip to the hospital and 9 stitches
- super overtly hit on a girl I had just met for 2 hours while my girl was there (when she asked me to stop I apparently responded: "You're just jealous I'm giving her attention. Don't worry, I'll give you plenty of attention tonight :naughty:" and went right back to trying to get in the other girl's pants
- Punched my roommate in the face
- Woken up with an atrociously uncool and only mildly attractive girl in my bed
- Punched one of my other friends in the face
- Punched through a glass window
- Other random acts of vandalism / breaking shit I don't want to get into
- Broken into tons and tons of campus buildings at night

All separate incidents... I've probably blacked out 20 times in college (my friends and I drink heavily, about 3 nights a week and we go hard). None of those am I proud of and several of them were horrendously embarrassing or caused major drama and inconvenience. I try to avoid getting that drunk now but it still happens from time to time (every couple months). FYI I don't break random shit whilst NOT blackout drunk.

*makes list of who NEVER to hang out with from hl2.net

Wait these names were already here.

I usually don't lose my memory even when I was extremely drunk, but it has happened on a few occasions. One time I lost my memory right after getting on the bus home. I had to change buses twice, but still made it home intact. To this day I've never understood how I managed to do that considering the stage I was in. There was also a rather nice pile of puke a few hundred metres away from my door that I suspect was mine, although obviously I can't know for sure.

Back