Blizzard to announce new game next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if its not a game!?

"welcome tot he official blizzard licensed stuffs
get your shirts of your favorites characters of the blizzard universe,whit slogans included like "why so hot in ashenvale"*pics of female night elf*","pope can kick some too!*pic of the pope playing diablo*" and "mom there is a zerg on the soup*pics of zerg ina kids soup*"
and much more stuff like the official blizzard's socks and toilet seats and much much more
<orc voice> oh thats awsome!<orc voice>
coming to a mall near you!"

And the Starcraft expansion wasn't even a dedicated Blizzard project - it was a joint venture between Blizzard and another developer.

It's got to be SC2.
No it wasn't. Brood War is only credited to Blizzard Entertainment\Blizzard North. Maybe the console version, that idk about.

ugh, well umm... You just modiified wikipedia! Ahhh!!!

Ok you got me! But next time!

Well the count down on Blizzards homepage is down to "Warcraft III (2002)", just got "World of Warcraft (2004)" to go.

Well, World of Warcraft is up. The only thing left now is Starcraft 2!

If it isn't Starcraft 2, people are going to RIOT, I tells ya.

Exp. because its in Korea. Man they are going to raid them LOL.

STarcraft 2 or diablo 3, either one will cause me to cream gallons onto numbers face.

Either one. Gallons.

Didn't blizzard say that they'll start to release expansions to wow on a yearly basis? If it's a new expansion I'll sell my wow account right away.

Diablo 3 or SC2 would be great. I'd like to see Diablo 3 more than SC2. If it's SC2 it will just be the old sc and maybe a new amazingly super race that is a totally new idea! Like a race that's like all the three races in SC! :O And of course heroes :EEE

Wasn't there some gosip like a few years ago about blizzard recording music for diablo 3 in an opera house somewhere in europe?

STarcraft 2 or diablo 3, either one will cause me to cream gallons onto numbers face.

Either one. Gallons.

*gets on hazmat mask and baton*

You stay away from me... D:

Anyway, God, Allah, Buddah, The Goddess, The Prophet, or whatever grant us the blessing of STARCRAFT 2!

STARCRAFT FOR THE STARCRAFT GOD!

Apparently the announcement will take place between 5am-7am May 19 in GMT

Pretty sure its gonna be SC2. Either way, its going to be awesome.

I wonder if we will actually see any gameplay of this "new game" or if it will just be an announcement and maybe a trailer of some kind!?!

Man, I'm at the point where I'll be pissed off if it ISN'T Starcraft. It sounds like people feel the same way if it isn't Diablo. If it's neither, a lot of people are gonna be pissed off.

They were probably better off just announcing it instead of doing this week long hype which will potentially piss off numerous Blizzard fans.

We do intend to announce a new product at the Worldwide Invitational next month in Korea, and we appreciate the enthusiasm and interest in getting an advance look at what that will be, but players will have to wait until May 19th to find out more. Also, we have a very strong connection with the characters and settings of StarCraft, and we do plan to revisit that universe at some point in the future, but we don't have anything new to announce in that regard at present.

So correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it say right there that the announcement will not have anything to do with Starcraft???

So correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it say right there that the announcement will not have anything to do with Starcraft???
Nah, it only means they didn't have any SC2-related info that they wanted to announce on the day that press release was put out :p

If it was a remake of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, that would be pretty awesome.

I'm gonna check the site tomorrow just after playing SC. :naughty:

UPDATE: A-ha! 1UP user merc84 may have actually solved the riddle for us. Take a look at this famous StarCraft quote by Sarah Kerrigan:
"I am the Queen of Blades. And my stare alone would reduce you to ashes."​
Sounds a bit like Medusa, doesn't it?

ORIGINAL STORY: As we inch nearer to Blizzard's mega-announcement in Korea, we have oh-so-little more to go on regarding the reveal. We still don't know what's coming -- even though you've told us it better be StarCraft 2, so here's hoping -- but Blizzard's itinerary for the day reveals a "Medusa Demo" following the announcement. Medusa? We couldn't find a StarCraft-Medusa connection, though there is a Diablo 2 item entitled Medusa's Gaze. There's a good chance Medusa is simply a codename for their latest game engine -- or is it a Diablo reference?

It could go both ways :D

If the international date-line is somewhere in the pacific, does that mean people in Europe and the States we'll find out the news a lot sooner, Like 9:00 tomorrow morning?
Korea is one of the first countries to pass over to the next day

They better have reaaaaaallllllly good security, man.

If their announcement disappoints the legions of SC fans in Korea, it could get bloody.

Ummmm... Am I the only one who hopes it'l be another Warcraft game(A RTS, not a F-ing MMO)

In my opinion there are too many Warcraft games already. Like 6 (counting expansions)

In my opinion there are too many Warcraft games already. Like 6 (counting expansions)

True, true. However, they can't just leave it. There has to be atleast another one to finish it off. WoW doesn't realy conclude the story, now does it?
But, I guess it'll be OK if this one isn't Warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back