Blue manipulator question

B

Borealis

So I've got it enabled and all that jazz, what I'm wondering though...

Why is it when you shoot enemies with a normal gun they completely dissappear? Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

I want to play through the game with this thing, but not if I have to put up with dissappearing bodies everywhere.

Any ideas?

what do You mean by 'disappear'?
they get vapourised when hit by an energy ball (same as when using I-rifle's secondary fire), or vanish after a while to keep polycount low / framerate high.

If you use impulse 101/give to get other weapons or the blue manipulator, they disappear when you shoot them with a normal gun. I found it quit annoying too.

Just like atomi said, no matter what weapon I use besides manipulator they just dissappear. Even the friggin headcrabs dissappear...makes me sad.

I did beat the game before I cheated y'know. I'm not going to ruin the 6 year wait with cheating. lol

Now does anyone have ANY friggin idea how to fix this?

You probably can't, since you are not supposed to hav it before the last 2 chapters. What is the cheat to get it anyways?

You get the Organic Manipulator when the Combines weapon Disintregrator thingy merges with your Gravity gun. Thats why it destroys any weapons the enemies carries.

shade70 said:
You get the Organic Manipulator when the Combines weapon Disintregrator thingy merges with your Gravity gun. Thats why it destroys any weapons the enemies carries.

It's not organic, it's juts blue and way more powerfull, and you can have it at the beginning just use the search button, and there is a thread about this, IIRC you have to go when you got it first, wait untill it is turned blue then not pick it up, changelevel to transtation and type give physgun, then you'll get it, atleast it worked for me.

Grey Fox said:
It's not organic, it's juts blue and way more powerfull, and you can have it at the beginning just use the search button, and there is a thread about this, IIRC you have to go when you got it first, wait untill it is turned blue then not pick it up, changelevel to transtation and type give physgun, then you'll get it, atleast it worked for me.

"Organic Manipulator" Does not imply that the Manipulator is organic, rather that it Manipulates Organic objects.

Yeah I dislike this too. but I'll put up with it to toss around big things and guys. they stay if you kill them directly with the manipulator though. I'd like to see this fixed in an update, or at least make an official give command for it so we don't have to go through this round about way of aqcuiring it. I think maybe since it is the only weapon you have when you get it legit, all projectile attacks are set to vaporize, so regular weaps do it too. maybe this can be fixed i dunno. maybe a mod can do it.

What is this "blue manipulator" every one talks about? In my version of HL2 (the release DVD) the only gun available in Dark Energy is a "zero-point energy gun (gravity gun)". Is this the same device? It is blue-ish in colour I suppose...

BTW, the game ending sucked big time ..... I thought I was only half way through the game. Let's hiope this week's Valve "surprise" is another ten levels!! :)

What is this "blue manipulator" every one talks about? In my version of HL2 (the release DVD) the only gun available in Dark Energy is a "zero-point energy gun (gravity gun)". Is this the same device? It is blue-ish in colour I suppose...

BTW, the game ending sucked big time: too easy and too quick. I thought I was only half way through the game. Let's hiope this week's Valve "surprise" is another ten levels!! :)

regular manipulator (first one you get) is yello in color and shots a yello beam

the blue one is liek the yellow one, sept its blue instead, more powerfull, and can pick up organic things (like living humans :D)

Can anyone help me to get the blue manipulator? i can't find the cheat for it and i wonna try to replay teh whole game with it XD

Hikaru:

Console, and:
map d3_citadel_04
changelevel [desired map] <- for the very beginning, d1_trainstation_01
give weapon_physgun <- once you want it

Back