Bodies in Xen

JackSquat

Reaction score
What do you guys make of the scattered corpses found in Xen near the end of HL1? They appear to all be wearing the same hazard suit Gordon wears. My first thought was that they were dead Gordon's from other dimensions of time/space. What do you guys think?

Other scientists that journeyed into Xen. Isn't this obvious?

Other Gordons? Hahaha. Interesting, but ridiculous.

They're obviously digital clones of Vegeta. He's hiding it, I know it!

Other scientists have traveled to Xen? I thought the connection between Xen and Earth was created at the beginning of HL1. Am I wrong?

A new connection was made, but there had been experiments involving Xen for some time. How do you explain all those Xen related labs and stuff? Do you think they just built all those up in the hours after the experiment?

You win this round, Vegeta... but I'll be goin' super saiyon with my next thread!

I always figured the scientists had been sending hapless Gordon wannabe's out to Xen ever since they verified the Nihilanth's existence and knew it needed to be killed. Since none of them could cut the mustard, they ended up serving a secondary purpose: to provide a thin explanation for Gordon to be able to find powerups for your weapons and suit in a world that humanity could not have tread.

Aren't the bodies supposed to be Gina Cross and Colette Green from Half-Life: Decay?

No.

They don't wear orange suits and they don't have helmets.

Dumb thread is dumb.

@ JackSquat
You should realize that those bodies you see are dead scientists that either died long ago before the Incident happened and some of them might have been sent before you, to try and clear the mess - failing in the end, not even getting close to the Nihilanth.
Some of them were left laying where they died, some were dragged by animals and Vortigaunts (Slaves) into their caves. I think this is all there is to know.

My first thought was that they were dead Gordon's from other dimensions of time/space.
Dude. I dig this. I dig this a lot more than the real answer. Like, damn, now I'm gonna be thinking about it and wishing this is what it actually was. There's a lot of ways you can spin something like that; for example, the bodies were from divergent timelines where Gordon made it to Xen and failed, his corpses littering the ground to be discovered by the next Gordon Freeman.

Except because they're all wearing helmets Gordon Freeman in each timeline writes them off as other scientists, much as the player has. If you were able to remove the helmets you'd see Gordon's own face staring back at you.

Each failure produces another HEV-clad corpse present in the same space (there is only one borderworld linking the dimensions, after all), on and on until Gordon succeeds in his mission.

...Which could also totally explain how some people chose the bad end and yet Gordon Freeman was still alive for Half-Life 2.

and how the quickload feature is justified.

Laidlaw is lauging @ people who thinks it's other scientists.

Aren't the bodies supposed to be Gina Cross and Colette Green from Half-Life: Decay?
Yes, they are. Dozens of them, possibly clones. :rolling:

@ JackSquat
You should realize that those bodies you see are dead scientists that either died long ago before the Incident happened and some of them might have been sent before you, to try and clear the mess - failing in the end, not even getting close to the Nihilanth.
Actually, few of them were pretty close to Nihilanth, even in his chamber and teleport areas you can find dead guys from Black Mesa.

Dude. I dig this. I dig this a lot more than the real answer. Like, damn, now I'm gonna be thinking about it and wishing this is what it actually was. There's a lot of ways you can spin something like that; for example, the bodies were from divergent timelines where Gordon made it to Xen and failed, his corpses littering the ground to be discovered by the next Gordon Freeman.

Except because they're all wearing helmets Gordon Freeman in each timeline writes them off as other scientists, much as the player has. If you were able to remove the helmets you'd see Gordon's own face staring back at you.

Each failure produces another HEV-clad corpse present in the same space (there is only one borderworld linking the dimensions, after all), on and on until Gordon succeeds in his mission.

...Which could also totally explain how some people chose the bad end and yet Gordon Freeman was still alive for Half-Life 2.

My brain just got an erection. Not even kidding.

There's a dimension where Gordon Freeman is G-Man.

True story.

Actually, few of them were pretty close to Nihilanth, even in his chamber and teleport areas you can find dead guys from Black Mesa.

Yeah. All I meant is that those guys were desperately sent to contain, but they never returned.

I've never been to turned on by the idea of near-infinite multiple similar universes. Multiple completely different universes, sure, but not similar.

Also, Barnz, I hate you so much for that. So much. My mind is burning at that prospect, and everything in me is trying to undo your post.

They couldn't find a portal back to Earth. As a result, they drowned in their own pool of piss in Xen due to a lack of flap to release the piss and poop. Why do you think Gordon refuses to wear a helmet? Piss can exit through the thin space around his neck.

Other scientists have traveled to Xen? I thought the connection between Xen and Earth was created at the beginning of HL1. Am I wrong?

Apparently they left in the hours between the resonance cascade and Gordon's arrival.

Why doesn't Gordon have a helmet? I could mock Poison Headcrabs from afar with a helmet.

Those would be fun times.

Why doesn't Gordon have a helmet? I could mock Poison Headcrabs from afar with a helmet.

Those would be fun times.

You know what Gordon whas thinking when he was putting on his suit back in Black Mesa?
"Oh geez, I'm running late.."

Well, he might of forgotten it in the hurry, who knows. :D

The Dozens of Dead bodies on Xen are of Lambda Labs Personell who may have died during a Harmonic Reflux. The "Gina" body on Xen looks to be the Hazard Course Version (Older Looking and No sticks through the hair), Could it be that Gina had a Sister?

Black Mesa only employs one bloodline of females?

You know what Gordon whas thinking when he was putting on his suit back in Black Mesa?
"Oh geez, I'm running late.."

Well, he might of forgotten it in the hurry, who knows. :D

I believe he thought he won't need it. Plus, we can see Gina moving one of those Xen crystals withouth her helmet, so I suppose the helmet is designed only for exteme situations. Of course, if Gordon knew what was going to happen ... :cheese:

And I do think Gordon had his helmet on while he was to Xen. I don't see how he will breathe the air there (I'm preety sure it wasn't suitable for humans). If you ask "When and where did he get it ?" well, I think it comes with the long jump module ;)

I'm pretty sure that Xen air is hospitible for humans, because not only are aliens and other Xen fauna able to thrive here, humans, such as Shepard, calhoun, and Freeman, are able to breath on its surface. Yes, in case you didn't know, the Gearbox expansion packs are canon. Just not Race X.

yeah, thanks for stating that mr. laidlaw. it's also shephard, not shepard.

I always tought they sent scientists before you came to xen...

A new connection was made, but there had been experiments involving Xen for some time. How do you explain all those Xen related labs and stuff? Do you think they just built all those up in the hours after the experiment?

No, scientist had always been journeying to Xen. Several teleport links had been established to Xen and the concept of a Resonance had already been established. When a strange man in a blue suit clutching a breefcase offered to make the biggest contribution to human inovation in history with a mysterious yellow jem with the power to fuel a "safe" resonance cascade , the cheif researchers just had to accept, right?

No, scientist had always been journeying to Xen. Several teleport links had been established to Xen and the concept of a Resonance had already been established.

What do you mean, "no"? That's exactly what I'm saying.

He was answering no to the question you asked at the end of your post.

Back