Boones End News

A

Azlan

Boones End is a survival horror inspired modification and today they are releasing a few new shots. To learn more about Boones End, go here to step into their website.[br]

Nice work, and jessica's hawttt :p Keep it up. Monster looks great, maps look detailed, but not over the top. Can't wait to play!

Chav said:
I think the monster isn't looking very good.

Au contraire. That is the best looking mod monster I have seen so far. It will look suitably creepy if they get the movement etc. right.

Jessicas stomach looks a bit too.. defined (I think thats what I mean) and I'm undecided on the monster.
Maps are looking pretty good though.

hahahahahahahahahahaha i forgot bout that one.

what about chet, from wierd science?

i need to fix that things hands, and prolly reunwrap it to fix some texture stretching in the back, then redo the normal maps. Its only 3452 tris, so its very low poly. I figured here will be a couple kinda waddling at you (too big to move like normal folk) snapping and biting. Still gots to add the tongue

polyguns said:
hahahahahahahahahahaha i forgot bout that one.

what about chet, from wierd science?

i need to fix that things hands, and prolly reunwrap it to fix some texture stretching in the back, then redo the normal maps. Its only 3452 tris, so its very low poly. I figured here will be a couple kinda waddling at you (too big to move like normal folk) snapping and biting. Still gots to add the tongue
A tongue? Poor things mouth looks small enough without one. He'll starve! :p

I think im the only one who thinks the monster looks pretty cool. The face is neat. Would add more polygons on the body though. The maps look good too, concept is fine.

I dont quite like the monster for some odd reason... It just feels a little bit undefined. Nice job on Jessica though. Hopefully this will spark.

your right. my main goal was to have the arms and hands unusable, kinda walking around all retarted (not meant to offend retards)

really though, it needs alot of work, thats only 4-5 hours there, I kinda rushed to see what i could do before going to bed one night. I don't believe in finishing models till i see them ingame anyways, otherwise your wasting your time if it looks very different.

The monster is nice, but if the woman is supposed to be sexeh, then they failed at this point IMHO. She is unproportionally fat and has an ugly face (I'm talking about the coloured version) :p

Looking good on a whole, however i wish that mods would not use that standard car prop :) It is so overused.

Just my nit picking.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

i think the monster was made with Z Brush.. its easy, but with a good result. But its the texture that needs more work.

but overall a good job. :thumbs:

Just to let you guys know much like anybodys work should be considered wip we wont know till mod is ready for release. Like example that hl2 car prop is being replaced with our own shortly. So will much of hl2's props and textures.

Well that is good to hear. I was just nit picking :)

Cheers,
bbyybb.

I don´t like that ravey-trendy shirt she has.

edit: the neck part is nice but other than that I think it´s too trendy-ravey, yeah

Yea its concept many things will change. In the modelling things will most likely change.

yea baby yeaaaaa.

I don't understand people commenting on the looks or figure of an animated character. comments about proportions, or "ugliness" really blow my mind. Maybe people want the stereotipical japaname, or maybe everyone wants models like alex, where they match a model to a person and then take her skin as a photo and map it on. Personally, I like exageration, and odd shaped or strange looking characters you find in great movies like "the incredibles" or "toy story"

there are a couple great comic artists I loved from my younger years that really played with proportions and created some fantastic art. Sam Kieth who created "Maxx", and Dale Keon, who use to draw the "Hulk" Comics, but switched to "Pitt" after all those people left Marvel. Look them up, they are awsome.

I can respect the opinions people have regarding artistic liberty. They like the photoskins and realistic proportions of hl2, and think its the best. Personally, I see "normal" people every day, and none of them are perfect. I could take a picture of the average person and post it in here as a model and someone would say "her hips are too big, she's too ugly"

I love fantasy, surrealism, hyperrealism, even idealism. realism though is a lie! Like my graphic design teacher told me once " if you want realism, take a picture!"

polyguns said:
yea baby yeaaaaa.

I don't understand people commenting on the looks or figure of an animated character. comments about proportions, or "ugliness" really blow my mind. Maybe people want the stereotipical japaname, or maybe everyone wants models like alex, where they match a model to a person and then take her skin as a photo and map it on. Personally, I like exageration, and odd shaped or strange looking characters you find in great movies like "the incredibles" or "toy story"

there are a couple great comic artists I loved from my younger years that really played with proportions and created some fantastic art. Sam Kieth who created "Maxx", and Dale Keon, who use to draw the "Hulk" Comics, but switched to "Pitt" after all those people left Marvel. Look them up, they are awsome.

I can respect the opinions people have regarding artistic liberty. They like the photoskins and realistic proportions of hl2, and think its the best. Personally, I see "normal" people every day, and none of them are perfect. I could take a picture of the average person and post it in here as a model and someone would say "her hips are too big, she's too ugly"

I love fantasy, surrealism, hyperrealism, even idealism. realism though is a lie! Like my graphic design teacher told me once " if you want realism, take a picture!"
you tell em!

polyguns said:
yea baby yeaaaaa.

The Maxx and The Hulk!

And I agree, everyone is so nitpicky these days. I'm tired of seeing your a perfect looking character in art. There needs to be variations. Video games are there to simulate things and have fun with not masturbate to.

Back