Borg Cube v. Death Star

The snake is long

• Borg Cube

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • Death Star

Votes: 60 63.8%

• Total voters
**** that, death star destroys that shitty cube before it even gets close. And Darth Vader will just force choke every borg that comes near him

But once he chokes one of the borg out, they'll be immune to the force, they adapt very quickly

Vertices are insignificant next to the power of the force.

Erk ... it's a Trek vs Wars battle in disguise!!

Trekkies ... ATTACK!

*meowwwww*

Cube is more agile.... but deathstar is massive and has a ****-off huge laser thing!! But the cube will have shields....

It would SO be impossible to aim it at a moving cube.....
If the borg board the star then they can assimilate the **** out of the imperials!!
Why am I answering this seriously?

Does the Cube have adaptable shields like the Borg do?

there was a thread on this long ago.

Before Jesus was born.

Death Star wins initial meeting.

Cubes become immune after that.

Borg cannot "adapt" to the force, so Vader could still throw them around.

A thread on Imperials vs Borg has pulled me out of hiding. How sad.
Death-Star vs Cube would go something like this:

Imperial Commander: Fire the lasers!

*lasers do ****-all*

Imperial Commander: Launch the fighters!

*cube beams thousands of drones aboard death-star and buggers of somewhere*

Imperial Commander: Send the Troopers!
Imperial Commander: Send in more Troopers!
Imperial Commander: Send in the rest of the Troopers! and Vader!

*by this time there's drones everywhere and vader can't do anything*

Imperial Commander: ****.

cube because it has transporting technology & shields, where the deathstar doesnt. the borg drones would just invade the deathstar and kill everyone on board.

plus, the deathstar is pretty weak except for its huge 'planet destroying laser', which i doubt can be used against a moving borg cube.

death star would 1 shot the cube of weaksauce. Vader will kill every borge with the force.

Death star because the Cube is a dumb ****ing name.

If some wussy rebel fighters could take out the death star I'm sure the borg would be able to.

Deathstar has lasers.

Lasers are laughable in the star trek world.

It's like asking what would win in a fight the ss great britain or a modern anti ship missile armed destroyer.

But borg is only immune on the second shot right? The cube would be blown to jesus on the first hit, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Why would you think the death star can't aim its laser other than moving the whole thing? It fires 8 lasers to a single point. Perhaps it just uses lightwave interference to aim.

I can`t imagine the star moving around like a golf ball having a spasm to aim at the cube tbh.

They all have the same hyper warp bullshit :/

If the laser is big and powerful enough to one shot a planet. . i don't think you actually have to aim it. . just kind of point.

I voted Deathstar based on the fact that the one-shot laser would destroy the cube.

This would only be true if the deathstar can infact target incredibly agile objects, and the cube is not already immune to the giant one-shot laser.

I'd say constraint number one is a bigger factor, because immunity to a planet destroying laser seems unlikely, even for the borgs.

I have carefully considered both sides pros and cons. After much point, counter point, I have determined that one of the two will come out the victor.

The death star was made a long long time ago. It's ancient. The borgs though, they're from the mother****ing future. Theres no way they'd lose.

The death star was made a long long time ago. It's ancient. The borgs though, they're from the mother****ing future. Theres no way they'd lose.

Awesome logic. The Pyramids at Giza are much more recent than the Death Star too... and it'd still blow the **** out of them.

n597805621_52029_2957.jpg

Awesome logic. The Pyramids at Giza are much more recent than the Death Star too... and it'd still blow the **** out of them.
Maybe your pussy pyramids.

And those are really old. The borg are from the future. Clearly a defining difference.

Quantum torpedoes can blow up a borg cube.

The Death Star blows up planets... hm...

Right.

Now, if this is deathstar I, I'm voting cube. That thing couldnt target anything smaller than a moon with its super laser for toffie. And after the first shot its turbo laser batteries would be useless, as would the laser cannons of the TIE/In fighters stationed abord. While it could toast the cube with the super laser, it is unlikly to hit it. However, the effects of SW Ion cannons on the borg are unknown, so the 2500 mounted on deathstar I might be able to disable the cube long enough to bring the SL to bear and toast it. But, this is an unknown factor and so cannont be relied upon

If however, it were Deathstar II, I'd go with that. The targeting systems allow the SL to target a capital ship with ease (ie anything from a corvette to a super star destroyer, which I'm sure the cube falls into from my recollection of it). In addition it has the powerful planet side shield array, another substantial adavntage (assuming the battle were to take place over Endor). As only one shot is required to toast said cube, the infamous adaptability of the borg is irrelevent. Death Star II wins (even without its shiled, those cyborgs are toast).

In addition, there is one other incarnation of the Death Star I'm aware of, the original prototype stationed at the Maw installation which was somewhat smaller than Death Star I, possessed even worse targeting systems than the I and lacked any other kind of armament, and more than enough firepower to dispose of a capital ship. This would lose, in my opinion.

And anyway, the Death Star (in any of its incarnations) is not, by a long way, the most powerful weapons platform in Star Wars.

Now, onto the problem that has pluaged mankind for so many years: Who would win in a war between the Clangers and the Wombles? :p

Back