Brief statement regarding investigation from Gabe Newell

Is the AIM question be: Will you go out with me?

Circle YES or NO

Does Denmark have like, laws or anything? Or are they a bunch of nomadic tribesmen? Are Valve going to be able to pursue legal action against this person or not?

Originally posted by Apos
Does Denmark have like, laws or anything? Or are they a bunch of nomadic tribesmen? Are Valve going to be able to pursue legal action against this person or not?

There has to be something regarding the legalities of internet/computer laws that allows proseuction to individuals regardless of location. I'm sure the government has run into this problem before; they most likely rectified such a flaw in the codes and mandates a while back regarding this.

EDIT: Since Valve is a private company and not the state, this may be a whole different situation. Perhaps the FBI's involvement though will allow more options.

You forgot to quote the editorial ...

"Personally, I find the article hard to believe it's from Gabe Newell because of the grammer in the statement. Perhaps I'm skeptical again and only want Valve to release a statement from Valve and not another news agency."

I'm going to have to agree with that myself.

Originally posted by Solus
You forgot to quote the editorial ...

"Personally, I find the article hard to believe it's from Gabe Newell because of the grammer in the statement. Perhaps I'm skeptical again and only want Valve to release a statement from Valve and not another news agency."

I'm going to have to agree with that myself.

Yeah what was it someone from Valve said about PHL? That their reporting was the game community equivalent of FOX News? LOL. I swear, Fragmaster will post anything.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Yeah what was it someone from Valve said about PHL? That their reporting was the game community equivalent of FOX News? LOL. I swear, Fragmaster will post anything.

umm... PHL didn't post this stupid story... it's fake

man i cant wait till he gets caught... will it be on the news? like the real news... not gaming channels

Originally posted by XtAkm4p
man i cant wait till he gets caught... will it be on the news? like the real news... not gaming channels

They'll do a COPS like feature where Gabe is chasing him through the steets with a crowbar in one hand.

oh hey wait a minute, arent you the guy who did that stupid "steam is going to download a week before september 30th" thing that PHL never posted because it wasnt true? youre not exactly one to diss PHL's news reporting when you yourself believed and provided bad information

wtf is with the fragmaster obsession on these forums anyway you never see their forums worry about other hl webmasters jesus

They'll do a COPS like feature where Gabe is chasing him through the steets with a crowbar in one hand.

LMFAO - then when the cops capture the hacker, Gabe smashes the guy right in the face with the crowbar and goes for a second hit but the cops stop him and he gets sent to jail - halflife2 will then be delayed till he gets out of jail.

Circle YES or NO

HAHAHAHAH omg dude, when i read that it totally brings me back to 2nd grade. its funny how everyone does the same thing when we are young.

Originally posted by slapdragon
oh hey wait a minute, arent you the guy who did that stupid "steam is going to download a week before september 30th" thing that PHL never posted because it wasnt true? youre not exactly one to diss PHL's news reporting when you yourself believed and provided bad information

wtf is with the fragmaster obsession on these forums anyway you never see their forums worry about other hl webmasters jesus

My comment about Fragmaster was in reference to a statement that a Valve employee made. I wasn't attacking him.

And just to show I'm a good sport, here's what Valve Software's "Community & Developer Liaison," Chris Bokitch, had to say about me in this thread: Fragmaster is so eloquent. I don't like to talk bad about other websites, especially ones claiming to be fan sites, but PHL is really becoming the Fox News of the gaming news scene.

If you don't believe me below is a link to the thread where Bokitch made that statement.

http://www.chatbear.com/board.plm?a=viewthread&t=823,1065133633,20336&id=541461&b=3840&v=flatold

As far as your accusation hurled at me about posting misinformation...may I remind you that I was never given a date by anyone at Valve as to when the game would be released via Steam...only that their plan was to upload the game a week before it was to be released. I made this abundantly clear in multiple posts not only in that thread but many others.

Originally posted by slapdragon

actually he said "one week before the game is released", he never said "one week before september 30th".

Originally posted by Xtasy0
actually he said "one week before the game is released", he never said "one week before september 30th".

Thx for backing me up on that Xtasy

This is good news, one step closer to getting that no life loser that did it.

A reinactment of Gabe chasing him with a crowbar would be funny :)

Well lets hope this doesnt interfere with the game process, i think another countries laws might not be able to interfere with another country... i worded that funny, but you know what i mean.

good to know they've got a location narrowed down

its only a matter of time now

RELEASE THE HEADCRABS!!!!!!!

I just hope Valve are letting the authorities do most of the leg work and that they are concentratiing on getting what they need to get done with HL2. IM pretty sure they are but you never know....

Originally posted by NFi
I just hope Valve are letting the authorities do most of the leg work and that they are concentratiing on getting what they need to get done with HL2. IM pretty sure they are but you never know....

Gabe: "It's time to take matters into our own hands."

Fed: "But sir, you're highly un-qualified for this sort of....what the hell is that? Oh my god!!!"

Gabe:"Muwhahahahaha!!! The thief will be ours!!!"

Gabe: "It's time to take matters into our own hands."

Fed: "But sir, you're highly un-qualified for this sort of....what the hell is that? Oh my god!!!"

Gabe:"Muwhahahahaha!!! The thief will be ours!!!"

gabe holds "THE BUTTON" in his hands

he presses it and goes Hiroshima on Denmarks ass

Fed: "uhh, we made a mistake, he's actually in england"

Gabe: "ohhh sh*t"

Originally posted by burnzie
gabe holds "THE BUTTON" in his hands

he presses it and goes Hiroshima on Denmarks ass

Fed: "uhh, we made a mistake, he's actually in england"

Gabe: "ohhh sh*t"

Fed: dont sweat it, we didnt need Denmark anyway.

Gabe: "lets bomb england!"

Pizzahut pizza delivery boy: "Mr. N your large with xtra pepperoni is here."

Gabe: "NO TIME FOR THAT NOW, QUICK to the gabemobile!..."

*gabe snaps back into the room and picks up a slice... then another...*

Gabe:"well maybe one.. ah to hell with it, SODABOY!!! where is my soda lackey?"

Fed: "what about England?"

Gabe:"I doubt he got that far.. never a good ***pepsi*** around when you need one"

the original information they are reffering to is dated 7th OCT!!!

so where is the gabe' s announcement within 24-48 hours?

Did he comment on how spitcodfry is a backstabing thief?

no, but he did say that your dad is a one legged kickboxer, and that your mom has one leg shorter than the other, and when she tries to walk, she keeps going in circles.

he anounced just minutes before his statement that it has been pushed back to holidays 2003

Originally posted by Koldfire
Did he comment on how spitcodfry is a backstabing thief?

he mentioned you arent allowed to get hl2 since youre a moron

i have no idea about the laws in denmark, but at least that means theres a chance for something to happen...

persoanlly spit, i dont think valve can really do anything if the hacker is over in Denmark. I hate to say it but, valve cant do shit, unless a miracle happens

I won't believe it until we hear from Vavle. It's amazing how far some websites will go for attention.

Originally posted by Wilson502
persoanlly spit, i dont think valve can really do anything if the hacker is over in Denmark. I hate to say it but, valve cant do shit, unless a miracle happens

I think Denmark has laws against hacking too. I know you yanks think your the centre of the universe, but not everyone outside your continent is as backwards as you believe.

Originally posted by darkmistx
I think Denmark has laws against hacking too. I know you yanks think your the centre of the universe, but not everyone outside your continent is as backwards as you believe.

Here Here, ......Bloody yanks

I think the N master is waiting till they are absolutely sure about this b4 making any official statements.

I'm Danish, and yes, our laws are just fine when it comes to prosecuting hackers. On top of that, we have what is probably the toughest governmental anti-piracy organization in the world. For a while there were no LAN events held in Denmark at all, because the Anti-Piracy Group would show up and tear everybody's computers apart looking for anything from MP3s to leaked HL2 source and unregistrered shareware.

Having said all that, I'm sure this is a fake. xplayn.com is a Danish website that never had a problem with posting rumors as real news and this wasn't even posted by them, just by someone on their forum. And... I'm sure Valve wouldn't be stupid enough to tell us if they knew where the hacker was hacking from. This would give him the perfect excuse to go on a long vacation and it doesn't really fit with Valve's "don't tell anybody anything" policy. :)

Also, if this guy is not a total newbie hacker, I'm sure he hasn't hacked into Valve without using a bizillion hacked computers as gateways. If he can hack Valve, he must have been able to hack other people too.

Originally posted by Wilson502

Hey, like Todd Hollenshead of id Software said:

"My focus would be on doing the thing that's going to make the game great: Focus on finishing it. ... The risk is they find out who did it and [the hacker is] a resident of Russia. Then there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Ultimately, we're in the business of making games, not chasing hackers."

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11665

I am not sure who they were quoting, but it wasn't me.

It has little to do with reality as the "they only stole a third of the source code" statement.

Back