Bring back the old image button

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
This thing is so ****ing awful.

First, why the option to upload files locally? What a waste of my time when I click this button.

HL2.net should not bother wasting bandwidth offering to upload images for you. Nobody had a problem with linking offsite before. Most good people would rehost anyway.

And then, to be even more annoying, by default the 'rehost locally' checkbox is checked even when I have a ****ing URL I want to use. WHY. GO AWAY. I DON'T WANT TO USE ATTACHMENTS. NOBODY WANTS TO.

Please give me the simple ****ing ability to hit the button, ctrl v, and hit enter, like before. So god damn simple and easy.

And another ****ing thing. Why the **** does it have to show the image in full size in the ****ing post edit box? IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE CONVENIENT? IT'S ****ING AWFUL AND A NIGHTMARE. Please let me see the image code, so I can easily ****ing work with it. And not only that, I just tried to do a huge post by avoiding working with the god awful image button by manually typing the tags, and for some unknown reason, the tags didn't parse at all. Great. So I can't even do the shit manually. I'm forced to use this awful system, the creator of which I hope dies in a fire while being eaten by scorpions.

And one more topping on the shit cake, who ****ed with the post-box resizing? I used to be able to use chrome's native feature to drag out the size of multi-line text boxes, such as quick reply and anything else. But now there's some built in handle that totally bugs the **** out when I try to resize it. And not only that, there USED to be these nice little arrow buttons that you could push to make the box bigger or smaller. WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS? IT WORKED FINE IN CHROME, WHY DID IT TRY TO DO ITS OWN STUPID THING.

So in closing, please just put the image button back the way it was, stop showing images as images in the post box, get rid of the textbox resizing handle, and add those buttons back in if possible.

Its also really slow to load. I click the button and it takes like 2-3 seconds before I can even paste the link. Should probably be the same with video tags. It doesn't even need a pop-up, just wrap the tags around whatever is highlighted, like it does with the buttons for bold, italics and underline.

Totally agreed on the new image pop-up system thing but some things I've found:
Just go to your general settings and under general settings -> misc options set your editor to the standard editor. This will stop images from showing up in the editor.
You can also remove attachments you accidentally add in your settings.

Yeah Dinnesch told me about disabling the images popping up. Thanks.

I've always just re-hosted an image and manually put tags around a direct link to it. Easiest and quickest way for me.

Never had a problem with parsing or anything. ¯\(º_o)/¯

I assume that the changes occurred because we updated vBulletin versions recently, and what may have been implemented before by modifications has now become incompatible with the new vB code, which in turn has just taken over. I'll poke Munro with a sharp stick and see what can be done.

Is anyone else using Chrome experiencing what I said about resizing the post box?

Also thanks Yori.

I can resize the post-box by just grabbing the bottom-right corner and dragging. Using Chrome 12.0.742.122.

Maybe it's because I'm using Chrome Beta.

I figured it was because of Chrome's built in resizing ability conflicting with the one VB4 added.

Does FireFox have a similar feature? If so, I say just take out VB's. But if it's only a problem for Chrome beta users, I would be happy just having those 2 buttons that make the box bigger and smaller.

Somewhat relevant....maybe. But anyway, before I used to be able to highlight links and click the IMG button and the tags would surround the link. Now, whenever I do that it just shoots the IMG tags to the very start of the post. Happens with videos, quotes, etc. Does this happen to anyone else?

Back