Brink Previews

Look at the top post of this page of the thread.

Really can't wait for this, I still have both the 360 and PC version pre-ordered though, so hard to decide.

But I guess if I can get it for PC I should.

I'm getting it for PC. Apparently they're supporting the mod community, so that sold me on the game.

"Apparently" they were going to support mods for Black Ops, too.

I'll wait and see how well optimized it is. No FOV option, no purchase. :frown:

This shooter whore is getting more psyched the more gameplay he sees... can't wait until my pre-prder can start pre...loading!

I want to see some PC gameplay before I commit to buying this.

Looks excellent, not far now.

Though, I am quite sad that I'm gonna miss out on playing with the friends I have from here since I decided not to get a new PC now either but will have to take solace in playing with my Swedish friends on the 360 instead.:(

I couldn't resist and pre ordered it from D2D. I really like the team oriented and objective based nature of the game. It's on sale at D2D. With 15% off coupon it ends up costing you only $38.
I jumped on it.

It looks so simple... yet they've taken so long to make it so it's probably really refined. Refined simplicity it usually a good thing in games... but do I really want another class multiplayer shooter? I don't think I want one for $50...

Don't have the cash after buying Killzone 3 and preordering LA Noire.. maybe later.

Pre-ordered this last night. Went with a PC copy, but after watching a few more of the gameplay trailers, I'm half tempted to go with 360 instead, purely because it looks like more of a console shooter and I'm scared it'll be a piss poor port :(

Are there any PC gameplay videos for this? Any PC reviews? Or are Bethesda not allowing reviews until the game has shipped?

Just bought this on D2D last night for $40. Here's to hoping it wont be awful.

Are there any PC gameplay videos for this? Any PC reviews? Or are Bethesda not allowing reviews until the game has shipped?

No reviews til after release. Which really pisses me off, why the **** does every game now embargo reviews til the day of, or after release? It makes no sense...the people who would end up preordering your game are the hardcore who actually care about reviews. Anyway I went ahead and preordered it because they track record these guys have is pretty exceptional for mp shooters. Hell wolfenstein enemy territory is still being played (and with a metacritic of 90), so they must be doing something right..

There's a very good reason they don't do it actually. If reviewers were to get the game and write negative things about it, fewer people would buy it.

Even portal 2 didn't have reviews posted up, before release day...which nows has a metacritic score of what 94? 95? Come on, plenty of games have allowed people to post reviews before release. Hell killzone 2 let people post their reviews 2 weeks before release because they were confident with it. Plenty of games in the past did this but for some reason now though everything is embargoed to a day one release, which I hate. The reasoning that they don't allow it because reviewers might write something negative is basically accusing them of not having confidence in the product. Besides scores matter little in terms of general sales, it only matters to the people who actually read these sites.

The reasoning that they don't allow it because reviewers might write something negative is basically accusing them of not having confidence in the product.

Exactly. If they don't let them release reviews it makes me think they've got something to hide. For example that UI (the big selection wheel) I really hope that's not in the PC version 'cause it'd be horrible to use. It works great for consoles, but not for PC.

I am interested in the game, I just want to know if it's a good PC game or a bad console port. :(

Screenshot of the PC HUD:
davidblog1b.jpg

It looks much cleaner to me. I do hope the selection wheels aren't in the PC version either.

that UI (the big selection wheel) I really hope that's not in the PC version 'cause it'd be horrible to use. It works great for consoles, but not for PC.

I am interested in the game, I just want to know if it's a good PC game or a bad console port. :(
I'm kinda concerned about the UI myself now that you mention it, but these guys have their roots in pc gaming so hopefully they made the correct adjustments.

As per usual, console copies break the street release date. So any footage you see between now and the game's official release is a bot match on a console copy of the game. Even though all the recent videos are just console bot matches, it looks really, really good... I'm seriously pumped for this game.

o gad I haven't been hyped for something in so long

a potential good competitive FPS with more depth than cull of dooty???!! oh gad.

Don't let me get too psyched, that'll just make me find a reason to hate. **** it, it's going to be awesome. SMART is the kind of system I've wanted to see in competitive FPS since I perfected things like crouch jumping, rocket jumping, quick/sprint scoping, bunny hopping (yes still possible in all Source games), wall jumping / combos (UT series) double jumps, etc. Here's to hoping it's cooked enough in QA to be as amazing as it looks!

Dont know if you guys browse neogaf but there is alot of streams up right now being posted in that thread. Overall it looks good.

No reviews til after release. Which really pisses me off, why the **** does every game now embargo reviews til the day of, or after release? It makes no sense...the people who would end up preordering your game are the hardcore who actually care about reviews. Anyway I went ahead and preordered it because they track record these guys have is pretty exceptional for mp shooters. Hell wolfenstein enemy territory is still being played (and with a metacritic of 90), so they must be doing something right..

You just answered your question by preordering, you went with pedigree with no other information but hype trailers and carefully staged gameplay

You just answered your question by preordering, you went with pedigree with no other information but hype trailers and carefully staged gameplay
I'm not talking about just this game, I'm talking about nearly every major hit released in the last year. Starcraft 2. Dead Space 2. Portal 2. Mortal Kombat. Why even bother embargoing the reviews of these games to the date of release?

Aww, that YouTube vid got taken down.:(

Oh well, just a few more days.

I hope the 360 version gets a decently sized community going so that I get some people to play online with.

Back