Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jezeera

I'm interested to hear what you think the purpose of the war in Iraq was. Oil? Or just simply random conquest.. this goes for all of you.

ComradeBadger said:
I'm interested to hear what you think the purpose of the war in Iraq was. Oil? Or just simply random conquest.. this goes for all of you.

there is no simple answer ...but it's all contained

here

here

and here

this video summarizes it but be warned ..do not discuss anything from the video unless you've read all 3 documents posted above. The last document is 90 pages long ..I've read it cover to cover so you wont fool me :)

ComradeBadger said:

A stronger foothold in the Middle East seems likely. It would help if there was a clear and credible rationale for the war instead of "DURR WE NEED TO ACCOMPLISH THE MISSION".

ComradeBadger said:

Theres economical intrests, both to the adminministration, and to the wider group of US freindly Corperations.
Its also of strategic importance, a good foothold in the middle east.

ComradeBadger said:

Id say its pretty much summarized by the 'New American Century' article in Stern's post. Simply put, the more of the world that the US can turn over to free-market capitalism, the more US companies can profit (at the expense of others, I might add, but that belongs to another debate).

gick said:
Id say its pretty much summarized by the 'New American Century' article in Stern's post. Simply put, the more of the world that the US can turn over to free-market capitalism, the more US companies can profit (at the expense of others, I might add, but that belongs to another debate).

Quoted for Shens :x

if only someone would invent "Insurgent seeking" weapons...bombs that only kill/incapacitate insurgents

I wish we would get the hell out of Iraq so the Sunni and Shi'ites can go back to wiping themselves out,as it seems to be their favorite hobby...

maybe whoever won out of that would be less likely to hijack planes and suicide bomb civilian establishments..fingers crossed!!

T.H.C.138 said:
if only someone would invent "Insurgent seeking" weapons...bombs that only kill/incapacitate insurgents

I wish we would get the hell out of Iraq so the Sunni and Shi'ites can go back to wiping themselves out,as it seems to be their favorite hobby...

maybe whoever won out of that would be less likely to hijack planes and suicide bomb civilian establishments..fingers crossed!!

so Osama is iraqi?

... and I guess the previous intelligence regarding the so-called "fact" that most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia was also faulty.

dont know why I'm posting this, but it's somewhat relevent:

"Bart, having sex on prom night is as American as our fifty-first state, Saudi Israelia!"

Saudi Israelia, Saudi Israelia
Stronger, more potent than even Australia

Writers for Simpsons doth dreamt up that quip
Unconscious no doubt, a great Freudian slip

Accurate too, long allies in secret
Cartoonish veracity which they won’t admit

True character of twin theocracies
A perfect alliance, they match to a tee

Taliban to the left and the right of us too
Fundies each one, Muslim and Jew

(Let us not forget Christians, they’re in on the game
“The devil is secular” they wail and complain)

Tel Aviv and Riyadh, then on to DC
Mono-theocracies fill them with glee

A figment you say, for laughs that are cheap?
Sorry to say folks, read ‘em and weep

Published then perished years ago in Beirut
Documents surfaced their content acute

Light verdant was flashed from the House of Sa’ud
Straight to Spring Hill (the Arabs got screwed)

Avaunt! said old Faisal, Just go right ahead!
Take Gaza! The West Bank! Fill Nasser with dread!

Diversion secures the oil trove for me
As well as my family (and also DC)

You get the land and we get the oil
Progressive forces thus completely embroiled

Those Palestinians? A troublesome crew
Leftist and secular, they must be subdued

Printed quite plainly in black and in white
Wahhabis gave Israel an eager green light

Just for one day published there in full view
The next day – poof! - gone, the subject taboo

But we all understood then the hand in the glove
Israelis and Saudis share a deep, secret love

How sweetly Abdullah holds hands with the prez
(Arik wished he were there to add his caress)

Tripartite alliance of monotheists
Beating back justice with their iron fists

A cartoon on Fox, ironic forsooth!
Bart’s prescient prom date has blurted the truth

http://www.stateofnature.org/saudiIsraelia.html

Then it would also be fair to hope that the insurgents would develop a coalition-seeking missile, would it not?
This so-called "hobby" only started after the US invaded and made a wasteland of their country and society.
There were no Iraqi`s on any of the 911 flights.

Clueless, utterly clueless.

Back