CAPCOM REVEALS SHIP DATE FOR RESIDENT EVIL 5 FOR THE PC

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
CAPCOM REVEALS SHIP DATE FOR RESIDENT EVIL 5 FOR THE PC

A Whole New Dimension of Horror Comes to PC Fans

Capcom is pleased to announce that Resident Evil 5 for the PC will release on September 15, 2009 in North America and September 18 th in Europe. PC gamers will get the ultimate Resident Evil package in the new PC version as new features will include NVIDIA®’s new GeForce® 3D Vision technology (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately), new costumes and a new and improved mercenaries mode with three times as many enemies.

Fans that pick up the PC version will be the first to experience stereoscopic 3D out of screen effects as their living rooms are transformed into the world of Kijuju. Infected Majini coming at players from every angle, dust flying in and out of screen and the scariest bosses to date are taken up a notch . Resident Evil 5 PC is a whole new level of fear players will never forget. The game also supports Stereoscopic 3D in all of its cut scenes – an industry first.

These groundbreaking stereoscopic 3D effects were developed in close cooperation with NVIDIA, which is why the game is part of NVIDIA’s “The Way It’s Meant To Be Played” partnership program. Resident Evil fans can check out the 3D action for themselves today as a new stereo 3D tech demo with benchmark is available to download today on NVIDIA’s official site at http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_re5_downloads.html . To find out more info on NVIDIA’s GeForce 3D V ision technology, click on the link here, http://www.nvidia.com/3dvision/ .

If you can ’ t get enough of RE5 for the PC, it will be making its public debut at Comicon 2009 in Booth #5133 in full 3D . It will also be shown to thousands of gamers at this year ’ s Penny Arcade Expo in the Fall. More details on the game will be hitting in the upcoming months

I cant wait :)

Finally some good news for the PC. Will ATI users be able to use the new stereoscopic 3D effects?

Cool.
If it's as awesome a port as Resident Evil 4 was then I can't wait!* :D

*not

there's no way i'm getting it - benchmark tool shows how dumb ai is

Never been a good RE on the PC, not about to give this one a chance

And here's me about to go out and buy a PS3 to play the damn thing.

ONLY CAPITAL LETTERS CAN EXPRESS THE EXCITEMENT IN THE THREAD TITLE.

The only RE I ever played was RE4 on pc, and it was completely unplayable because of the impossible controls. Hopefully this one will be better.

Finally some good news for the PC. Will ATI users be able to use the new stereoscopic 3D effects?
Seeing as it's exclusive and uses a certain hardware and software exclusive to nVidia, I doubt it.:)

Anyway, I wonder if this is worth getting for those that already have RE5 on a different platform hmm.

Great, more money I need to spend.

I loved stereoscopic 3D the first time I saw it with an ASUS card back when they had their own drivers for everything. The only problem was the hit-or-miss support. If Capcom is going out of their way to support it here (including the cutscenes -- That's crazy!!!) then I might be interested in picking up new equipment. Other developers (Especially you Valve!) ought to follow suit.

Holy zombie Christ.

I guess I'll be picking up a nice Nvidia card and around September. If the 3D effect gets good marks, and other games plan to use them, I'll get the 3D glasses too.

The only RE I ever played was RE4 on pc, and it was completely unplayable because of the impossible controls. Hopefully this one will be better.

Just get an analog controller (like the 360 game pad) and it controls perfect.

RE5 is great fun in co-op, but completely broken in single player. Get a mate to play the game with from start to finish and it'll be money well spent. It's not worth playing in single, though.

Oh, get a decent pad to play it with!

Just to remind you guy's that Capcom were not the ones who ported RE4 to the PC a smaller unknown studio at Ubisoft did. Capcom themselves are porting this and their ports of late have been really good supporting additional features such as DX10 so i have high hopes for this.

I just tried the PC benchmark utility and it seems very well optimised.

I was averaging around 50-62 fps on all High @ 1920 x 1200 (No AA) with my 8800gts 512 and q6600 @ 2.4ghz.

I've heard this game makes pretty good use of quad core CPUs.

RE5 is great fun in co-op, but completely broken in single player.

It's not worth playing in single, though.
Don't think it would be killer to play it in 3D? That sucks. Never mind then.

I'd like to see the new Castlevania on the PC in 3D. But that's a long shot.

The lack of mouse support is unforgivable.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Of course, I'm fine with playing 3rd person games on a controller, so it didn't bother me.

Don't think it would be killer to play it in 3D? That sucks. Never mind then.

I'd like to see the new Castlevania on the PC in 3D. But that's a long shot.

I'm all for 3d - movies, games, whatever. 3d is all good :)

Imagine the rotting zombie lunging out of the screen at you. Holy **** sounds cool. I hope to hear good things about this.

RE5 is great fun in co-op, but completely broken in single player. Get a mate to play the game with from start to finish and it'll be money well spent. It's not worth playing in single, though.

Oh, get a decent pad to play it with!
Actually, I played it in pretty much SP 90% of the time, and had great fun with it, so you are a liar! LIAR!!!!

Also, FYI VirusType2, there are already several games that use the 3D technology for nVidia, as well as several upcoming that will, check out their official site for a full list.

Just get an analog controller (like the 360 game pad) and it controls perfect.

I tried it, but it didn't really improve the playability

I really don't see why Capcom didn't just use the controls which had been standardized for a long time.

Just tried the official RE5 benchmark Capcom released, doesn't like my comp much.

I tried it, but it didn't really improve the playability

I really don't see why Capcom didn't just use the controls which had been standardized for a long time.

I'm not sure what you mean. The controls are exactly like any dual analog gamepad (like the gamecube) and you can even choose from several configurations in the options.

You can even use a Gamecube or PS 1 or 2 controller for the game if you have a PC adapter. The rumble even works on the 360 pad.

I liked playing RE4 when it came out, because its game design was pretty innovative.

However, from what i've seen and heard, RE5 does look pretty lack luster, so I can't be too excited about the news.

Give it a chance - the co-op makes the game.

I hate this thread, because everytime I'm browsing the Off-Topic Forums section the first thing I see under Last Post for General Gaming is "CAPCOM REVEALS--" and I'm thinking it's going to be "CAPCOM REVEALS THE 5 NEW CHARACTERS IN TvC" and I am disappoint.

All Resident Evil games after 2 were smalltime.

I hate this thread, because everytime I'm browsing the Off-Topic Forums section the first thing I see under Last Post for General Gaming is "CAPCOM REVEALS--" and I'm thinking it's going to be "CAPCOM REVEALS THE 5 NEW CHARACTERS IN TvC" and I am disappoint.

sorry

Wrong wrong wrong WRONG.

3 was great because it had Nemesis, not to mention Carlos. Code Veronica was good, even if it had Steve Burnside, and the Ashfords.

Viperidae said:
Capcom reveals new SF4 character: Dark Heart.

WTF Capcom Dark Heart is so broken

Red Cloud Thunder ultra does 2/3 damage and is invincible on startup

Sliver said:

Nemesis was smalltime.

I was almost going to edit my post to say "All REs after Code Veronica are smalltime," but then I would've had to include 3.

Back