Care Bears

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Per Munro's recommendation... this is a discussion about Care Bears.

Why such a huge emphasis on the phrase care bears on the internet in online gaming?

Are you a care bear?

This isn't a serious thread, but I'm sure you could make it into one if you tried.

Just made it because I saw Munros comment in the salvia thread.

I WAS ABOUT TO ****ING MAKE THIS THREAD.

Oh dear lord. Care Bear Cousins are better :<

Bugger! I was going to do this half an hour ago... but I went for lunch...

So I planned to do it when I came back...

Damn you, Razzy!

Surprisingly, I have never 'seen' 'care bears'. I have friends who 'watch' them, and some who even make a profit off them, but the incentive to 'watch' them just isn't there. I'm sure it's a very fun 'show', but it's just not my thing.

Amazing how this is the product of a single open ended weakness, in one of Munro's posts.

I don't know why people subject themselves to Care Bears willingly. Really, you have to be out of your mind to..umm..want to be out of your mind. It's just an expensive and worthless way to waste time IMO.

Amazing how this is the product of a single open ended weakness, in one of Munro's posts.
We are all l33t /-\4xx0rs here at HL2.net. Always on the lookout for exploits.

If it's any consolation, I was actually talking about Care bears.

The only Care Bear I recall watching and enjoying was the one from The Ultimate Showdown.

If you don't know what this is, PM me and I'll mock you after giving you a wedgie, poor uninitiated cretin.

Oh God the ultimate showdown. Me and my mate can recite that word for word. Then again, who can't?

My good friend Darkseid is going to find you.

And end you.

Oh God the ultimate showdown. Me and my mate can recite that word for word. Then again, who can't?

/me starts singing it in his head...

Argh! It won't leave!! :angry:

Whenever someone mentions care bears I invariably think of gummi bears instead. Mmmm, gummi bears.

So, anyone ever tried snorting them?

Care Bear Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1
Who's that comin' from somewhere up in the sky?
Moving fast and bright as a firefly
Just when you think the trouble's gonna pounce
Who's gonna be there when it really counts?
Do the Care Bear Countdown
And send a wish out through the air
Just do the Care Bear Countdown
When you need them they'll be there
Don't be afraid when trouble's brewin' in your heart
If you can dream just send a wish out in the dark
And do the Care Bear's Countdown 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QRG8NNqqeqE

meterreadervw7.png

Howdy.

So, to address the original point of this thread, Care Bear as a gaming term for anyone who doesn't know is a person who doesn't like player vs. player combat. These are people in MMOs who spend their time on other, noncombative aspects of the game. They're also people who help out others, usually without gaining any benefit. To what Raz said, I don't think there's a huge emphasis on the word...it's just common vernacular. I rarely hear it--but then, I don't play MMOs regularly.

Anyway, back on the more interesting topic of actual Care Bears, have any of you seen any around lately?

Also, just as an unrelated aside, anybody have any heart's desires they want fulfilled? Things you want, problems that might need fixing, anything at all. This is helplife2.net isn't it? Well, my business is helping people. I'll give you whatever you want, don't be shy, just name it. A favor now for a favor later...

Hat said:
Whenever someone mentions care bears I invariably think of gummi bears instead
Bouncing here and there and everywhere, when you need a friend they'll be there?

I used to watch the show care bears. I was like, 6. Maybe 7.

I also watched My little Pony. I remember one really freaky episode with like a phoenix phantom, that took like three parts, and it turned out to be the most beautiful little pony ever.

And I watched gummi bears. And (the new adventures of) winnie the pooh. Winnie the pooh kicks so much ass.

My Little Pony was f*cked up. You remember the movie? That was some shit. Lickety Split didn't deserve that. When you think, "unicorns and magic ponies," you think of happy things like rainbows and flowers and shit. You don't think of ponies ganging up on a FOAL and f*cking berating the hell out of her.

"Showoff!"
"You've ruined everything!"
"I...I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to!"
"WELL YOU DID!"

F*ck the rest of them. Seriously. Lickety Split <3.

Also sorry Que, but you know whenever someone mentions Winnie the Pooh...

kessie1oj9.jpg

;(

I dont know why, but I thought this was relevant to this thread:

ben_frost_03.jpg

Everything is relevant to Bambi shitting out mini-bambis.

meterreadervw7.png

Howdy.

So, to address the original point of this thread, Care Bear as a gaming term for anyone who doesn't know is a person who doesn't like player vs. player combat. These are people in MMOs who spend their time on other, noncombative aspects of the game. They're also people who help out others, usually without gaining any benefit. To what Raz said, I don't think there's a huge emphasis on the word...it's just common vernacular. I rarely hear it--but then, I don't play MMOs regularly.

I'm quite familiar with the term Care Bear and what it means... and Care Bear Stare has become a phrase wildly popular in the PvP oriented mmorpgs I used to play, like shadowbane.

In those types of games, where PvP is mandatory pretty much, you often see the term used excessively when group a goes against group b that either sucks at fighting, tries to retreat, or doesn't want to fight.

The funny thing is, the guild I was in sort of embraced the care bear ideology in name and battle slogan only as humor. We were a good guild going against the evil guilds... and while we may not have been the best at PvP, we were certainly a powerhouse to deal with in the earlier days on our server in shadowbane, and PvPed allll the time.

Care Bears killed my family and raped me! **** you all. I'll raise you all one Hair Bear Bunch!

Hair_Bear_Bunch.jpg

Care Bears are evil. :devil: Their cuddly-wuddly and loving goodness on the outside betrays the rotten beasts they really are on the inside. :p

Care Bears killed my family and raped me! **** you all. I'll raise you all one Hair Bear Bunch!

Hair_Bear_Bunch.jpg

That used to come on in the morning. Old cartoons are boring, except for Tom and Jerry.

I think older (like, sixties, seventies, etc) cartoons don't appeal to me because every episode was the same. Like, scooby doo. I used to like it, until I realized every episode was the same. The gang is out getting stoned, when they meet some guy with a moustache, having problems with a "ghost" (zoinks) and needs their help. Blah blah blah, chase scene, they make a plan to catch him, scooby and shag screw it up, but they catch the baddie anyway, and it turns out to be some pedophile in a latex mask, trying to catch those pesky kids, and their dog, too. At least the music was good.

Then you have the scooby rip-offs (I actually ahve no idea which came first) like Josie and the Pussycats, and JabberJaw, etc. All the same. Plus, the Flintstones. I HATE HATE HATE the Flintstones. So boooring.

Oh, and even Tom and Jerry are getting old now. The different mutilations were hilarious, but by now I've seen all the ones they still show on TV.

The only scoobie doos i liked were the ones with the guest stars. Particularly batman and robin.

I also saw a newer scoobie doo over the holidays (i think it may have been a movie, because it was longer than a normal show) and it was pretty good actually.

We never had Care Bears over here (on TV anyway), but you cna actually get some Care Bear toys. I've got a really old Care Bear that I got when i was about two or something.

Darkside, I loved that Care Bear movie you recommended to me. It was amazing. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time...
Dark Heart's a prick.

It's awesome, isn't it? Honestly, I'm so close to declaring it my favorite movie of all time. If anyone in this thread hasn't watched Care Bears, or hasn't seen Care Bears in a long time, watch Care Bears II again. It's such a moving movie, especially when you're a older and can appreciate the depth of what's going on between the characters. It's very sweet--and the end is likely to have you in tears.

And Darkheart's magnificent. :p He's so hax; I went through the movie one time and tried categorizing his powers according to comic book standards (like on the Marvelwiki); holy jeez he's nigh-unstoppable. According to the movie there's basically nothing he can't do--he is a limitless villain.

If you send me Care Bears II via digital format, I'd watch it. Just because you suggested it.

I had to watch it on youtube... it was really confusing, since no one had all the parts of it up at any given time.

I know there's a few accounts that have all the parts, as well as all the other movies up. I already own all the movies though, except Care Bears in Wonderland, because it was only released in Australia. I'm gonna buy a region-free player.

Speaking of Care Bears in Wonderland, best Cheshire Cat ever. There are lots of interpretations on the Cheshire Cat; some are wacky, some are enigmatic, some are creepy, I've read one who was sensual and another that was downright murderous, but only this one has the jazz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phTdoHhurwY

Ever camped a carebear in an MMO? They won't fight back, they'll just stand there, emote at you, or run away. That's when you kill them again. And again and again and again. If you're lucky you'll get it to transform into a rabid carebear that tries to bite you... it can't hurt you because it sucks so much, of course, so that's when you just incapacitate them and leave. That way you get some surprise sex, err pvp, later when they find you and try to exact revenge, but you just turn around and slap them down like a little bitch. That, my friends, is satisfaction.

I was wasn't a nice WoW player.

Jesus Christ, that's one awesome Cheshire Cat

I'll get back to you when I've watched them all.

Back