Cars in Half-Life 2

Hmmm...you're right.
And the Shotgun is surely made of these cars' parts.

The car is called a Jalopy not shotgun , i'm assuming you got the name shotgun from the riding shotgun chapter , that was refering to alyx who was riding shotgun (in other words she was in the passanger seat).

Actually if you listen to Ep. 2's commentary then you'd know that the Jalopy was the name for the buggy-like vehicle early in Ep. 2's development(like the one in the early gameplay videos) that was eventually replaced with the muscle car, which is officially called the Hotrod.

Oh yeah. Now i look stupid. I guess i'v been paying too much attention to what Gmod says.

Edit : But it's still technically a jalopy , look jalopy up on wikipedia.

Well, all those nearly-complete cars around City 17 clearly don't run. Even if the Resistance could repair them... how do they get them to a garage? The only ones we've seen are way outside the city's borders, too far to push. Only the gravity gun can move them with any efficiency, and there's only one of those. So I guess they have to make do with whatever spare parts they can salvage.

Well, the HL2 games take place during their breeding season. They may be a bit more calm during most of the year. Remember what Grigs and Sheckly say? They usually won't be too agressive unless they think you're trying to mess with their grubs.

Wow, I never thought much of that. So outside of the breeding season they could be like "more tea, Mr. Freeman?"

I dont think so , they are just less violent outside of the breeding season but are still viscious.

I think what's even more unrealistic is that despite the fact that the Portal Storms and Seven Hour War presumably took place in the early 21st century, all the cars that were present at the time of the invasion seem to have been from the '60s, '70s, and '80s.
You have to remember in what area the HL2-universe is situated in. Namely a place based on Eastern Europe.

As for the antlions and "breeding season", I assume the whole "breeding season" makes them a lot more territorial and therefore a lot more agressive.

I assume that Antlions, when not in breeding season, would rarely force itself up thrugh the sand when a human walks on it's land, merely intimidate it until provoked, much like a lion whilst with it's cubs.

sometimes I got double post 'cos the forum gives me a warning that I "have to wait 90 sec" or something.
By the way,how I can delete the double post?This "delete" button never works.

uh... dont know. Maybe some other forums dude can help u out

Irregardless, Valve are doing a-okay in the vehicles department, and I could really care less about the cars realism.

Back