Cause and Effect Media

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I know what you may be thinking. 'Old news, zombie mod, lots of guns, rock and roll - they've got a great site but they've got no soul.' Cause and Effect is slightly different - a co-op oddessey to escape the dead city of Braxton with no HUD and only what you can scavenge from the locked shopfronts and warehouses of an urban landscape where total immersion and realism are key. The team are apparently aiming closer to the bleak staccato beat of loneliness and concentrated violence of 28 Days Later than the more traditional horde/mall/guns dynamic of the Romero flicks. This latest release shows off new media and says a fond farewell to Impackte. They're also looking for talented mappers, concept artists and especially coders - scope out the CAE website for more information, and be sure to check the media section for more goodies.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
[br]

Some really nice models there.
I'll keep an eye on this.

looks nice, the soldier has an ugly gasmask though.

-dodo

Cool soldier model, but why bother showcasing a stool?

The revolvers are made of marble

my friend is the co-runner of this mod (stigmata) and from what i've seen it looks pretty cool :p

Ennui said:
Cool soldier model, but why bother showcasing a stool?
Because the barstool is actually a highly sophisticated laser rifle with double Shens-cooling units and no less than eight EXTREME® gun barrels specifically designed to kick the living sh*t out of zombies. Also, it's got a 30 GB Video iPod :O

BTW check your PMs

Well, a map shot was meant to be included, but we decided to work some more on that. But the bookshelf and barstool will be used as props so we thought we'd just show them since we like them :)
Glad you like our material. Stay tuned this spring for more.

zapher said:
Well, a map shot was meant to be included, but we decided to work some more on that. But the bookshelf and barstool will be used as props so we thought we'd just show them since we like them :)
Glad you like our material. Stay tuned this spring for more.
No secret Shens laser rifle? D:

zapher said:
Perhaps. It can be arranged :p
Good! I'll start designing. Give me 10 minutes.

EDIT: Right, scanned.

OMG TOP SECRET

Presenting: The SLATE-B2!
Shens Laser Eight Barrel 2 (Cooling)

Really bad sketch:

slateb25fv.gif

So, we've got the eight barrels, the beam-like loading bay, the resupply-and-firing handle (in front) and the reload handle (back).
Four barrels are first filled with shotgun shells (Buckshens is preferred) , and turned to fire the first (with a firing mechanism inside the cavity created by the barrels but I was too lazy to draw that :|) shell.

Then, the back handle is pulled to the right or left, depending on the persons preference. Two shells are loaded in two barrels, and two new empty barrels are put in place. You can then fire or continue reloading. Firing is done with the small trigger in the back of the front handle with the thumb.

Really bad sketch of the loading mechanism:

slateb2loading6ez.gif

Now, to reload your ammo depot, consisting of 8 shells. While there are 10 in the drawing, my logic wasn't present at that time, so shut up.

The front handle is put upwards, so the (preferably empty) ammo depot falls out due to gravity. A new ammo depot can then be inserted from under, and the front handle is put back in its original position.

Pwnage can then proceed.

About those double Shens cooling units:

The entire weapon feels a bit rough. While not rough enough to hurt, it has a very odd surface. This is because of the miniature forms the molecules of the surface itself are formed.

The entire weapon is made of Shens Cooling Units (SCU), which is a special coating on Shens Cooling Units mainly consist of a material that is able to conduct heat very well. We call these materials SCU Matter, or SCUM.

The miniature forms vary from triangles, to Jelly-like tornadoes and much, much more. But the best form that conducts heat like no other is this one:

The Shens Form.

While it is still unknown why it conducts heat so well (Quantum physics are believed to play an important role), it has the privilege to give its name to this exquisite piece of weaponry.

Thank you all for coming and I'll see you next time.

I'd reccomend less grit on the pistols

Yeah, those revolvers aren't bad, but the skins are a bit whacked. Also, wtf is up with their grips? They're rather flat.
Actually, upon closer inspection, the revolvers aren't actually that great...

Beerdude26 said:
Because the barstool is actually a highly sophisticated laser rifle with double Shens-cooling units and no less than eight EXTREME® gun barrels specifically designed to kick the living sh*t out of zombies. Also, it's got a 30 GB Video iPod :O
jezus that sounds sooo cool ! :frown: !!

-dodo

Awww... and I thought we were going to be able to pick the stool up and bash some zombies :cheers:

I saw iron sights mentioned on the site, I'm in. I totally just dumped Killing Floor.

Yogibbear said:
Awww... and I thought we were going to be able to pick the stool up and bash some zombies :cheers:
Who says you won't be able to?

Forgive my retardedness in not knowing what the hell is going on here, but-

What IS this?- a school for ants? it needs to be at least.........3 times bigger.

Is this a completely new game, a HL2 add on pack, a HL2 mod/ expansion, help me out here people. I love horror games and anything that is close to that sort of thing. Am I supposed to know about this Cause & Effect thing already, sorry for living under a rock if I am. If I'm not supposed to know all about this- next time EXPLAIN it first!!!!!

RRRRAAAWWWWRRRRR!

lol.

Carry on. :)

Shasta said:
Forgive my retardedness in not knowing what the hell is going on here, but-

What IS this?- a school for ants? it needs to be at least.........3 times bigger.

Is this a completely new game, a HL2 add on pack, a HL2 mod/ expansion, help me out here people. I love horror games and anything that is close to that sort of thing. Am I supposed to know about this Cause & Effect thing already, sorry for living under a rock if I am. If I'm not supposed to know all about this- next time EXPLAIN it first!!!!!

RRRRAAAWWWWRRRRR!

lol.

Carry on. :)
Sorry, can't understand you. What needs to be 3 times bigger? If you're referring to the mod, we've been around quite a while, but we've basically started over less than a year ago. The team is basically core-only now, and we've optimised workflows a bit etc. Glad to see some enthusiasm about our genre, hope it will meet your expectations.

ZOOLANDER; hes talking about zoolander.

ne ways, awsome maglite, awsome, simply awsome. and nice displays. I agree on the handle for the revolver, but no one ever seens the handles anyways, so who cares.

awsome, rock on guys, looking great. next lets get some of this stuff ingame ;)

zapher said:
Sorry, can't understand you. What needs to be 3 times bigger? If you're referring to the mod, we've been around quite a while, but we've basically started over less than a year ago. The team is basically core-only now, and we've optimised workflows a bit etc. Glad to see some enthusiasm about our genre, hope it will meet your expectations.
I hope it will meet my expectations too, but please, for the love of Pete, don't keep me in suspense- WHAT IS IT? A mod/expansion for HL/HL2? A game that uses the HL2 source engine? A new stand-alone game that has absolutely nothing to do with HL, HL2 or it's engine at all? A new cereal bar? Please tell me, as I don't get out much.

PS- I can think of something that I would like to be 3 times bigger....

Shasta said:
Your brain? :O

Lol, just kidding :p

And it's a mod.
I think.
:p

Yeah, it's a mod! It's not a HL2 add-on by Valve or anything like that, it's a mod for HL2.
But it doesn't have anything to do with the HL2 universe, so you won't see stuff from HL2.

There. :p

Hasfhflajdlajdaljdaöljdajdljsfadasjkdjkadjkasjdajkdjsadjasjkdjkasdjkjkdasjkdjkasdkjasdjsajdsjkdjakdjkladjkasjdksajkdjkajdkasjkldljakdakld****sdäakdskkasdkyouasdaksdkasddöakdaall!

Shasta said:
I hope it will meet my expectations too, but please, for the love of Pete, don't keep me in suspense- WHAT IS IT? A mod/expansion for HL/HL2? A game that uses the HL2 source engine? A new stand-alone game that has absolutely nothing to do with HL, HL2 or it's engine at all? A new cereal bar? Please tell me, as I don't get out much.

Einstein, over here: http://cae.hl2files.com, maybe try the About section.

GAH, short bus fodder.

It's more of a total conversion, really. But meh, it's all semantics :p

The revolvers appear to be made as the same faux-marble as my kitchen counter, which while its highly scratch resistant and easily wipeable surface makes it suitable for food preperation I doubt it really makes for an effective pistol barrel.

The rest of the media is ace.

I tell a lie, there's something weird going on with that gas mask - either the canister is on the mask or a tube goes to an external canister - you appear to have a cannister on the mask and a tube going... where?

OMG sounds cool and those are some tasty models :D

Shasta said:

look_here.png

Back