Cheap Dell e-IPS in Ca/US

Reaction score
So I've been looking for a new monitor lately, specifically an IPS panel. Unfortunately, they're godly expensive. LG started manufacturing cheaper "e"-IPS panels, and some companies have been selling their monitors with them at pretty good prices. The Dell u2311h has been out since May of last year, but was sitting above $350 back then. No longer! Dell apparently isn't selling these things, because it's $100 off in Canada, and $40 off in the US. That's in addition to their current free shipping. Pretty good deal coming from Dell itself, for Canadians.

I just ordered one. Thought some of you might be interested. The deal in Canada ends on Tuesday, and the deal in the US ends a bit later.

Bought this exact monitor last month to use as my web/picture monitor. Excellent color reproduction for the price, but the AG coating is very strong. Not enough to make me return it though, but it's noticeably less sharp than my 24" TN panel. I find it funny that it's called an "ultrasharp".

That's interesting. None of the reviews/comments I've read on it have mentioned lack of sharpness. Does it hamper gaming or readability?

No, not really. I don't game on it, but sitting at my normal distance it doesn't bother me.

Back