China Gov on train accident: "in the face of great tragedy, there's great love"

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
China's effort to muzzle news of train crash sparks outcry

Government directives demanding journalists not question official accounts of a deadly high-speed train crash in eastern China are fueling public anger and suspicion about conflicting details of the accident, such as the death toll.

"The major theme for the Wenzhou bullet train case from now on will be known as 'in the face of great tragedy, there's great love'," the department said, according to a copy of the directives posted on a web site called the "ministry of truth", that regularly posts copies of government orders.

"Do not question, do not elaborate."

The department also told media not to "investigate the cause of the accident", and reminded journalists that "the word from the authorities is all-prevailing".

that's some nice propaganda there

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/25/us-china-train-censorship-idUSTRE76O1IG20110725

I like how they always claimed the Bullet Train was their idea when it was German engineered.

I like how the ministry of truth is anything but the ministry of ...truth

Hu?nyíng n? dào zh?ngguó.

that's some mighty nice foreign characters there Pi

Wait, is the Ministry of Truth its real name? Because that's directly from 1984. Seems a bit too good to be true.

To some people, 1984 reads like a manifesto of a better society.

But it's a bullet train, it's its job to hit stuff and explode!

Man they should hire me to write press releases.

As previously stated, China, go die in a fire. And stop stealing everything and recreating it into a watered down piece of shit.

Oh yes, propaganda directives. How very Chinese, lol.

What the hell is this?

A train crashed and people died but don't worry, everything's fine, no need to investigate it or anything.

It's fine really. Stuff's great, China's great.

The f*ck?

The more I think about it, the more it sounds like that train was crashed on purpose to get rid of someone.

The train was crashed to get rid of me! But the egg is on China's face because I escaped!

What the hell is this?

A train crashed and people died but don't worry, everything's fine, no need to investigate it or anything.

It's fine really. Stuff's great, China's great.

The f*ck?

Totalitarian governments just clamp down tighter and tighter until they squeeze all they have out of their own grip. I'd watch closely to see how long China takes to collapse in on itself.

Back