Chuck - The Best Show You Never Watched

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score
2efkcu8.jpg

The previous thread has next to no information and I desperately want this show to make it past its 4th season.
So here it goes.

You like Firefly? You'll love this.
You like spy movies? You'll love this.
You like video games, techtalk, and other nerdy things? You'll love this.

300bfir.jpg

New season starts tonight and airs on NBC in the USA.

Here's a list of all of the other stations that it airs on.

It's a one hour comedic spy thriller about Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi, “Less Than Perfect”) – a computer geek who is catapulted into a new career as the government’s most vital secret agent. When Chuck opens an e-mail subliminally encoded with government secrets, he unwittingly downloads an entire server of sensitive data into his brain. Now, the fate of the world lies in the unlikely hands of a guy who works at Buy More(a Best Buy parody). Instead of fighting computer viruses, he must fight assassins and international terrorists. With the government’s most precious secrets in Chuck’s head, Major John Casey (Adam Baldwin, “My Bodyguard, Firefly”) of the NSA assumes the responsibility of protecting him. His partner is the CIA’s top agent (and Chuck’s first date in years, well sort of) Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski, “Gone, Mass Effect 2(as Miranda)”).
6431w0.jpg

Also starring are his sister Ellie and Devon, whom are both doctors and his best friend Morgan Grimes who is also a fellow employee at the Buy More... along with the staff of the Buy More which consists of the manager Big Mike, the Nerd Herders Lester and Jeff, along with several other people who work the floor such as Morgan himself and Anna.
1zlqj5f.jpg

(Left to right: Casey, Sarah, Chuck, Ellie, Devon, and Morgan)
vzh26e.jpg

(Left to right: Morgan, Lester, Anna, Chuck, Jeff, and Big Mike)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0nJGRnobXE&feature=related

The show basically has a ton of nerd appeal and a ton of action, drama and all that good stuff.
It has so many references and great cameos and hilariously entertaining plots that it really never gets old.
I don't think I've loved a show this much since Firefly.

You can watch the first six episodes here.

In closing, watch this damn show.

I watched it. But my view don't matter to you guys over there in jesusland.
Dicks.

Saw the first episode a year or so ago. Thought it was OK...never seen any more. I'm still playing catch up on Lie To Me, Eureka, Kyle XY *I'm gay, I know.* and then this. That mixed with SC2 means I'm going to have NO LIFE!! AHHH

In closing, watch this damn show.

Sure, if they get rid of Chuck!

I remember watching maybe 2-3 episodes and the guy was just cringe worthy. It also doesn't help that I didn't find any of the other characters likable either...

You people don't know what you are talking about, this is a great show.

Had no idea it was already back, the season just ended a few months back. Thanks for the heads up. I think office is new this Thursday too.

Saw the first episode a year or so ago. Thought it was OK...never seen any more. I'm still playing catch up on Lie To Me, Eureka, Kyle XY *I'm gay, I know.* and then this. That mixed with SC2 means I'm going to have NO LIFE!! AHHH

lol @ Kyle XY. My roommates were watching that show recently. Suffice to say, there's a reason that show got canceled.

Sure, if they get rid of Chuck!

I remember watching maybe 2-3 episodes and the guy was just cringe worthy. It also doesn't help that I didn't find any of the other characters likable either...

Interesting.
Sure, Chuck can be stupid sometimes but it adds to the charm, imo.

Also, how can you not like Casey(ADAM ****ING BALDWIN) or Sarah?

You probably watched random episodes and thus didn't see the characters actually develop.

I've been introduced to it a few times. The episodes I saw were alright, nothing I'd avidly follow though...

Just finished Season 3 and was blown away.
Season 4 is going to be amazing.

Most fun I've had with a TV show in many years.

I'd love to watch another show but I'm trying to finish up Dexter S4, Fringe S2, Stargate Atlantis S1, 24:latest season (8?), and a few others. there is just no time for me to finish anything anymore. I'm still working on Demon's Souls!!

I need to move to a better planet where days are longer and time moves slower

You like Firefly? You'll love this.
You like spy movies? You'll love this.
I like all of these things and I ****ing hate Chuck. It's such a dumb, haphazardly written, middle of the road piece of crap that completely fails at channeling any of the charm of the things you mentioned. My girlfriend watches it and I haven't seen a single episode that I didn't come away from with enough inaccuracies, inconsistencies, or just plain stupid shit to fill an essay with. In short, it sucks.

IMO. ;)

rofl, they had dolph lundgens's character say "I MUST BREAK YOU"

There is no TV show that can include those things without making me rage.

I remember seeing commercials for this show, looked awful.

Sounds like some of guys should really try to give the show another chance by watching it from the very beginning and then pass judgement on it after watching say... four episodes.

And some of you shouldn't judge it just because it SOUNDS a little too goofy, I mean... sure it is goofy but that's why it's called a comedy.
It's not really meant to be taken seriously all the time.
Admittedly, it did take me a couple episodes to get used to the fact that it's silly but after that I fell pretty in love with it.

I personally never once really cringed at anything that was said or done, but then again... I'm not exactly the most tech savvy person in the world so for all I know everything that they do is completely wrong.(although, there are a few questionable instances where even I will just say "Yeah, okay.", but those are far and few between.)

You should just watch the show for what it is: light hearted entertainment.

edit: Just watched the first ep of S4 and am quite looking forward to more.
**** yeah Linda Hamilton.

Was introduced to Chuck, and was then introduced to Jake 2.0 in order to find out that they are in fact the same show.

Frankly, I prefer the latter, and it's pretty much Jayne Cobb that closes the gap between them. Nothing spectacular, and I can think of quite a few shows that deserve more praise than either of them. Still, it's a bit of fun, and if you haven't seen it you should check it out just to see if it's to your taste.

Dude, I never knew ReBoot was Canadian :D
Neither did I until a few years back. Seems that every so often we make the best goddamn TV shows :D

To keep this relevant (I want my avatar back!); Chuck's pretty good. But it seems to have this default level of energy that's just slightly too high, and it rubs me the wrong way. I think it has something to do with Chuck's mannerisms. But still, it's a fun show, I enjoy it when I watch it.

I don't think any of it is meant to be taken seriously. All the stuff they do is so outrageous none of it is in any way realistic. But that's one of the reasons I like the show. It's unrealistic in a funny way.

Yeah of course it's not to be taken seriously. It's just fun, that's all. I really enjoy it too.

There's being realistic and then there's just being plausible. When I talk about inconsistencies or stupid things, I mean in the way the show is written - it's just lazy. Although, yeah, the jargon is infuriating too. Like one instance I recall where they talk about a place being surrounded by "infantry gunners." Wow yeah guys that totally sounds like a thing. Spot on with the military lingo. How ****ing immersed am I right now.

**** this show, too. I was spewing within minutes of watching the first episode. Question: why would their top secret, untested nano technology be sitting around on a shelf in the ****ing server room? Ugh.

I've watched it. It's entertaining in a massively dumb kind of way. The cameos are fun.

Say what you want about the show, but Adam Baldwin is ****ing awesome. No one can ever disagree.

There's being realistic and then there's just being plausible. When I talk about inconsistencies or stupid things, I mean in the way the show is written - it's just lazy. Although, yeah, the jargon is infuriating too. Like one instance I recall where they talk about a place being surrounded by "infantry gunners." Wow yeah guys that totally sounds like a thing. Spot on with the military lingo. How ****ing immersed am I right now.

**** this show, too. I was spewing within minutes of watching the first episode. Question: why would their top secret, untested nano technology be sitting around on a shelf in the ****ing server room? Ugh.

That was probably Morgan being silly with his obsession with Call of Duty 4, so yeah.
Why so serious?

Which would be fine if there was ever anything in Call of Duty called an infantry gunner. God I love shows referencing things they don't know the first thing about.

Furthermore, I --

Why so serious?
Oh shit, my complaints are rendered null and void. Good show, old chap!

Which would be fine if there was ever anything in Call of Duty called an infantry gunner. God I love shows referencing things they don't know the first thing about.

Furthermore, I --

No need to be a dick about it.

Furthermore, I --

You're really annoying when you don't like something.

Hmm, just watched the season 4 premiere and it was actually pretty enjoyable. Still not really my thing, but they've obviously improved a lot. I take it back, this show isn't completely horrible. :p

Hmm, just watched the season 4 premiere and it was actually pretty enjoyable. Still not really my thing, but they've obviously improved a lot. I take it back, this show isn't completely horrible. :p

I thought it did too. I think it has to do with how the writers have stopped (at least for now) putting contrived barriers between Sarah and Chuck's in an effort to create will-they-or-won't-they drama. Less angst now.

Yeah, the will-they-won't-they thing was one thing that really put me off - like no show has ever done that ****ing plot point before. Actually surprised they manage to work some chemistry between them as well, these awkward nerd + unattainable hotness pairings usually seem incredibly forced (see: Transformers).

Yeah, I'll agree with that.
The Sarah and Chuck thing was really drawn out but the end result when they finally get together was perfect.
They're a great pair that works really well together.

Sarah being played by Kristen Kreuk, correct? I'm kind of surprised that I like her in this show. After seeing her in Superman Begins or whatever that show was called, I was never really a fan of her. But she pulls off the hot-and-possibly-interested-in-Chuck-BUT-WHO-WAS-KNOWS pretty well.

Sarah is being played by Yvonne Strahovski.
yvonne-strahovski-chuck.jpg

You may know her has Miranda from Mass Effect 2.

Kristin Kreuk plays a girlfriend of Chuck's for a while in the third season, she was probably the absolute worst part of that season for me.

Loads of guest stars for this season.
Robert Englund, Timothy Dalton, Stacy Kiebler, the Old Spice guy, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and a few others.

Should be fun.

The bad news is that we know the show is going to be canceled now. The presence of Summer Glau dooms the show to death. It is inevitable.

Back