Combine and Xen Connection (A long, Comprehensive Theory of evererything HL)

Marx! II said:
Just occuring to me, perhaps those Race-X fellows were made to imply that the dimension-rape that Nihilanth was running through was capturing the attention of some other worlds?

Yup. I think it probably echoed across a lot of places, which is why the Combine turned their attention towards our dimension, seeing all this energy discombobulating all over Earth.

-Angry Lawyer

Yeah, I was thinking that.
On another note, is every new thing you fight in Op4 an X?

Boo.
Although, it would be nice to go there, perhaps for a future Half-life.
Perhaps to bait a Race-X army onto Earth, and sic them on the combine.

Marx! II said:
Boo.
Although, it would be nice to go there, perhaps for a future Half-life.
Perhaps to bait a Race-X army onto Earth, and sic them on the combine.

Hopefully, Race X will never return. They got truly owned when they came here :p

Owned they were, but I rather enjoyed their brief visit, at least while I was under the impression that they were of Xen. Now I am not so sure,
"Oh no, our dimensional screwing around has had such consequences, now we are invaded by creatures controlled by the very giant entity we thought we were a match for! Woe!"
After which,
"Oh no, that alien invasion has attracted a bunch of other alien who are here for some reason to do take over Earth or something! Woe!"

Marx! II said:
Owned they were, but I rather enjoyed their brief visit, at least while I was under the impression that they were of Xen. Now I am not so sure,
"Oh no, our dimensional screwing around has had such consequences, now we are invaded by creatures controlled by the very giant entity we thought we were a match for! Woe!"
After which,
"Oh no, that alien invasion has attracted a bunch of other alien who are here for some reason to do take over Earth or something! Woe!"

I thought that too until Laidlaw said no they weren't ;)

Ah, I think he painted himself into a corner there.
Does he get do-overs?

the race-x taking over the world ? lol maybe . fact is they were taking things with them to their homeworld to study them.

I think your partly right, although it dosn't explain the Gene-Worm.

Or maybe it dosn't need explaining, Gearbox just needed a boss.

The gene-worm is a foactory, it was sent to manipulate Earth's resources. If Adrian didn't stop it it would have become impossible(from OP4 strat guide)

A factory? Wha wha what???
Man I really need to read more stuff.

Care to give us an actual quote?

-Angry Lawyer

I need to get that Opposing force strat guide, just for a good read ;)

I don't have it, I heard it on the leaf-free forums (the opposing source section)

Link?

And since when did people take forum posts as solid fact??

-Angry Lawyer

operative lm said:
The Gene Worm isn't the leader of Race-X. The strategy guide states that it is "the equivalent of a biological resource management factory" and that it "can take over any Earth resource, such as oil or trees, or even dirt, and alter it enough to make it useful to alien needs." It also states that "if the Gene Worm manages to set up camp on Earth, we can kiss our world goodbye." In a nutshell, the Gene Worm is just a giant moveable factory Race-X uses to create weapons and other stuff out of foreign materials. No one knows who the leader of Race-X is, but it certainly ain't the Gene Worm.

(Please note that those were actual quotes taken from the OpFor strategy guide neatly placed beside my bed. Smile )
I think the citadel works in pritty much the same way, which is why it is digging.

So the Gene worm is a giant, moveable... citadel?

Jintor said:
So the Gene worm is a giant, moveable... citadel?
Actually no, in size comparison the gene worm would be a very small moveable citadel.

And again with the people unnecesarily linking things to the Combine! Argh!

-Angry Lawyer

Maybe it was just a casual suggestion, although, the Gene Worm did have eyes, and advisors have eyes, although they don't really work. But, the Gene worm eyes dont really work after you've shot them.

Combine + Race-X = Success.

;)

dustmites also have eyes, are they influenced by the combines now?

no , i just dont understand the link from the geneworm to the combine advisor. just because they both have an eye makes you think they have something to do with each other ?

He's being facetious, Eber :p It's sarcasm, he's making fun of the people who link everything to the combine.

-Angry Lawyer

Heres my theory-

Humans invade Xen territory. The Xenians see an opportunity to expand thier empire, and strike back at the humans. During this chaos, the military is sent in the control silence everything. But now, its apparent that the humans can move into Xen and take control for themselves, giving them awesome weapon abilities. Humans finally manage to take control of Xen after Gordon destroys the Nihalith. (This was stated at the end of HL1) During thier stay in this harsh enviroment, the military must respond by changing thier bodies. (I.E., the gasmasks, funky armour, ect. The stuff the Combine wear.) The humans absorb all the Xenian technology, creating new weapons of war. I.e., the strider, gunship, dropship, ect. Most of those things look pretty organic. Then, after so many years, the Humans decide to come back from Xen, except now the Humans call themselves the Combine, for the combination of all the alien races now used in thier war machine, and what with thier changed appearances and bodies, which are now stronger, more nimble, ect. than the normal human body. Using thier superior numbers, technology, and species, the Combine take over earth. The rest is history.

Dag said:
Heres my theory-

Humans invade Xen territory. The Xenians see an opportunity to expand thier empire, and strike back at the humans. During this chaos, the military is sent in the control silence everything. But now, its apparent that the humans can move into Xen and take control for themselves, giving them awesome weapon abilities. Humans finally manage to take control of Xen after Gordon destroys the Nihalith. (This was stated at the end of HL1) During thier stay in this harsh enviroment, the military must respond by changing thier bodies. (I.E., the gasmasks, funky armour, ect. The stuff the Combine wear.) The humans absorb all the Xenian technology, creating new weapons of war. I.e., the strider, gunship, dropship, ect. Most of those things look pretty organic. Then, after so many years, the Humans decide to come back from Xen, except now the Humans call themselves the Combine, for the combination of all the alien races now used in thier war machine, and what with thier changed appearances and bodies, which are now stronger, more nimble, ect. than the normal human body. Using thier superior numbers, technology, and species, the Combine take over earth. The rest is history.

It wasn't stated the humans took over Xen - not at all. He said it was under control, that is it. And he was right, the portal storms *stopped*, but it was to late.

The dead bodies you saw on Xen were on a small piece of desert. There is ono desert in xen, secondly there were jeeps and all sorts crammed together - not natural. The conclusion is, that was a piece of earth merging with the border world, like xen did with out planet.

Alternatively it was actually somewhere outside of Xen, as some have argued that Valve would've had to be creative to bypass the engine's inability to swap skyboxes in one map.

But personally I lean towards the "merger" hypothesis too- it makes much more sense.

So when the G-man says "our control" he's probably referring to his nameless employers- or just the fact that Xen is no longer spurting portals everywhere. At least, at that point in time...

Samon said:
It wasn't stated the humans took over Xen - not at all. He said it was under control, that is it. And he was right, the portal storms *stopped*, but it was to late.

The dead bodies you saw on Xen were on a small piece of desert. There is ono desert in xen, secondly there were jeeps and all sorts crammed together - not natural. The conclusion is, that was a piece of earth merging with the border world, like xen did with out planet.

Or just a thin layer of sand teleporting with our troops, if you meant elsewise.

Edcrab said:
Alternatively it was actually somewhere outside of Xen, as some have argued that Valve would've had to be creative to bypass the engine's inability to swap skyboxes in one map.

But personally I lean towards the "merger" hypothesis too- it makes much more sense.

So when the G-man says "our control" he's probably referring to his nameless employers- or just the fact that Xen is no longer spurting portals everywhere. At least, at that point in time...

Thats about right, and Marx watcha mean?

Samon said:

Usually, under control means you control whatever it is you took over, in this case, Xen. And you never know if that wasn't Xen. I mean, you never saw all of Xen, just tiny bits and pieces of it. Of course, you could be entirely right. But as for the jeeps and tanks, it was to show that they had had a huge battle, and most of it was put for the emphasis on the huge battle.

Dag said:
Usually, under control means you control whatever it is you took over, in this case, Xen. And you never know if that wasn't Xen. I mean, you never saw all of Xen, just tiny bits and pieces of it. Of course, you could be entirely right. But as for the jeeps and tanks, it was to show that they had had a huge battle, and most of it was put for the emphasis on the huge battle.

Possibly, however I am pretty sure he meant the portals - you did, afterall stop the portal storms across the world (but the combine still managed to get through) and I assume he merely means that no more Xen fauna is heading over to Earth.

The soldiers to me, looked like a big heap of disjointed merged world.

@ Samon, I think that you are wrong in stating as fact that the portal storms stoped after you killed Nihilanth. Here's my theory on the matter:
Resonance cascade, portal storms start encompasing only BM and the surrounding area
Satalite launch, portal storms stop but it acts as a big flare to Nihilanth (which is why the g-man got the marines to abort it) and he starts to send in his invastion force, leaving Xen a bit undefended
Death of Nihilanth, the portal storms start up again and encompas all of Earth (and probably a bit of space).
After a while either by natural death or interference by Combine/BM scientist portal storms stop.

But I do agree with you that the dead soldiers where on Earth during the portal storms.

It seemed just as likely to me that the armaments fell as they were, but I suppose either could be the case.

What is going on on Xen during HL2? I really wanted to see that the Alien Grunts had more purpose.

ríomhaire said:
@ Samon, I think that you are wrong in stating as fact that the portal storms stoped after you killed Nihilanth. Here's my theory on the matter:
Resonance cascade, portal storms start encompasing only BM and the surrounding area
Satalite launch, portal storms stop but it acts as a big flare to Nihilanth (which is why the g-man got the marines to abort it) and he starts to send in his invastion force, leaving Xen a bit undefended
Death of Nihilanth, the portal storms start up again and encompas all of Earth (and probably a bit of space).
After a while either by natural death or interference by Combine/BM scientist portal storms stop.

But I do agree with you that the dead soldiers where on Earth during the portal storms.

I think you stop the storms, like gman said it was under control thus the portals had stopped...makes sense to me.

We don't know Dag.

Back