Combine and Xen Connection (A long, Comprehensive Theory of evererything HL)

That is an incredibly obscure plant ;)

Something more obvious would have been better :) .

Jandor said:
That is an incredibly obscure plant ;)

Something more obvious would have been better :) .
I don't like to do obvious ones.

The legions grow, comrade Angry Lawyer. The hierarchy shall be pleased.

Jandor for an Independant Xen, if only Pai-Mai could see me now.

:p ;(

I'm... I'm so proud.

Yeah, I miss the guy. He probably died, or something. Or found something better to do with his life.

Try 21 credit hours of engineering... my free time got a lot shorter and spending hours a day speculating about a video game, although the best ever made, just wasn't an efficient enough use of my time.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that people are starting to see the light. Things seem to be really calm right now and everyone seems to be on the same page... with only a few key differences in outlooks... so I'm not going to insight a riot or anything . Yet.

Good to see you back, not for long I presume?

Edit: I just read your e-mail, and sorry for the the pact breakage.
*prepares for the 5 point exploding heart technique*

Pai-Mei said:
Try 21 credit hours of engineering... my free time got a lot shorter and spending hours a day speculating about a video game, although the best ever made, just wasn't an efficient enough use of my time.

So you did find something better to do with your life, then? *grins*

Yeah, I've been fighting for the cause, long and hard. And I won, of course. Sorta.

-Angry Lawyer

Not against me you didn't, we're a stuborn shower in the emarald isle.

Pai-Mei said:

Anyways, I'm glad to see that people are starting to see the light. Things seem to be really calm right now and everyone seems to be on the same page... with only a few key differences in outlooks... so I'm not going to insight a riot or anything . Yet.
The old Xen dispute is forgotten, attention is now again focused on the Shepard conflict. And the rightfull ranks of anti-Adrians shall be victorious, be it via sharp reasoning, or by sharp-stabbing-someone-to-death-with-a-very-big-knife!

AJ Rimmer said:
The old Xen dispute is forgotten, attention is now again focused on the Shepard conflict. And the rightfull ranks of anti-Adrians shall be victorious, be it via sharp reasoning, or by sharp-stabbing-someone-to-death-with-a-very-big-knife!
blasphemor, the knife is one of the weapons of the shepard, the crowbar is the sacred weapon of smiting!

AJ Rimmer said:

That is correct.

(YAY! an Adrian Flame war :D) Adrian Will be reborn.. G-man and his Organization known as the *Deleted* Will get adrian in City 17 to Aid Freeman :D

very great theory pai mei (best ive ever heard)... thats just what i always thought! laivasse had also some very good ideas .. the only thing in his theory i dont like is that gordon is a machine "LOL"!!! dudes gordon is no machine , admit it! hes just very skilled with weapons and maybe he has some kinda killerinstinct which strenghtens him and gives him more power to fight through.

eber said:
very great theory pai mei (best ive ever heard)... thats just what i always thought! laivasse had also some very good ideas .. the only thing in his theory i dont like is that gordon is a machine "LOL"!!! dudes gordon is no machine , admit it! hes just very skilled with weapons and maybe he has some kinda killerinstinct which strenghtens him and gives him more power to fight through.

Please Eber just....just go away.

lol samon get out of my sight ... you should take the advantage of "reading". you would see that pai meis theory fits in best!

oh and i want to add something about the story:
1.quoted by nihilanth: "we are their slaves"
nihilanth never said that in half-life , it was jst in the folders. anyway i think it just means that they (nihilanth and the xen forces) are the slaves of the controllers . thats why the controllers are named controllers ! you understand samon :D !

2.the forces nihilanth left back at xen.
that doesnt mean he didnt want to conquer earth but it also doesnt mean he did want to. it rather means that he wanted to protect xen from the upcoming human invasion. he knew that the humans were experimenting with xen technology and teleportation and he saw how advanced humans were, so he was afraid of them and prepaired for it.in my opinion it was just a matter of time when humans would do the first step of invasion. xen is just too important to leave it alone . avarice is just part of human nature, think of it :p

3.yes, the g-man ordered the troops to come to black mesa and clear it. you will find it out while playing through Opposing Force. in the boot camp of OPFO you see the Gman talking to a marine boss behind glass.
later you see dozens of rines storming in a plane ,if you get closer your way gets cut and you see the gman again.
well in the first scene the gman ordered the rines,the second scene happens exactly in that time when gordon is in the level named :"forget about freeman"! i think that the gman just told the rines to pull back cos he actually thinks that gordon could make it.

4. why do the vortigaunts help the humans?
because the humans freed them in some way by destroying the overlord of the controllers. they admire freeman and they never want to be enslaved again. so they will fight for it .

You might try reading as well, reading my former posts and seeing that I agree with his theory! Amazing eh?

Even last year you were as ridiculous as this, your post history speaks for itself Eber.

i will just ignore you samon, you are talking crap!

Nihilanth does say "slaves...we are their slaves" in the game. Eber, have you ever met battlefrank, ye'd get on well together.

ríomhaire said:
Nihilanth does say "slaves...we are their slaves" in the game. Eber, have you ever met battlefrank, ye'd get on well together.
nope he doesnt say that, i checked it, or well maybe im missing something .. im confused :bounce:

Aimed at no-one in particular:

Some Guy said:
Dont argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level, then beat you with experience.

Yes Eber he does say that. Haha Jandor, nice one.

I wonder if its even possible to stoop to Ebers level. Probably not.

Bah. We trigger RC.
Nihilanth, who has modified himself to control Xen, gets mad. The RC pulls some of his people and power away. He responds in kind, and attacks. Freeman kills and stops him. However, the portal storms follow in his death, and millions of Xenogens teleport in. Humans flee to cities.
The combine see this happening, as Xen is between them and Earth. Its possible through sheer ignorance or upringing, that the combine haven't considered local teleportation via Xen.
Anyways, back to the point. Breen conspires with the Combine, and they attack and conquer Earth. Its 2 alien invasions.

Samon said:
Yes Eber he does say that. Haha Jandor, nice one.

I wonder if its even possible to stoop to Ebers level. Probably not.

too bad that i have a life , so i wont be able to play computer games all day dude.

oh sorry , i didnt want to suggest you have no life errrrr .... :farmer:

eber said:
too bad that i have a life , so i wont be able to play computer games all day dude.

Oh man Eber, I'm offended.

eber said:

And you have a life and that is why you get your self-esteme by insulting people on the internet?

It's like being in the playground all over again.

Note the thread title:

Combine and Xen Connection (A long, Comprehensive Theory of evererything HL)

I rest my case.

lol how could you guys get 23 pages together, im still at page 9..

I can't remember what went on in the early pages of this thread, but if it's the thread I think it is, then maybe it should be stickied. Doesn't it contain practically every theory on HL2 ever? good for noobs to the forum.

I can't say much, because its too open. My only question is. Why did the G-Man show dead marines and burning tanks at the end of HL1 if we had won? I wonder if by the time we were done on Xen, that the Combine had subsequently invaded, lured in by the resonance cascade. I dunna know exactly. I'm gonna have to play hl1 over again.

Hey, actually this thread discusses almost everything that is discussed in almost every thread which talks about the HL universe and story. It should be stickyfied for sure.

r2000, isn't it possible that perhaps those burning marines and tanks were casualties of Xenians themselves? That is, they were attacked by the Xenians?

Yeah, like a random field wherein a few marines and their support units met their fates. One can imagine we took a great many casualties, but we still won.

aww i have a question , so the combine didnt know about xen (thats what im thinking is right). but now that the combine conquered earth , did they also conquer xen ? they do know now for sure that xen exists. or maybe xen is still under human control ?
maybe the gman has still forces over there :p. who knows ....
any ideas or facts ?

Nihilanth does say "slaves...we are their slaves" in the game.

I remember going through the game and realizing that there were a few Nihilanth clips in the flies that never made it in-game... this might be one of them, but maybe not.

So, in order to aid all of our efforts, where exactly does he say this?

but now that the combine conquered earth , did they also conquer xen ?

I suspect not. They have a hard enough time teleporting around that I don't believe that they have access to the dimension that lends itself to natural teleportation.

they do know now for sure that xen exists.

They know that a dimension exists where all of the Vorts and headcrabs came from, but not where.

maybe the gman has still forces over there . who knows ....

You laugh, but I'll bet he does. "The border world, Xen, is in our control for the time being."

And I'm all for stickying a thread I created. :)

lol maybe the gman is preparing an army on xen with alien weaponry and stuff. the xen factory might be still working .
i always wondered why he put gordon after so many years into all that trouble. maybe he wanted to keep the combine busy to finish his army on xen (he didnt necessairily expect gordon to stop the combine on earth,just getting more time).

eber said:
lol maybe the gman is preparing an army on xen with alien weaponry and stuff. the xen factory might be still working .
i always wondered why he put gordon after so many years into all that trouble. maybe he wanted to keep the combine busy to finish his army on xen (he didnt necessairily expect gordon to stop the combine on earth,just getting more time).

Why oh why are you still here

you are so destructive samon , dont waste your powers on it you have none anyway

I will not let this turn into a flame thread, just stop, everyone.

Just occuring to me, perhaps those Race-X fellows were made to imply that the dimension-rape that Nihilanth was running through was capturing the attention of some other worlds?

Yes, it's a good thread. And for Pai Mie's sake, and Riomhares I'll have to simply ignore Eber.

*Takes chill pill*

Back