Combine Elite?

'Coolbeans'. The Combine Elite looks badass - but I really wish it could have remained a suprise. :/

Combine Elite? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about, you must be mistaken.

son of a bitch. ive never seen that new combine pic. probably wouldnt have looked if i thought it wasnt one of the newely released screens. a lot of people have been discussing the combine models as being new or different. oh well, its my fault for looking.... they look cool as hell though. im sure the way valve introduces them will still be a wow moment.

Munro said:
Combine Elite? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about, you must be mistaken.

Oh no! A Cover-up.

And it's a really really bad one.

I'd rather not have seen it tbh, i think theyve gone a bit overkill on releasing shots of the enemies. I know there's probably a whole lot more that we dont know abaout, but still its annoying....

NB. said:
I'd rather not have seen it tbh, i think theyve gone a bit overkill on releasing shots of the enemies. I know there's probably a whole lot more that we dont know abaout, but still its annoying....
There are (were) over 50. :E

Varsity said:
There are (were) over 50. :E

Well i didnt know that :D If there are 50+ enemies i'll be very impressed

Don't worry, there are a lot more enemies, especially towards the end, that they haven't officially shown or even talked about yet.

Including, hopefully, ol' "buttface" from that concept art. He looked cool.

The reviews speak about whole combine armies including tanks and artillery.

And Munro, you're still laughing now, but when the men in white suits come for a visit, you won't be laughing anymore. Muhahahaha. Excellent.

Munro said:

No point in covering up now, we know that you guys get secret info from Valve. :O

If this is secret.....why would it be in the enemies info section?

Seriuosly valve must be rushing the game so bad.

Theyre now dropping maps, weapons and enemies and also now apparently splicing models to create a halfarsed npc.

wtg

[sl@yer] said:
If this is secret.....why would it be in the enemies info section?

Seeing as the game is so close to release.

Cheta said:

Theyre now dropping maps, weapons and enemies and also now apparently splicing models to create a halfarsed npc.

wtg

Um...no. For a start the game is finished. Also, if they change anything, it's most likely for the best, i.e. to improve the game. I am confident this is the case, after the changes HL1 went through.

Cheta said:

wtg

Erm, have you any evidence for this? Also, why would Valve need to rush? They are already a year late and have taken as much time as they needed.

Cheta said:

wtg

Huh, where did you read that?

AFAIK the game has been finished for a while hasnt it?

Cheta said:

This happened over a year ago...idiot.

Samon said:
Yeah, they cut a few maps and changed a few places

Please show this evidence

edit: hmm you edited the post just while i quoted you, where is the evidence that you were talking about?

If that is what I think it is (ÜBER ULTRA MEGA COMBINE ELITE SOLDIER) we WILL be annoyed...

Munro said:

It's there, mate. Just admit it. ;)

My proof is several sources, if you want to know whats been cut pm me....theres the beta...the script

Combines = SA
Combine Elite = SS-Totenkopf

damn nazi-combines :p

I like it actually, is it just me or Half life ² looks a little manga inspired? look at alyx and the combine elite!

chimpmunk said:
I like it actually, is it just me or Half life ² looks a little manga inspired? look at alyx and the combine elite!

You know, there are about 2,5 billion asians that are not inspired by anime :LOL:

PvtRyan said:
You know, there are about 2,5 billion asians that are not inspired by anime :LOL:
alyx is not asian, she's half withe, half black.

what i meant is that the carachter, alyx, the way she looks, it looks like manga-ish to me.

Well her head is proportional to her body and her eyes aren't the size of dinner plates. So no, she looks like a normal person to me.

/cue ignorance

chimpmunk said:
alyx is not asian, she's half withe, half black.

what i meant is that the carachter, alyx, the way she looks, it looks like manga-ish to me.

She's half Asian and half black

Dr0ndeh said:
shes half viking, and half pope.

Whoa, I was reading an article on the Pope when you posted that.

TEH POPEMAn IZ TEH C0MB1N3 1337!!1111111omiasfi

I always thought that Alyx looked like she was half white and half black.

Anyway the combine elite picture is damn sexy.

The Silhouette said:
Correct, Eli even says her mothers name is Azia.
Lets all go play halflife1 and see if we can find an asian woman!

Samon said:
My proof is several sources, if you want to know whats been cut pm me....theres the beta...the script

It's called the design process. And it wasn't a beta, it wasn't even close to beta. Things are GOING to change between that stage of development and the RC.

Things change, maps need to be redone or removed to conform to something new in the game. Think of the Coast videos.

Back