Company of Heroes = 96% score in October PC Gamer

SFLUFAN

Reaction score
I have just learned that the October issue of PC Gamer will have a singleplayer demo for Company of Heroes. This issue should be on the newsstands sometime this month (the current issue of PC Gamer has the Bioshock cover story). I don't know if this is a PC Gamer exclusive or if it will be available for us to download around the same time.

In addition, I have learned that the game earned a score of 96% from the magazine.

The game is set for release on 9/11.

I believe they call it the best WW2 RTS ever and one of the best RTS games ever.

Clearly an overstatement.

I'll wait until other reviewers get their hands on it.

i'd go so far as to say one of the top five best RTS's ever, the best WWII RTS ever, and one of the best WWII games ever.

Wow i need to pick this up then.

Personally, for me it IS the best RTS ever. Purely from playing the multiplayer beta. I can make such a bold statement because I do NOT like RTS games, I however do love CoH, which automatically makes it the best RTS for me.

i find it second to starcraft but better than dawn of war

Never got the mp beta to work, but I shall have to give it another try then :) or wait for the SP demo. Looks really good. The Faces of War demo kinda disappointed me though.

Can't wait to see what others think, but everything that I have heard and seen so far makes me think this is really something special! :thumbs:

If it didn't have really really really really horrible connection problems I would probably agree ;)

It's a really neat game, I like the infantry aspect and the way the tanks work, but the balance and unit AI is a bit off (especially for vehicles) and I'm not too fond of any side in an RTS having "special powers"

and I especially love the mindblowingly destructable terrain, the fact that all tanks are impervious to machine gun fire, and the absolutley gorgeous effects.

needless to say, it's been the only thing fun enough so far to draw me away from TA spring.

Back