Config.cfg will not stop reverting back to old settings.

Naph

Companion Cube
Reaction score
It just won't stop! I've tried turning off steam cloud sync and still nothing. Deleted the local game files, NOPE!
Anyone else have this retarded problem and has some fix for it?!

What launch parameters do you have? In case you use "-dxlevel 81" this will keep happening, removing the parameter shouldn't make the game switch to DX9 but keep it from resetting your settings.

If that doesn't work, I would just put your settings in "\team fortress 2\tf\cfg\autoexec.cfg"(you have to create it yourself), as the file name suggests it will apply them each time you launch TF2.

Removing -dxlevel didn't change it, my launch options now are: -sw -w 1680 -h 1050 -console -noborder -nojoy -noipx -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd
My next step is to make a new cfg and use the autoexec to exec that. Placing the config just in autoexec would be a larger task.

Allready tried to make the file read only and whats is your problem? Mic Boost is currently a bug in the game it always stays on.

Any contents within the config.cfg will be reverted back to its original state. This includes adding lines, subtracting lines and copying older configs over the top. Making the config read only wouldn't be a solution either.

euhm put Steam sync off, change the config make it read only startup the game é voila normaly your gaming with you new settings.

Back