Conservapedia blocking non-US IPs?

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
So a friend of mine posted a rumour on Facebook that Conservapedia were blocking all non-US IP addresses. I went on and reacquainted myself with the general insanity and craziness of the place (it's the least organized website I've ever seen) but several hours later I was no longer able to access the site. It just wouldn't load. That was at college, now I'm trying to do it from a house and I'm getting a 403. Did a quick search for "conservapedia blocking outside USA" got me this. This is sad news for people who like to laugh at idiots.

See if you can still access it by clicking here. Report back on if you can or can't and if you can give a few choice retarded statements.

Edit:
I seem to be able to access it from college again. Here's a little taste for those of you who can't:
Liberal denial is the tendency of liberals to conceal, deny or censor the truth for ideological reasons. A list of the top common instances of liberal denial are the following:

1. Liberals deny that human intelligence inevitably and demonstrably declines from generation to generation, and that if there were another 100 generations into the future the people would not be able to understand simple concepts.
  2. Liberals deny the very real existence of fetal pain during abortion.
  3. Liberals deny the very real existence of Hell. Jesus talked about Hell more than Heaven.
  4. Liberals deny how they censor the Bible from their daily activities, and encourage the censorship for others too.
  5. Liberals deny that Fidel Castro, who has not been seen in public since his intestinal surgery 3.5 years ago, is likely to be deceased.
  6. Liberals deny the Nobel Prize is an award given by liberals to other liberals, and sometimes even granted in an awkward manner designed to punish a critic of liberal falsehoods.[1]
  7. Liberals deny how they deify government officials, similar to how communists deified Stalin and Lenin and still deify Castro.[2]
  8. Liberals deny how fellow travelers engage in deceit, or at least refuse to admit it.
  9. Liberals deny they are liberal, and that most of the media are liberal.
  10. Liberals deny that Hollywood values, professor values and general liberal values have consequences for those who believe in them, and also for innocent victims.
  11. Liberals deny that they have censored prayer in public school.[3]
  12. Liberals deny that a woman significantly reduces her risk of breast cancer by having children rather than abortions
  13. Liberals deny that about half of promiscuous people carry sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and those STDs cause infertility[4]
  14. Liberals deny that the strident promoters of evolution generally have weaker credentials than advocates of intelligent design[5]
  15. Liberals deny that College faculties at nearly every American school are completely dominated by liberals, and have virtually no conservatives
  16. Liberals deny that Homosexuality shortens lifespan for a wide variety of reasons
  17. Liberals deny that reducing the number of guns, which are primarily defensive weapons, results in an increase in crime
  18. Liberals deny that the war in Iraq was needed and also deny that the surge has worked
  19. Liberals deny that Hitler and the Nazi party were in fact Liberals (anti-Semitism is a well-documented characteristic of Liberal Christianity as is the PETA-like Green wing of the Third Reich[6])

In two years, Conservapedia will be relabelled as a "conservator" of knowledge.

I tried accessing it a few weeks ago, and I still can't. Which is a shame, I enjoyed their insanity.

Works here in the states no problem.

Yep. I like how they're doing this, and on the front page they brag about how they just had their best month in number of views.

First time I'm hearing about this website, but if it's any interest to you - I can't access it.

Forbidden

Disappointing, sounds like it would have been fun :(

Forbidden, mate!
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Boobs.

I'm outraged I can't access a website I do not care about.

I'm outraged I can't access a website I do not care about.

I was just going to ask why exactly this is a bad thing... Not being funny or anything but am I missing why I should be annoyed?

Who said you should be annoyed or outraged? Its funny.

403, but honestly I think I saw all I needed to from the Google result.

Q5vpB.png

Conservapedia; because reality has a liberal bias

Depends what you mean by liberal and conservative, I consider American free market conservatism to be liberalism. The problem with America is that they think the founding fathers were conservatives, which would imply they think monarchism is a liberal idea.

ya but conservapedia is just batshit insane religiously fueled conservatism:

Conservapedia is an English-language wiki project written from an American conservative Christian point of view. The website considers itself to be a supporter of "conservative, family-friendly" content.[3] It was started in 2006 by homeschool teacher and attorney Andy Schlafly, son of conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly,[4][5] to counter what he called the liberal bias of Wikipedia.

Examples of the ideology of Conservapedia in its articles include: advocacy for Young Earth creationism, negative accusations against US President Barack Obama, criticism of Albert Einstein and relativity, and claiming a proven link between abortion and breast cancer. Conservapedia also operates a "Conservative Bible Project", a conservative re-interpretation of the Bible.

Man, Conservapedia makes me sad.

Especially if the vast majority of people who contribute to the articles genuinely believe in what the articles say.

But.. but I WANT TO READ ABOUT OBAMA'S COMMUNIST EVOLUTIONARY MUSLIM CONSPIRACY?

Seriously though, I'm actually quite disappointed, Its like watching The Onion but non-satirical.

Try the flat earth society, it's just as good.

Hahaha, I've read about them as well. I send my personal commendations to fundamentalist Christian America for being such intelligent beings that overshadow scientific advances. Bravo.

Back