Could it be that System shock 2 is being remade???!!

Rochet

Reaction score
Well here is the link.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6109881/index.html
The article name is system shock 2 retrospective, and they say quote"Looking Glass Entertainment decided to leave their employer to form their own company, which would go on to develop a game called System Shock 2--a game we'll take a retrospective look at in anticipation of Irrational's next project, which we'll reveal to you exclusively tomorrow. (Here's a hint: it will likely please fans of System Shock 2.) " I hope its system shock 2, i mean the article title and hints sound like it, what do you guys think, I hope its true. Just thought of informing you SS2 fans! :monkee:

I would prefer System shock 3 over a remake I think.

If it's going to be called "System Shock: Title Here" and not "System Shock 3", you know it's going to suck.

My friend told me the game is supposed to be scary, but it also involves monkey's flinging crap at each other...is this true?

Tredoslop said:
My friend told me the game is supposed to be scary, but it also involves monkey's flinging crap at each other...is this true?

It's more like, bolts of psychic energy

I would like a remake because all i hear is good about this game but i cant really play it. The gfx are to bad you know it just feels weird now that iv played css doom3 far cry etc

I tryed to play it but it would keep crashing on my computer so I eventually stopped trying to play.

God... if it is SS3... I will be NICE AGAIN...

Raziel-Jcd said:
I would like a remake because all i hear is good about this game but i cant really play it. The gfx are to bad you know it just feels weird now that iv played css doom3 far cry etc

i agree totally with this, i started playing and i was like, whoa this is kinda lame... lol it seemed like it had a cool idea tho if it had some doom 3 graphics thrown in on it OMG :)

-merc

Well I think the scare factor at that time with system shock was alot more then the scare factor of doom 3 at present time. I think if this game was put in with doom 3 graphics I think it would blow doom 3 away. Im excited to here the news tomorrow, I would be really happy if they came out with ss 2 remake or ss3. But Im a ss fan :)

Even if it's a Doom 3-esque remake (i.e., better graphics, larger game world, altered story line and game mechanics) I'll be happy.

Just make the Von Braun a mile long luxury lightspeed liner, and it'll be more than fun enough to roam it, splatting hybrids and moving from objective to objective...

SS1 and SS2 are two of the top ten games of all time...even with the dated graphics. system shock 1 came out in 1994, and ss2 in 1999, and they're still tops.

having said that, stardogchampion is right...it's gonna be some lame, created-with-xbox-in-mind-and-heres-a-crappy-port.

possibly "system shock: deadly invisible shadow puppet war"

Oooh, please be System Shock 3. Please!

I hope they re-do System Shock 1 with a new engine :cheese: Would be way better than SS3 (i think)

anyways, who of you has ever played the first game?

Back