Counter-Strike: Global Offensive "Operation Phoenix" Now Available

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eight of the best community maps for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive are rising from the ashes of previous Operations with the recently released "Operation Phoenix". The operation, which will run from February 20th through June 4th, features the return of eight top-voted community-made maps which previously featured in Operations Payback and Bravo, all of which can be accessed on official low-latency Valve servers for the price of $2.99.

slide-jpg.24714

For those who haven't been keeping track of our social media feeds over the past two weeks, the eight returning maps include Cache, Motel, Seaside, Downtown, Thunder, Ali, Favela, and Agency. Players who purchase the Operation Phoenix pass will be provided with a special Operation Phoenix Coin, which tracks the playtime and wins of the user while also doubling up as a competitive scorecard for the game's competitive matchmaking feature. This means the coin will track a number of useful stats for the duration of Operation Phoenix, including how many wins, kills, headshots, and MVP awards the player has racked up during competitive matches on both official Valve maps and the returning community levels available in Operation Phoenix.

phoenixcase-png.24715

As with Operation Bravo, this new Operation also features a new themed weapon case series known as "The Operation Phoenix Case", which will be available to Operation Phoenix coin holders as a random drop at the conclusion of matches. As always, the case series features a wide variety of different community-designed alternate weapon skins for a large number of the game's weapons.

Stay tuned to ValveTime for more CS:GO and community news coming soon.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 26,090
  • PhoenixCase.PNG
    PhoenixCase.PNG
    166.2 KB · Views: 18,236
I just get the fire serpent and that beauty comes out. Fantastic.

I like the maps they've included in the operation but I was hoping for some new maps.

I like the maps they've included in the operation but I was hoping for some new maps.

Same here. At least it was cheaper this time around since there were no new maps. I'm still down with supporting the community mappers.

Back