Counter Strike: Global Offensive PAX Media Round-Up

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8DMKBH0IA-A?hd=1" frame allowfullscreen></iframe>​
[br]
PAX Prime in Seattle started yesterday and Valve released a deluge of media at the event showcasing CS:GO. Above is the official trailer but you can see two further gameplay videos from IGN below:Valve have also published a handful of high quality screenshots on their FTP which you can see below. Lastly, you can keep even more up-to-date with CS:GO on CounterStrikeGO.com / CSGO twitter, which is ran by our very own Ennui![br]
[br]

the official site looks horrible.

Remember this is probably still early doors for the game and models like that are most likely to change!

I really, really hope so, because graphically this looks pretty awful, and we're not really in a position to talk about anything else.

I really, really hope so, because graphically this looks pretty awful, and we're not really in a position to talk about anything else.

I would assume that a lot of things are going to change. I mean looks at the bottom right screenshot valve provided, I'm fairly sure that's the L4D2 helicopter flying with the back hatch open while the back propeller isn't spinning. That shouts alpha at me, if not pre-alpha.

There is still plenty of time, but Dear Esther is proof that the Source engine is capable of much more than what that trailer shows. We'll see.

There is still plenty of time, but Dear Esther is proof that the Source engine is capable of much more than what that trailer shows. We'll see.
The sad thing is only about 20 people here will know what Dear Esther is.

At the time I found heard about Dear Esther, I also found out that a commecial indie game version of Dear Esther was being developed. I'm waiting for that instead. :)

Still, there is plenty of time for CS: GO. But those models and textures...

Back