Counter strike looks like A$$...

shaggy2039

Reaction score
you know, I've been following these forums for well over 9 months now, and I gotta say that I'm surprised that no one has commented on how crappy counter strike source looks...now before anyone thinks I'm being to hard, I do think HL2 is looking amazing, and as everyone else is on this forum, dying for it's release...

but, I really think CS source looks very amatuer...the textures in some of those new pics look really bad...

anyone else agree?

I think you're retarded. Download the high-res flicks that just came out and try again. :| :| :|

wow seeing as hl2 and cs:s have the same graphics....i tend to this cs:s looks good. so idk what cs:s uve seen, u sure ur not playing condition zero?

Xcellere said:
I think you're retarded. Download the high-res flicks that just came out and try again. :| :| :|

what hi-res flicks? link me!

You must have a very high definition of ass ugly.

i agree completely, and i was kind of wondering if it was just me because no one really commented on the player models or anything earlier. To my knowledge of course

It doesn't look as good as it could be, but it doesn't really bother me if the gameplay is generally the same.

The player model animations in the video are not finalized. Other than that I think CS:S serves it's purpose, fast-paced fun combat. I'm glad the maps that we already love have been preserved, along with the gameplay that made cs famous. Personally, I think round-based play is going to be every HL2 mappers dream. Breakables can be built for players to shoot and break apart, and they'll be rebuilt for the next round. With the new engine that means barrels can fly, wood can break, things can fall down, vehicles can crash, etc. and everything can be ready for the next round. Personally, I think it's going to have the impact of CS and more.

sorry to offend anyone, but I'm sticking with my original post on this...
I don't think counter strike source looks nearly as complete, polished, or as
atmospheric as HL2...the player models look shoddy, and the textures look
unfinished...now, that being said, if the game is supposed to be finished within the next 2-3 months, then how is it that they're releasing shots of this thing looking this unimpressive...I agree that it's all about the gameplay with CS, but I think from the shots I've seen, and the movies, it doesn't look all that great...

Yes it looks like ass but i don't know anyone who plays CS for the graphics.

Xcellere said:

you know, as well as I, that I'm not retarded for pointing this out...I know I'm not the only one here that thinks this should look better...and by the way,
hi-res isn't going to change anything other than the fact that you can see the crappy textures in hi-res...

Where Are These High Res Vids!!! Link Me!!!!

It's CS:Source, not CS2. (In other words, don't expect ALL the good stuff to show up in a budget redo.)

Ahnteis said:
It's CS:Source, not CS2. (In other words, don't expect ALL the good stuff to show up in a budget redo.)

there's no reason why CS shouldn't look as good as HL2...take unreal tournament and UT2004 with "facing worlds" for instance...they upgraded a popular map with their new tech, and it looks great...they only did that in a few years...valve has had 6 years to uprgrade cs and I think they're rushing it and it shows...

again, I'm not trying to bash the game, but I'm calling it how I see it...

That and it's still very much beta. I don't believe they worry about the higher-def models until later. It's a matter of plugging them in and all that, not the dreaded netcode or animation or any of that. It's still very much beta, but it won't take them very long at all to create better models and textures.

wait.. theres new videos?

or are you talking about the korean ones?

can Someone Link Me To The Damn Hi Res Vids Please

Why hasn't this been locked yet? Intentionally trying to incite people.

Hey guinny its been a while!

and yes!

Give us the damn vids!!!!!

I gotta agree that CS:Source is painfully subpar graphically. Some of the new animations are nice, especially the bolt action on the AK. But mostly it looks sad. This is purposeful though, because Valve said, at E3 I think, that CS:S would not incorporate Source's graphics capabilities. Nor will any of the Source conversions, which is why I'm not excited about them at all.

I Can't watch the ones on CSNation, it wont let me!

i have to pay to watch them!

It seems as if they took down the second mirror for the movie, it was up earlier :( Hmm I'll look for another link for you guys :D

If someone who already has it could either upload it to a server, or make a torrent, that'd be super. ;)

i just spent 5 bucks to upgrade and their ****in server is down...mother ****ers...

Didn't you learn anything from all of the HL2 pics that has been bashed for their poor quality , and then everyone shut upped after this year e3 video ?.

And I came in here thinking you meant ass as in nice looking. Cuz asses look nice.

Tamer17 said:
Didn't you learn anything from all of the HL2 pics that has been bashed for their poor quality , and then everyone shut upped after this year e3 video ?.

If english isn't your first language then there is nothing here to laugh at, otherwise enjoy.

If we could get a mirror, or somebody start a bitorrent that'd be awesome :)

It isn't.

I assume you mean the "shut upped" part , cause I was thinking when I wrote it , if that's the right inflection.

Looking at my post again , I found another mistake : have been bashed instead of has.

Sorry , I don't usually misspell , though it is morning here . :)

The gfx MAY not look as awesome as HL² - but it is galaxies away from current CS.

And the most important thing is the new physics-system anyway......

plus i don't think they should go too over-board with the graphics,, so they can minimize the ping. I think thats what makes it more enjoyable!

shaggy2039 said:
you know, I've been following these forums for well over 9 months now, and I gotta say that I'm surprised that no one has commented on how crappy counter strike source looks...now before anyone thinks I'm being to hard, I do think HL2 is looking amazing, and as everyone else is on this forum, dying for it's release...

but, I really think CS source looks very amatuer...the textures in some of those new pics look really bad...

anyone else agree?

let me guess, you joined just to talk shit about CS: S and half-life2?
Am i right?

Bio said:
let me guess, you joined just to talk shit about CS: S and half-life2?
Am i right?

He just said that he liked HL2....

Anyway, I somewhat agree with him. CS:s isn't as good as HL2, graphically - yet for an online multiplayer it's pretty darn good.

Ok i was too lazy too read much of the post :D but anyway then i will rewrite it in this post. :D
I bet you just joined to talk shit about Cs: s , am i right? :D:D you :naughty: dog. :)

Hmm I think it looks neat. Graphics aren't that important in CS either, I mean it's a fast paced MP game it's not about eye-candy.

Back