Counter-Strike: Source and Source Engine Updates Available

Gothax? said:
The terrorist player model is absolutely disgusting. Seriously, some updates don't belong there. Keep making source worse.

It's not bad enough that it looks ugly, but it's also harder to distinguish friend from foe now. Now I'm afraid to TK, and so I take that extra second to doublecheck, which is vital.

first off..........inmortal needs to change his avatar...
and second.........this update wont let me use customs skins.....
it ok when im holding the weapons but there are no world models for the skins.....

mitya said:
Obviously mass is half of density. Does that mean we can treat them as the same thing? No.

All I'm saying is that the original poster talked of a mass increase solving the "floating bodies" problem. It wouldn't. All that a mass increase would do is cause the bodies to reach terminal velocity quicker. And as you said yourself, terminal velocity in the game is pretty whack.

Therefore: a mass increase on the ragdolls would not solve the probem.

1) the player models size would not be changed so like he said increasing mass will also increase density

2) and wtf are you thinking an increase in mass without a volume change will not mean an object will make an object reach terminal velocity quicker because the air will have the same upward force on the object. The terminal velocity will be faster on the more massive object.

3) now lets start a new argument about how long my sentence is in my second point.

CSS Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Lipstick-Wearing Midget Clones

I've noticed a lot of bodies flying into the air when they die. This can happen if the person was jumping and also when they were just moving. They randomly go flying into the air. This didn't happen before the update.

That new t model is lame. Why couldnt they have just kept the old one and added the new one as a second choice? Doesn't make much sense to me.

For all people who don't like the T model, switch it for the old model.

This si what you get for complaining about the lack of models.

Wow what a nice surprise. After a few weeks of pretty much boring updates with minor bug fixes, a big huge surprise comes with all this new stuff. Yay. It'll get me to play CSS for the first time since the battlefield 2 demo was released.

I hope they update the current CT model because it doesn't look at all like any of the CT models from 1.6, and if they're making multiple player models per side (they call the t model "Phoenix Connexion not terrorist now) then they should change the CT model since it's really a random mix. I can't wait for an updated GSG9 or whatever that one was that looked like a ninja and had no helmet (not the one in black with the gasmask, but the 4th one)

TheUnkillableDot said:
That new t model is lame. Why couldnt they have just kept the old one and added the new one as a second choice? Doesn't make much sense to me.

The style of the old one doesn't fit with the style of the CT models. The old one fit well with the first CT model, but those were rather cartoonish and not uber realistic.

halflifeguy said:
first off..........inmortal needs to change his avatar...
I've had it for longer so if anything you should change it ;)

Pesmerga said:
It's not bad enough that it looks ugly, but it's also harder to distinguish friend from foe now. Now I'm afraid to TK, and so I take that extra second to doublecheck, which is vital.
Yeah, from a distance they look just like CT's.
Did anyone notice lag on these servers. Every server I went on (5 last night) had lag. I blame the new update.

The secret room in Assualt is a room.....with a boot in it.

ray_MAN said:
Yeah, from a distance they look just like CT's.
Did anyone notice lag on these servers. Every server I went on (5 last night) had lag. I blame the new update.
Why don't we blame Valve?

Put filter on servers with <100 ping. You'll still get enough servers to choose from.

Another alightly annoying bug: Hostages have to jump to get across the railroad.

the new player models sucks...both the new t model and the resized ct model... I'm surprised they didn't rename the game to midget-strike... there's an explanation for the resize though, it's to prevent being able to see the top of the head over some of the boxes...unfortunately Valve screwed up and forgot to change the viewpoint(the one they made higher so that you could see over said boxes :rolleyes: ) so now you can still see over said boxes even though you will be completely hidden to the enemy...I can definitly see this causing some problems with certain maps...

also Assault pretty much sucks like always...except it's prettier. while a few things have been changed in favour of the cts...a whole slew of things have been changed to favour the terrors...

now all i need is sometihng more than a 4 meg ati rage pro pci and ill be happy.

Insane said:
Why don't we blame Valve?

Put filter on servers with <100 ping. You'll still get enough servers to choose from.
Nah, man. It's not that. I had a 45 ping and I was still lagging. Something with the update triggered some kind of lag.

ray_MAN said:
Nah, man. It's not that. I had a 45 ping and I was still lagging. Something with the update triggered some kind of lag.

I blame your computer being a pos. I got no lag at all.

My computer is a pos, but why is it that everyone lagged, but still maintained a fairly decent ping of around 50?

ray_MAN said:
My computer is a pos, but why is it that everyone lagged, but still maintained a fairly decent ping of around 50?

You borked your pc, thats all you need to know! :farmer:

Very good changes, I like the new poses and animations, it makes the game look more realistic. They still need to improve on the ragdolls though..

Apparently I'm the only person alive that thinks the new model looks excellent.

The map is stellar, as well. A fitting remake of my second-most-favorite CS map of all time. Now, Valve, do militia!

Why do the cts and now the ts hold their weapons like retards? specially when they run. Any ounce of realism that was left was ripped out when they remolled the players. The posture is so bad is laughable!

Ahhh im soo angry, the second i leave for my vacation in spain a sick new update comes out. :flame: I want to paly assault and see the new t model and new animations. Ahhhhh. Nice update though. :)

Ennui said:
Apparently I'm the only person alive that thinks the new model looks excellent.

The map is stellar, as well. A fitting remake of my second-most-favorite CS map of all time. Now, Valve, do militia!
The only problem is that they look too much like CT's. :eek:

ray_MAN said:
The only problem is that they look too much like CT's. :eek:
On one server, I got killed more by my teammates than by the enemy :/

does anyone else have there custom world model skins taken away by this update?
no longer can i look at a damn good world model of a weapon....just the crappy default ones by valve

I have problems with my custom player models now. When installed CS will lock up when loading a map

yadalogo said:
Ahhh im soo angry, the second i leave for my vacation in spain a sick new update comes out. :flame: I want to paly assault and see the new t model and new animations. Ahhhhh. Nice update though. :)

Ah, a new update, just when I came back from my vacations in Italy :D

Hmm... The new Ts look like they're on steroids. Other than that, pretty sweet update.

Back