Crispy gamer game of the decade poll... :o

[Matt]

Reaction score
Seems theres a huge poll ongoing over at crispygamer for game of the decade.

http://www.crispygamer.com/features/2009-12-10/game-of-the-decade-final-four.aspx

Its currently a match for the semi finals between World of Warcraft vs Halo. And also for the other semi final they have HL2 vs Super Smash Bros Melee. Right now WoW is winning the first semi final with ease but HL2 is failing miserably against super smash bros! Can you all help rectify the situation by spam voting for HL2? :imu:

hate to say it but half life 2 isn't even close to game of the decade for me. Out of those games Wow would prolly be my pick and I don't even play it.

>Halo
>World of Warcraft
>Game of the decade
>decade

I hate humanity.

Also I'd probably choose Deus Ex.

What's the ****ing point of having a "game of the decade" competition when most of the progressions made in overall playability and aesthetics occurred in the past decade?

>Halo
>World of Warcraft
>Game of the decade
>decade

I hate humanity.

Also I'd probably choose Deus Ex.

I demand to know why Starcraft is not there. It beats WoW and Halo, "hands down", as you say.

starcraft is gay, that's why...

Heretic. Burn in the everlasting darkness of the pits of forevermore.

I SAID BURN, HEATHEN, BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN

Never heard of this site but voted for Half-Life 2 (Halo and Super Smash Brothers got disqualified due to "cheating" fanbases).

Whatty Gamer? Crispy Whatter? Super What Brothwhat Whatee?

Never heard of this site.

The pitiful amount of votes makes it a bit pointless.

Everybody knows that this was the best game of the decade.

large_monopoly.jpg

HL2 is in the final round against WOW after they determined that users were spamming votes for SSB and Halo. Voted HL2 although I find it hard to care about this competition at all.

Heretic. Burn in the everlasting darkness of the pits of forevermore.

I SAID BURN, HEATHEN, BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN

I've always wondered... why do Koreans like starcraft so much?

Because it's the best strategy game ever made.

Also it came out more than a decade ago so why the hell is it being discussed in this thread?

Obsession. Or 15357 is Korean.

I've always wondered... why do Koreans like starcraft so much?

Well. That is a hard question.

For me, Starcraft is the ultimate social game. Everyone knows something about Starcraft, so it's easy to get a conversation going. When I'm with friends, we usually have a game of Starcraft. Even people who are in their 50s can play Starcraft pretty well, prolly better than me.

But what is it that makes it so attractive to us? Perhaps it's the gameplay concept. 3 races pitted to the death in an eternal struggle - a struggle to survive, to prevail, and to live. Much like our lives for the past few thousand years. Maybe we like the special balance of the game. I don't really know.

Since SC did come out in 98 - coming close to our new age of prosperity, maybe we needed something to have fun with. I'm sure there is an army of sociologists trying to figure out the reason for this.

Back