Crysis 2

Crysis 1 had one of the most misleading teasers and gameplay trailers I have ever seen.

I remember parts where the person would use maximum whatever, jump over a speeding car, and the speeding car would crash into another car.

I also remember the person using maximum speed, running past the enemies and and grabbing a NK's neck.

Of course, none of these things could be accomplished (or would be good idea to try to accomplish).

In the end, I spent most of my time in maximum armor and invisibility. The game play was boring as heck, the AI was even worst. The storyline? ****ing pathetic. From North Koreans to Aliens.

In the video, they say this is the most advanced AI ever.

Typing that made me lol really hard.

On another note, who thinks that was the 360 version shown? At the very least, that must be a GFWL game. 360 button prompts on screen, and he was controlling it with a gamepad.

It makes me wonder. Maybe the PC version will look even better.
It does. There have been several trailers to this effect.

i actually thought that last video looked pretty sweet. i'm digging the aliens in robot suits thing, and those big mechs look like fun. i'm interested to see how they implement the streamlined nanosuit abilities like strength.

i actually thought that last video looked pretty sweet. i'm digging the aliens in robot suits thing, and those big mechs look like fun. i'm interested to see how they implement the streamlined nanosuit abilities like strength.

I can bet my life that the storyline will be related to how the suits were initially made with alien technology or according to blue prints from the aliens Thus, the suits are compatible with the alien crap that will be available in the gameplay.

The E3 preview looked great and it did a great job in jolting my fascination for science fiction. Alien invasions may be an old cliche, bit it's one of my favorite topics in stories so that I can see different authors' interpretations of alien technology and their military methods. Unfortunately, I'm also concerned with how Crysis 2 will run on my PC. I tried out the demo, and even though I enjoyed it alot it was having trouble running on my PC at even an acceptable rate (despite that I upgraded merely a few months before). I'd like to try out a demo of Crysis 2 to see how it runs on my PC. The engine is suppose to be better optimized, but.....I don't know. Those graphics look so bitchin that I think it's blowing a raspberry at my PC everytime I view the E3 demo.

First multiplayer video. Cringeworthy to see console gamers trying to play this, that slow aiming and their incredibly slow reaction time is hilarious. Other than that, looks alright. Sounds quality seems way improved!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZNJO_UIC4

Looks like Call of Duty type gameplay. No real strategy, just run around and shoot everything. Also, that invisible knife thing will get annoying real fast.

First multiplayer video. Cringeworthy to see console gamers trying to play this, that slow aiming and their incredibly slow reaction time is hilarious. Other than that, looks alright. Sounds quality seems way improved!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZNJO_UIC4

i think by specifically saying just console players, you mean new players, but i know you wear the blinders that entail you to be as bitter towards consoles whenever you can, so whatever. eh what do i care, you think this looks alright so... ha ha.

looks like total garbage, as expected.

that slow aiming and their incredibly slow reaction time is hilarious.

To be fair, I've run into PC gamers with just as bad reaction times in FPSes, in my eyes it really is generally all about the controller, this was obvious on the Dreamcast when I played FPSes on it online(Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 on it supported keyboard+mouse as well as the regular Dreamcast joypad.)

Looks horrendous.
No kidding. I don't know if it was just the people playing, but that was one of the least dynamic and interesting combat sequences I've seen in a multiplayer shooter in a long time.

i wouldnt say horrendous maybe a bit too strong :p

but yeah not good :|

No kidding. I don't know if it was just the people playing, but that was one of the least dynamic and interesting combat sequences I've seen in a multiplayer shooter in a long time.

i wouldnt say horrendous maybe a bit too strong :p

but yeah not good :|

Its evident in the gameplay video that it borrowed from MW2 mp. Looks quite a bit like it.

ew, console made that last video look horrible. i was noticing ugly graphics everywhere, which should be the least of CryTek's worries with their games. i'm also disappointed in their attempt to spruce up the game with their "choreographed sandbox" bit. oh, you mean you scripted a sequence, then let the player handle said sequence, and then scripted ANOTHER sequence afterward? ZOMG REVOLUTIONARY.

This looks way too confined compared to the original game. You even notice it in the multiplayer demo. Even though the first game was scripted, the environments were huge and you had several ways of approaching a task. The jungle and snow setting actually complimented the game's visuals. This urban setting just doesn't gell well with its visuals. Of all the interesting places in the world, they had to go with something as overrated, overdone and uninspired as NYC. Yay! Drab colors all over the place.

But you get to watch real full-scale recreations of actual boring NYC concrete faces explode!

The building was coming down... There's no use in everybody dying...

I don't care what you guys think, I'm hyped for this. I think it looks cool. And from what they said it may be a bit more Fallout 3 style sandbox? I think that would be awesome to play with in the nanosuit.

I haven't heard anything about it being more Fallout 3 style sandbox.

Feel free to point me to where they indicate it will be more sandbox than Crysis 1?

After the first play session last night I have to say the graphics are disappointing, looks like FEAR 1.

*insert generic superior pc master race comment here*

Then again from the videos i've seen earlier graphically this game aint looking to hot =/

I thought that looked pretty good. Given a few minutes of gameplay, apparently from a console and presumably compressed for the Internet (?), I saw fun gameplay, good graphics, and a storyline that looks entertaining. It's not enough to draw a full conclusion with, but if that clip is an indication of how the bulk of the game will be, I'd consider buying it.

youtube comment said:
lol'd The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die.
same? music as Duke Nukem Forever. Shame.

Hahah, I thought it sounded familiar.

It looks unbalanced as hell.

Seriously. Like we weren't already sick of hearing it after seeing the Scott Pilgrim trailer for the fiftieth time.

Edit: Yeah, optic camo looks a bit OP, and those dudes were going down with single shots like CoD or something. What's the point of that body armor, again?

Seriously. Like we weren't already sick of hearing it after seeing the Scott Pilgrim trailer for the fiftieth time.

Edit: Yeah, optic camo looks a bit OP, and those dudes were going down with single shots like CoD or something. What's the point of that body armor, again?

Its not their fault you watched the Scott Pilgrim trailer fifty times. Weirdo. Also, what does OP mean in this context? Over powered?

Really unimpressed having played the demo for around an hour on my 360 yesterday, well more I think 1 hour and 30 minutes or so.

Back