Crysis 2

I cant wait for this game! What sucks tho is that the cryengine 3 is worse than cryengine 2 due to it being optimized for consoles. Lets hope that the PC version wont have these downgrades.

Comparison (pause and read the notes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJG14uLA3k

Wow is it me or does the cryengine 3 look really bad compared to cryengine 2. It should have been pc exclusive !!!! Stupid crytek . Man im so mad.

they probably don't want all the "oh it wont run well on my pc" bs. So now they'll get another type of bs.

I just can't seem to get myself excited over this.

I installed crysis not too long ago to replay it, I had forgotten how amazing the game looks. Why haven't more companies used the engine?

I installed crysis not too long ago to replay it, I had forgotten how amazing the game looks. Why haven't more companies used the engine?

Probably because its expensive as dick.

So the first two videos show the suit, and the suit only, which looks like the suit from the first game...

I don't get it.

So the first two videos show the suit, and the suit only, which looks like the suit from the first game...

I don't get it.
It's a teaser. Basically saying that Crysis 2 is coming. Nothing to see really.

I'm pretty pissed though after watching that video comparing CE2 and CE3. That's ridiculous.

I'm pretty pissed though after watching that video comparing CE2 and CE3. That's ridiculous.
The CE3 footage is from PS3 and XBOX 360, not PC.

The video is comparing CE2 on the PC to CE3 on the consoles.

It's really just meant to show that they got a version of Cryengine 2 running on the consoles. I honestly doubt that it will look worse maxed on a PC. It will most likely look the same but run better.

I cant wait for this game! What sucks tho is that the cryengine 3 is worse than cryengine 2 due to it being optimized for consoles. Lets hope that the PC version wont have these downgrades.

Agreed.

It's really just meant to show that they got a version of Cryengine 2 running on the consoles. I honestly doubt that it will look worse maxed on a PC. It will most likely look the same but run better.

so ce3 is optimized for console and they will reuse ce2 for crysis 2 on the pc?

It's going to suck.

No, they created a game engine that was ahead of its time - if anything - so it wouldn't make any sense that, roughly a year later, they would scrap all that hard work by making their engine limited. So, if the PC version of CryEngine3 was stripped down... I wouldn't believe it unless they said it. They can always add advanced graphic options to allow the user to turn features off.

FYI Crysis: Warhead was made by Crytek Hungary, whereas Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 are both being made by Crytek(the original company).

Crytek Warhead was utter shit.

Bring on another Crysis, I'd love that

Its quite possible that the so-called "CryEngine 3" is actually whatever engine that Free Radical (Now Crytek UK GmbH) were working on for TS4 that has been tinkered with by some clever Germans so they can break into the cosole market without having to develop a lesser engine. IIRC it only appeared after the aquisition of FR by Crytek

Well although overrated I did enjoy crysis so I'm sure I'll play this. Again though I expect nothing revolutionary.

Good thing. I enjoyed both games immensely, am down for a third.

I enjoyed Crysis and Crysis Warhead, but they are vastly overrated IMO, especially amongst PC elitists.

The games had decent design and beautiful graphics, but they weren't the second coming of Christ on the PC, like many PC fanboys make'em out to be.

I enjoyed Crysis and Crysis Warhead, but they are vastly overrated IMO, especially amongst PC elitists.

The games had decent design and beautiful graphics, but they weren't the second coming of Christ on the PC, like many PC fanboys make'em out to be.

Er...the game was being bashed pretty heavily when it came out. The graphics were the only thing where everybody was blown away.

Er...the game was being bashed pretty heavily when it came out. The graphics were the only thing where everybody was blown away.

I'm talking overrated from a gaming journalistic perspective, with it getting very high ratings from all the big game reviewers that 'mattered' to the casual gamers.

I really liked the original, hopefully they'll keep the core gameplay and fix the flaws it had. I also hope they keep the same/even better graphics for PC, ignoring all hate they get about system requirements.
AND NO MORE ALIENS

Never had any interest in playing the first one because tbh, to me it just seemed like just another mediocre shooter with pretty graphics.

Anyone who says shit like this is just trolling, plain and simple.

Crysis got massive shit from reviewers everywhere (many of the scores are as a result of graphics alone, and many blog-reviewers gave it a poor rating) for being a game with pretty graphics and poor gameplay. Many gamers, however, like myself (and many big-name reviewers), loved the gameplay. It was a fusion between sandbox and linear, I loved the shooting mechanics and the suit, and I thought the combat was just in general very well done.

Some honestly didn't like the gameplay (like Saturos) and that's fine - everyone likes different stuff. I thought Warhead flowed much better than Crysis, but soulslicer hated Warhead. But to make such a generalized, Anti-PC comment is just massively ignorant. There's no need to be a trolling dickhead.

If you honestly didn't like it, then like I said - that's fine. Just don't be a cock and try to start an argument over "PC ELITIST FANBOYZ LOL IM SO CREATIVE".

Oh come on it was true, some people where saying this was the biggest PC game since HL2 FFS :flame:

And BTW I enjoyed crysis and warhead but it was MASSIVELY overrated.

Oh come on it was true, some people where saying this was the biggest PC game since HL2 FFS :flame:
That is up to personal opinion, but I'd say Crysis is deserving of such praise, unless I misunderstood what you meant by "biggest".

And BTW I enjoyed crysis and warhead but it was MASSIVELY overrated.
I wouldn't say overrated. Crysis, according to metacritic, has an average review score of 91, while Warhead has an average score of 84.

I found that the only things Crysis lacked in were story and presentation. The gameplay was fun and varied, and obviously the graphics and physics were great. Crytek tried to improve the story and presentation in Warhead, but it was a bit of a miss, though I thought it was somewhat of an improvement regardless.

Umm... HL2 had brilliant pacing, atmosphere, story and setting. Crysis had none of those and had boring and plain unlikable characters in some cases. Also I really couldn't care less what the reviewers gave it as they are the ones I am criticising here.

As for the gameplay, I thought crysis was fun but not much more than any other decent FPS which brings nothing new to the table. The open world has been done before and the idea behind the suit has been done before. This leaves crysis' last selling point: its graphics which yes are amazing. Really to compare it to HL is nearly shameful which yes maybe hasn't got the best shooting mechanics ever but it makes up for it by being one of the best worlds seen in gaming ever. Crysis is just a shooter.

The only things I liked about crysis were the physics and graphics. I mean, honestly, those kind of were the only thing going for it.

Umm... HL2 had brilliant pacing, atmosphere, story and setting. Crysis had none of those and had boring and plain unlikable characters in some cases. Also I really couldn't care less what the reviewers gave it as they are the ones I am criticising here.
I think you misunderstood why I posted the review averages. I wasn't trying to refute your point about Crysis being overrated by pointing out that it was reviewed highly, but rather that it was reviewed lower than Half-Life 2 (96). I did make that a bit unclear - sorry.

As for the gameplay, I thought crysis was fun but not much more than any other decent FPS which brings nothing new to the table. The open world has been done before and the idea behind the suit has been done before. This leaves crysis' last selling point: its graphics which yes are amazing. Really to compare it to HL is nearly shameful which yes maybe hasn't got the best shooting mechanics ever but it makes up for it by being one of the best worlds seen in gaming ever. Crysis is just a shooter.

Crysis may not do anything completely new with regards to gameplay mechanics, but the exact approaches taken with how the suit functions, how the weapons are customized, and how the levels are progressed through are something different and contribute to a whole that is unique. Besides, a game doesn't have to be revolutionary to be great; many of the ideas used in HL2 have likely been used before in some form, but that doesn't make HL2 any less fantastic.

You also stated that shooting mechanics in HL2 are not one of its strong points (I've heard this a lot, and I actually disagree with it), but makes up for it with the whole of the game world (story, presentation, etc.), whereas Crysis is likely the exact opposite.

All that considered, I don't think that giving Crysis a 91 (on average), which is 5 lower than what HL2 got, is really all that overrated. I would personally give Crysis something around 85 or so.

I do understand that all of this is still subject to personal opinion, though. And just to clarify, I do like the Half-Life series a lot more, because I also strongly value the things you mentioned (pacing, atmosphere, story and setting).

Well, Half Life 2 is like a art movie or a interactive novel. Game mechanics are not very good but story and presentation are superb.

i dare anyone to find me a game which has better combat mechanics and AI. it's not revolutionary but it's a damn good game when you want some plain old action. just like an action movie...try not to think too much.

personally HL2 disappointed me in certain departments. AI was nonexistent. even HL1 had better AI. the physics engine was chronically unused. and the weapon sounds were pathetic.
yes it has a decent story and narrative.

gtfoavl.gif

Meh, I liked Crysis. Looked amazing, was fun and the open maps + the nano suit made for multiple ways to infiltrate and destroy.

Not my favorite game though, still liked it.

i dare anyone to find me a game which has better combat mechanics and AI. it's not revolutionary but it's a damn good game when you want some plain old action. just like an action movie...try not to think too much.

personally HL2 disappointed me in certain departments. AI was nonexistent. even HL1 had better AI. the physics engine was chronically unused. and the weapon sounds were pathetic.
yes it has a decent story and narrative.

The f**K?

HL2 uses physics more than pretty much any game before or since. GTFO troll.

Back