Crysis news/info thread

Face it, watching a good CG move (such as Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within for example), is far more immersive than watching good cartoon (for lack of a better comparison). While both are generally computer generated, one is much more easy on the eyes to believe it's actual reality.

It's all relative man, I found The Lion King just as immersive and beleivable as Final Fantasy when it came out.

Wait. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you're playing the game, you're not going to see the nanosuit anyways seeing as it's a FPS. So what's the big deal about the nano-suit? Or are people seriously just not enjoying the idea of the near super-powers the suit grants the player?

However, Halo also had great combat (best yet I think) but they didn't really succeed making it a good game overall. Hopefully Crytek can implement the great combat into a good overall game.

And the reason it wasn't a very good game overall is because combat doesn't hold it's own throughout an entire game. You can't base a game around it and expect to come out tops. There's so many layers to gameplay and from what I've seen Cytek think it's jolly alright to just throw useless cack like nano-suits and custom-thingy weapons. These things are just superficial.

Did you want to stay here? You are supposed to be banned anyway, so it'll be no trouble.

Anyone who says Crysis doesn't look awesome is just being stupid.

As for if it's a good game, well I found FarCry a lot of fun till you got swarmed with stupid Trigens. Good maps, seemless indoor/outdoor interaction. I'm sure I'll like this game even if it doesn't live up to expectations.

It's all relative man, I found The Lion King just as immersive and beleivable as Final Fantasy when it came out.

I see what you mean. I guess the point I was trying to make was: Is it as visually believable?

While I'll be upgrading my system for Crysis alone and I definitely think its gonna be one of the greater games of 07. I must admit that the AI looks incredibly stupid compared to what I saw in FarCry.

Don't much care. Crysis might look great but I honestly doubt it'll be up to much in the end. We shall see... *retreats back into the shadows*

Anyone who says Crysis doesn't look awesome is just being stupid.

As for if it's a good game, well I found FarCry a lot of fun till you got swarmed with stupid Trigens. Good maps, seemless indoor/outdoor interaction. I'm sure I'll like this game even if it doesn't live up to expectations.

The graphics looks awesome, yes, but that is just one side of the coin. Honestly, the art direction really doesn't interest me. And that is just as important as graphics in the visual department. It interests you in the gameworld. That is just my opinion anyway.

After having watched the latest video, I can firmly say that this will be one of the greatest, if not the greatest fps ever made. What we're seeing is just the tip of the ice burg. Wait till they throw in ****ing aliens the size of cincinnati that shoot stuff out of their ass. This game has got me pumped beyond all others.

After having watched the latest video, I can firmly say that this will be one of the greatest, if not the greatest fps ever made. What we're seeing is just the tip of the ice burg. Wait till they throw in ****ing aliens the size of cincinnati that shoot stuff out of their ass. This game has got me pumped beyond all others.

That's, I dunno, a bit presumptious don't you think?

Talking tripe much?

Face it, watching a good CG move (such as Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within for example), is far more immersive than watching good cartoon (for lack of a better comparison). While both are generally computer generated, one is much more easy on the eyes to believe it's actual reality.

Pish posh, its all direction. I've been more immersed watching Samurai Jack than that shitty movie.

Seriously that film sucked.

New Dx10 trailer with snippets of new footage.

http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/694/694190/vid_1890288.html

o.m.g

More amazing stuff.

Pish posh, its all direction. I've been more immersed watching Samurai Jack than that shitty movie.

Seriously that film sucked.

I'm talking about VISUALY. I'd have to guess that your saying that the movies story was "shitty". The "story sucking" has absolutely nothing to do with how real the characters look, and how visually immersing it is.

Those movies are just examples. You completely missed the point.

Fact is, you ladies wouldn't be bitching about the gameplay if it didn't look so ****ing good.

I agree 110%
New Dx10 trailer with snippets of new footage.

http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/694/694190/vid_1890288.html

o.m.g

O.M.G !!!!

Fact is, you ladies wouldn't be bitching about the gameplay if it didn't look so ****ing good.

QFT! The trees, destructible environments, nano suit, team based MP put that all on FarCry or HL2 graphics and Id still buy it!

New trailer shows off some of the great things. But man i cant wait to see the spaceship and play in ZERO G. Not to mention seeing tornadoes, earthquakes etc. Hope they dont cut that from the game.

There's some HD versions of that new trailer being hosted at incrysis.

I'm actually starting to really look forward to this.

Even if it just turns out to be a tech demo for things to come.

Simply looks amazing.

So, so wrong.

The thing is Samon some of us (including me) would still like this game even if it did turn out to be just a polished version of Far Cry.

So, so wrong.

Present company excepted, of course - you complain about everything :p

But the fact that this game has the most amazing visuals ever created does naturally lead people on to, 'what if it doesn't play well?'. It's a fair point.

This game has gameplay mechanics never before seen in an FPS, and I reckon people should think twice before disregarding the gameplay side of crysis. There have been no reviews, the previews have been positive, and all you guys have seen of the gameplay are sketchy godmode videos of a game that was still in beta. I think you're being a little premature.

Cevat Yerli said:
We want the suit to really encourage different ways to play but the last thing we want to do is make you an invincible superhero. The goal is more Six Million Dollar Man rather than Superman.

all you guys have seen of the gameplay are sketchy godmode videos of a game that was still in beta.

The game is still in pre-alpha stage actually. Crytek is nearing Alpha though.

Heh, I just encountered a guy who's working at Crytek, he's a german and graduated a game dev education a few months ago or so, hangs on QNet(IRC server), tried to squeeze some info out of him about performance but he said they're still in early stages of optimization so it's hard to tell :\

Arse, if Ep2 slips again there'll be nothing new to play this quarter D:

*checks bioshock date*

The new video is pretty nice, still considering where it's at in production. I can't wait to see a similar video where all the small glitches and junk is smoothed out a bit.

Also, did anyone else catch a glimpse at that MONSTROUS sea creature in the beginning parts of the video (and possibly the game, a la Metal Gear Solid) where the character is swimming for the island. I'd just like to see that move around in front of me -- it would probably look really impressive.

Monstrous sea creature? you mean the shark :p, the other bits at the start are a night time skydive with nightvision, hence the green visor.

Which trailer has the shark?

EDIT: Nevermind, not as impressive as I first thought it to be.

oh behave

:angel:

Also, did anyone else catch a glimpse at that MONSTROUS sea creature in the beginning parts of the video (and possibly the game, a la Metal Gear Solid) where the character is swimming for the island. I'd just like to see that move around in front of me -- it would probably look really impressive.

I was expecting a truly Jaws-size Shark roaming the waters. The game would instantly hit it big in my books. But it failed.

Stunning.

Gameplay or not, the artwork and visualisation that has gone into this is easily worth the price on it's own, at least to designerists like me anyway. Expect to see more tentacle machines and biosuit cash-ins than you can shake a stick at over the next few years - stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, we are witnessing another sci-fi culture benchmark in the making.

Back