CS:CZ will come out after HL2

djkanuk

Reaction score
Planethalflife says that Amazon have put a Oct 30 release date for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, which means one month after HL2 (assuming both make their release dates).

Has Valve dropped the ball here? Will anyone want to play a single-player version of Counter-Strike on the old HL engine once they've seen what HL2 can do? This game should have come out a year ago, or not at all.

Do you think HL2 will beat CS:CZ's release date, or will it too be delayed? (noooo....!)

EDIT- Just checked the Amazon link, and it says Oct 1! Which basically means the same day as HL2. Surely not.

Half Life 2 is out on 30th September.....no later....

and Valve aren't involved with CZ.....

they can put CS:CZ into dah trashcan.. it has no use of still releasing it

Amazon don't get to decide the release date. This is simply their 'best guess'.

:cheese:

From Condition Zero website:
©2003 Valve, L.L.C. All rights reserved. Valve, the Valve logo, Counter-Strike, the Counter-Strike logo and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve, L.L.C.
Valve are still the 'owners' of Condition Zero, even though they've farmed out the actual development to Ritual (after Gearbox, etc). They'll also have a strong say, if not the final word, in its release date. Sierra is also the publisher of both HL2 and CS:CZ. So, I'd bet they won't release both at the same time. Hard to say, tho.

well, it's a headline on the main page now...i hope it's just amazon's mistake.

amazon.co.uk still has the original release date :O

Hmmm... that's whack. Let's hope Amazon are just being cautious (wary of Valve's poor reputation for making release dates) to avoid the wrath of customers. But game publishers usually consult with major retailers like Amazon for pre-release orders, so it's hard to say.
I think, tho, that Valve have learned their lesson, which is why they only announced HL2 once they were nearly ready with it, so they could be sure to make the release date.

Half Life 2 will be released on 30th of September 2003..... exactly 5 years after the origanal.....and although we aren't talking about TF2 I believe it was always Valve's intention to release TF2 5 years later....when they had the right technology to do what they want..

Back