CS:GO "Halloween Mask-erade" Update Released

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
While Team Fortress 2 fans are now able to check out the game's five previous Halloween events with "Scream Fortress Classic", Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players can already get started with this year's festivities with the recently released "Halloween Mask-erade" update.

Halloween.png

As the name and the linked image suggest, this year's CS:GO Halloween update focuses on the temporary introduction of themed masks. Each player will now be randomly assigned one of a number of masks at the beginning of a round, with designs ranging from paper masks featuring the faces of Team Fortress 2's cast, pumpkins, coloured animal disguises, and even a few clown designs more commonly seen covering the mugs of Payday: The Heist's cast.

Don't fret, however, as masks are not classified as cosmetic items and cannot be manually equipped, meaning they will only last as long as this year's Halloween update (or as long as a server has the new "sv_holiday_mode" command set to 1).

Lucky players (or unlucky, depending how you look at it) may be able to spot the ghostly figures of fallen teammates during freeze cameras after being killed, while shooting chickens will now cause them to be slowly resurrected from "Chicken Hell" as green zombies that will continue to shuffle around the battlefield before being killed once more.

Numerous other changes for Mirage and Inferno were also included with this week's update, so be sure to check out the full changelog if you're interested in finding out more about where that pesky boiler has run off to.

Give it one more year.

I see it as Valve just being kind of playful with their games. From what I seen, the community doesn't seem to mind a whole lot, because it's just vavle being festive and it's not permanent. Don't get me started on the music though ughh

Back