Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, over the past few months, since the release of ctf_well, I had an idea for another re-make of a level using a different gamemode.

I think ctf_dustbowl would be a great idea, let me explain. All 3 stages are combined to make one, creating a huge map. BLU's main base down in the underground is where BLU spawn and RED spawn at the rocket all the way in Stage 3. RED's intelligence is located on the cp underneith the rocket, and BLU's is either located in the small shed outside of the respawn or in one of the buildings in that area (possible the first cp). Then each time has to have a massive, long assault on the enemy base, meaning the game will last longer than usual, then they must make their way back. With the massive area that dustbowl has, it would be excellent for sentry ambushes. All other spawn points are either locked or some can could be used for a quick boost of health and ammo.

I think ctf_dustbowl is a great idea and Valve should consider making it. Vote whether or not it is a good idea. ONLY, after reading the previous paragraph.

DISCUSS!!

All 3 stages are combined to make one, creating a huge map.

Auto-Fail. CTF maps should never be incredibly large. It would take the team too long to break the defence, collect the intel, and make it out alive in order to capture it.

Nicky said:
RED's intelligence is located on the cp underneith the rocket, and BLU's is either located in the small shed outside of the respawn or in one of the buildings in that area (possible the first cp).

CTF maps should always be symmetrical. This makes it easier to understand the layout and it also keeps the map fair for each teams.

I don't understand the logic behind this idea. Just because Valve released a CTF version of Well, which was originally a CTF map anyway, I don't see why Dustbowl would be a good idea considering that the layout is linear.

The only map I can see being newly turned into a ctf is Badlands. But then again, what about cp_2fort?

Dun Dun DUNNNNN!!!

Dustbowl would be Okay if was made drastically smaller, but Nib has a point, badlands would make a good CTF map.

Yeh, but I havnt done it in a while so I feel entitled to do it.

Then something's wrong with you if you can't resist the urge to post threads.

Yeah...

No.

Needs symmetry, needs... Ah, it just wouldn't work. CTF Granary would work, I reckon.

It would be cool if there was one flag in teh middle of the map, and each time someone capped the flag it would move on to the next stage. Like, one team defends the flag, while the other one tries to get it.

Naw.

Then something's wrong with you if you can't resist the urge to post threads.

No, I feel entitled to put 'DISCUSS' at the end of my thread opening posts, since I havnt done it in a while...

it would be cool with the ctf on dustbowl, but they should do it like in tfc, with a flag and have it start out in their base.. or it could be a bomb or something..

pl_dustbowl would be good.

And has a massive possibility for Valve to make that as their next re-make.
As they've said it is a similar layout to Dustbowl, with 3 stages and Cps in between. It would be brilliant...

The cart starts off in that small canyon where BLU spawn and move up the track to one of the hallways where one of those strange, smaller Cps (seen in Goldrush) are blocking the door waiting to be captured. Then the cart moves into the second CP area where it passes the large building noramlly with a CP in it and continues to move towards the large empty area behind the resupply, where it goes down one of those small lifts. End round.

Then the cart starts off in the small trench seperating the two teams. Moving forwards towards the large arch which seperates out, where another CP sits waiting for capture. Then the cart moves round and underneith the building towards the normal CP, where the wooden stand is. The wooden stand is replaced with a small lift where the Cart rests at the end of the round. End round.

The cart starts inside the large building where BLU rush out of and heads up towards the corridor where the massive stalemates always happen. A CP sits just between both walls. The cart then moves through the corridor towards the rocket, where it explodes, destroying the rocket and RED base, using all that fancy cinematic physics in the process. End game.

well already feels a bit too big bland for ctf...dust bowl would be even worse, not to mention dustbowl is my least favourite map to begin with.

also I'd rather see totally new maps rather than rehashes.

Re-releases are good because you get a new gamemode with a slightly different experience but in an environment that you know and love. Also, it doesnt take months for release, as they only have to change several aspects of a level instead of creating a whole new map such as Badlands or Goldrush.

Auto-Fail. CTF maps should never be incredibly large. It would take the team too long to break the defence, collect the intel, and make it out alive in order to capture it.

I find well too large.

Back