Danish Muhammad cartoon

i meant nude.
cause it's offending. you don't care if they draw jesus having fun in front of nude women, but muslims do, worse when it's muhammed.

jerkasaur said:
i meant nude.
cause it's offending. you don't care if they draw jesus having fun in front of nude women, but muslims do, worse when it's muhammed.

I can't control, nor do I have a desire to control what people will draw to amuse themselves or to offend others Can't you just shrug your shoulders and say "**** them" and not worry about it?

i meant nude.
jerkasaur; would it be ok for you to describe this cartoon as fully as possible. Im trying to work out which one of the twelve it is exactly

gotta second that, i dont see any of the 12 cartoons having the prophet Muhammed with naked women or something close to that.
You sure it isnt part of those "Extra cartoons" which that Danish Imam made to "make it worse"?

thats so sad :p "Freedom fries"
Everytime i hear that i have to think of Mel Gibson in Braveheart : "freeeeeeeeedooooommmm".
:p

But he's hilarious! :D Seriously though, who gets offended by a naked Jesus? Ever watched Drawn together where God was flicking Dicks that came in through those glory holes at the end of the show?

Where were the riots then?

jerkasaur said:
however, i still do not agree with the danish cartoonist, drawing a prophit in front front of nue women, is not, in my opinion, "freedom of speech".

I suggest you look up the meaning of freedom of speech, my friend. Also, what 'nude women'? I think in Iran they may have been showing you some different cartoons to the ones we've been seeing....

Also, at the risk of going over ground already covered millions of times already this thread, there is no such thing as the right not to be offended. As far as i'm concerned, the only limit that should be placed on freedom of speech is to stop people directly inciting violence. If you dont like the cartoons THEN DONT LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kirovman said:
Mel Gibson is a nutter!

his father is nuttier

"They claimed that there were 6.2 million in Poland before the war, and they claimed after the war there were 200,000 - therefore he must have killed 6 million of them," he said. "They simply got up and left! They were all over the Bronx and Brooklyn and Sydney, Australia, and Los Angeles.

It's (the holocaust) all - maybe not all fiction - but most of it is," he said"

CptStern said:
yes but they're not comparable because the publishing of those cartoons led to the deaths of real people ...the christian thing was an ad in a video game magazine and the only people offended were non-gamers concerned of undue influence on kids ..btw could you link to the thread ..I find it odd that I'd say they didnt have a right to be offended ..I do recall thinking it was silly of them to be offended.

I think many of you are misunderstanding me when I say the "freedom of speech" was a bullshit excuse ...I didnt mean that freedom of speech doesnt apply to this situation ..what I meant was that they cant use freedom of speech to justify their actions when in the past they purposefully avoided publishing material that would offend the predominant religion in that country ...they had no such qualms about the minority group. Again I'd like to point out that there is a strong anti-muslim/anti-immigrant movement in denmark ..they could just be pandering to the masses

edit: Erestheux: the same newspaper that published the muslim cartoons refused to publish cartoons about jesus because they felt it might offend people. Oh and christians are just as capable of violence as anyone else

I'd also like to point out that the people who react violently are NOT the norm ..it's like everyone who protested the war is a criminal because a small group of them committed crimes during the protests

usually stern I agree with you, but you ****ing dropped the ball on this one.

you do have a double standard when you say the video-game deal isn't comparable, because they are. the fact that people have died due to the mohammed cartoons doesn't make the publishing of them any more wrong, in fact you're laying the blame the wrong place. the blame should be on the ****head fundementalist that goes around killing people over this, not the newspaper that published the cartoons, they didn't kill anyone. what you're saying is like saying that if you somehow offended me and I went on a killing spree, that you shouldn't have said that, rather than saying that I shouldn't have gone on a killing spree.

also it seems you didn't read that article properly...first of the jesus cartoon thing happened 3 years earlier...secondly it wasn't the same editor in charge back then...the **** head cartoonist even says that, and then in the end goes:

"Perhaps explaining my story of three years ago in its proper context at least won't make matters any worse," he said. "Perhaps ignoring it may be better."

what a ****ing idiot...he's obviously an attention whore... and he just disproved the thing he first said, seeing as someone as intelligent as you stern seemed to miss the point(that the guy is an attentin whore) do you really think that these ****heads who burns buildings and what not will get it? but he's certainly right on the last part, so he should shut up.

saying that the newspaper is being hypocritical because a previous editor didn't choose to publish jesus cartoons, is like saying that Bush should be held responsible for Americas past slavery. also the newspaper isn't pandering to the masses, they're not anti muslim last time I checked.

keep reading the thread ..I mention all of that several times ..especially the 3 yr thing

CptStern said:
his father is nuttier

"They claimed that there were 6.2 million in Poland before the war, and they claimed after the war there were 200,000 - therefore he must have killed 6 million of them," he said. "They simply got up and left! They were all over the Bronx and Brooklyn and Sydney, Australia, and Los Angeles.

It's (the holocaust) all - maybe not all fiction - but most of it is," he said"

Wow what the ****. Mel Gibson's dad is a ****ing lunatic.

And for the record, I think Passion of the Christ was a great movie... and I don't believe it promotes anti-semitism. There are jewish leaders out there too, though less spoken that believe it doesn't as well.

Jesus was jewish too... I find it hard to be an anti semitic movie. It'd be like any movie where one ethnicity kills their own kind, and people call it anti- whatever. Stupid. There's bad people and good people. Not Jewish people and non jewish people in passion.

No1_sonuk said:
They describe themselves as Muslims.
Muslims protect them.
Muslims celebrate when they act.
Muslims don't try to stop them.

These are the facts!

Shut your mouth you ignorant moron.

Back