Dark Carnival Campaign Due 4th to 6th Sept

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]Steam is reporting that the third of five campaigns for Left for Dead 2 will be shown at the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in early September.[br]The third campaign we'll see, after seeing "The Parish" at E3 and "Swamp Fever" at Comic Con, will be "Dark Carnival". It will be shown off in the Valve booth and the Microsoft Xbox 360 booth. Excitingly we'll see different areas of the game in each location which means: more new media for us!
In addition to the new campaign, Valve is also planning to unveil a few more of the 20-plus new items coming this November when the title launches worldwide on the Xbox 360 and PC. For more information, please visit www.l4d.com
For the original news post head here.

Sounds awesome, wonder what the fourth will be?

There will be not 4 but 5 campains in l4d2... and I believe the next 2 campains will remain kind of the tease until the game releases... ;D

I'm waiting for the pre order to be on steam ^^

Holy shi, holy shi holy shi! Clown zombies. Damn. That is a really good idea. I PRAY that Valve somehow manage to make this campaign the creepiest with a very appropiate selection of music and such.

Let's look at this newspost. Proper spelling and grammar, relevant picture, informative, and it's something people actually care about. Nobody's asking what the hell is going on, nobody's embarassed about having it on the front page. THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE

Chris is a man of many talents, including painting and decorating. (But I did add the picture that I found on Valve's FTP...shhh!)

Clown zombies...ok now I'm boycotting.

Chris is a man of many talents, including painting and decorating. (But I did add the picture that I found on Valve's FTP...shhh!)

Clown zombies...ok now I'm boycotting.

:O

:angry:

Edit: Damn why does that screenshot look so appealing to me? I wonder if that's the 360 or PC version?

Ok I'm convinced now, I'm buying it, hehe. Not only did they put in the Carnival but the clowns too:

it-clown.jpg

I think the other odd idea was that the elephants and other circus animals were infected too. In the L4D world though, the only animals you see are dead. Hopefully they put in carnies too.

Hool is onboard! Is that an ordinary clown or a zombie? I seriously can't tell.

I don't think people realise that Glenn is the mastermind behind the L4D2 boycott. You should hear him drone on endlessly about the lack of free this, free that - it's always I want, I want, I want with Glenn. Nothing is ever good enough. Heaven knows Gabe has tried to appease him. I have tried to appease him. In more ways than one. But he still thinks he has some unwritten ownership over that which he was supposedly promised. Suffice to say, he'll buy it for the zombie clowns.

Really what a knob. What a facade.

Is that an ordinary clown or a zombie? I seriously can't tell.

That, my good man, is Toxic-looooooooooooooooooove.

hexxus.jpg

I remember that movie. I hated it.

EDIT: But I did have to youtube Toxic Love. That was a good song.

To be honest Samon, in almost every review of L4D they cited a lack of content and a $50 price tag to go with it. L4D 2 only has 1 more campaign in an act to appease reviewers but that is like just getting the job done. This time it has the new mode and stuff that is really making it look like a sequel. My only fear is that L4D will not be fun anymore. Who would want to play the corner camping L4D when you can play the Director 2.0 L4D 2?

Yeah I'm going to drive a "clunker" and not trade it in for a brand new car. It's like that analogy basically.

*Valve is releasing stuff for L4D as well so they are following their word.

Your honesty touches me. Thank you. And that analogy. OIL AND GRIME. AND NOXIOUS MUCK. SLIME BENEATH ME. SLIME UP ABOVE.

I don't actually want to veer into that whole L4D2 boycott argument - it's very much 'been there, done that'.

Let's look at this newspost. Proper spelling and grammar, relevant picture, informative, and it's something people actually care about. Nobody's asking what the hell is going on, nobody's embarassed about having it on the front page. THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE
Why, thank you!

I don't think people realise that Glenn is the mastermind behind the L4D2 boycott. You should hear him drone on endlessly about the lack of free this, free that - it's always I want, I want, I want with Glenn. Nothing is ever good enough. Heaven knows Gabe has tried to appease him. I have tried to appease him. In more ways than one. But he still thinks he has some unwritten ownership over that which he was supposedly promised. Suffice to say, he'll buy it for the zombie clowns.

Really what a knob. What a facade.

That, my good man, is Toxic-looooooooooooooooooove.

hexxus.jpg

WAIT! OH GOD! NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD! I REMEMBER... IT'S... FERN GULLY! Jesus christ Samon when I saw that (badass) picture my brain randomly kicked into overdrive to remember what it was. No way man, of all things, I seriously can't believe I remember that... must've been like 4 or 5 when I first watched it.

I'm a kid at heart.

Edit: Tim Curry sings his voice?!!! This is all too crazy. Just googled Tim. As soon as I saw his face, I immediately recognised him as Long John Silver out of Muppet Treasure Island. This is definetly one of my prime nostalgic moments. I need to get a grip.

clown zombie, that's some george a romero right there... haha... will it be an uncommon common? don't know what kind of handicap it could have... maybe make you happy when he's eating your guts?

As for Half-Life 2: Episode 3, Doug Lombardi jumped into the middle of a busy road intersection, sneering "STAYYYYY TUNNNEEEEEEDDDDDD."

I noticed something... in l4d the pistols are better addapted to the models, they have like a holster (how will they implement that on the suit guy? XD), I hope this "flying" pistol is because of BETA xD otherwise the "improved graphics" and other aspects start to seem a little out of time valve had to make this game... even if valve worked on it a hole year... I believe they should work on the title more before anounce and so on... but... I trust them soo yeah must be from beta...

Nobody should be upset about clown zombies. Everyone gets infected, Valve wasn't just being silly.

There will be not 4 but 5 campains in l4d2... and I believe the next 2 campains will remain kind of the tease until the game releases... ;D

I'm waiting for the pre order to be on steam ^^
One campaign takes place in New Orleans and the other (this is a guess) takes place in the mall. I believe this because in an early interview a carnival and mall campaing were hinted at, and, well, we have one of them.
ps: Alligators are in L4D2 as well but they are not zombies. FYI

I don't know if you're joking, but I hope you're not.

Zombie clowns. Yes, I am pleased. Hopefully this will lead right into a 'zombies beng pied in the face by bikers' Day of the Dead reference.

God, I wish they'd give him better clothes.
The purple/yellow shirt looks so stupid.

In other news, zombie clowns... Oh Christ.

My hate for the game is growing less and less, seeing how I would probably buy it eventually. But then here I'm thinking this somehow, might be something for L4D1...

Back