Daybreakers

Is it really Twilight+Matrix, as it is advertised in Poland?

I think I'll go see it this weekend, purely for corporate vampire baddie Sam Neill. Just watch that trailer - he's hamming it up. Brilliant.

Just saw it last night, very entertaining and an interesting concept for a vampire movie.
I also liked how the cure worked, first from the sun, then from the blood. Really enjoyed where groups of vampires were "turned" and then fed upon. Anyway

"Running Up That Hill" by Placebo
Not to start a music-taste war, but covering any Kate Bush song with your weedy emo voice is a big no-no (is there a Kate Bush song that isn't about having a lady orgasm? No, there isn't). Immediately, I find myself associating this film with everything bad about the vampire sub-genre (the Queen of the Damned, Twilight series) because 'artists' and soundtrack compilers haven't a clue what song lyrics actually mean. Tits.

Yes, them ovie is nothing like any of those associations.

Imho it's worth a watch, but don't expect to be blown away by it. It's not a memorable movie, but it was a good flick.

saw it today with some friends, we liked it but the ending was rather weak. It was a much different than your average vampire movie, but for the most part it was a good watch. i probably won't buy this when it comes out but if i see it in those value bins someday i'll go for it. 8/10

Crossbows are badass. Duh.

Well yeah, its very recognizable, but im willing to bet most people who havent seen the movie in awhile will have forgotten his face, or even who played that characters role.
Fun story: every time I see that picture I think it's Sheen's character, even though I've seen the movie.

Not to start a music-taste war, but covering any Kate Bush song with your weedy emo voice is a big no-no.
I'll thank you never to speak of Placebo again good sir.

Looks pretty great. Casting Sam Neil as the bad guy and Dafoe as the good guy already has my intrigue...

Back