Death Panels come back to bite Republicans in the ass

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
death panels:

"Death panel" is a political term coined in August 2009 on the Facebook page of former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin suggesting that health care legislation being debated in the U.S. Congress would create an America "in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care." There was no such term or explicit provision in the bill

now the biting in the ass part:

Two people have already died in Arizona and another 96 are waiting for a life-saving transplant they may no longer be able to afford after the state slashed money reserved for the procedures.

One lawmaker said Arizona is now home to "death panels." And those whose names were on the list, those who will surely die without a transplant, found themselves in a state of disbelief.

"I would like to alert people in the rest of the country that we have death panels right here in Arizona, and those who cut this funding and refuse to restore it are the death panels," Schapira said.

He was referring to Gov. Jan Brewer and her fellow Republicans who now hold a two-thirds majority in both legislative chambers. Schapira called Brewer "a one-person death panel."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/07/arizona.transplants/index.html?hpt=T2

You know who's been running death panels since their inception? Every major health insurance company in America. They're companies of profit. I always thought that was funny that people would prefer to entrust their lives to the some of the greediest careless individuals in the business world than to the people they have elected.... Either way it's a hard sell but given the circumstances I'd rather see me alive and paying taxes than dead and not consuming their precious profit margins.

Sorry I just wanted to rant on that... and Sarah Palin's retarded ass for saying it every 14 seconds for however many months she did to chisel it deep in the cold rocky exteriors of every dumbass conservative worried about nothing but personal gain than anything else.

You know who's been running death panels since their inception? Every major health insurance company in America. They're companies of profit. I always thought that was funny that people would prefer to entrust their lives to the some of the greediest careless individuals in the business world than to the people they have elected.... Either way it's a hard sell but given the circumstances I'd rather see me alive and paying taxes than dead and not consuming their precious profit margins.

This. So much this.

Pretty much. I'd rather trust my health to a bureaucratic government that doesnt really give a shit than a health insurance corporation.

No Danimal, there's no external influence on this at all, despite it's benefactors being down like clowns to reduce the human population - America just wants to destroy itself and be assimilated by world banks.

This is what I tell myself everytime I go into the Politics forum. :(

I swear to God, unlike the right in Europe (for the most part) the republicans are ****ing evil. They are pure ****ing evil, I have no doubt about that whatsoever.

You guys are embarrassing. I can always count on you for knee-jerk reactions based on assumptions or presupposed ideas.

A couple of you immediately started blaming the corporations when it was the government that cut the funding. Who can you trust with your healthcare now?

Read the article. The most reasonable person is a guy waiting for a new heart.
It's obvious. If the state's broke, it is broke," he said. "I can kick and scream all I want, and if there's no money for a transplant, it is just not going to happen.
"I really feel bad for the governor, for the legislators, those who had to make this decision," he said. "I certainly wouldn't want to be in their shoes and making the call that results in somebody else living or dying."
Then here comes the democrat politician all outraged.
"I would like to alert people in the rest of the country that we have death panels right here in Arizona, and those who cut this funding and refuse to restore it are the death panels,"
...Talk about a drama queen... is he waiting for a new heart and is dependent on medicaid? HELL NO! Sit dow and shut up you pansy, you shouldn't exploit these events to get you reelected. Have a sense of propriety. (done with rant)

I do agree that they should have cut from other area's first. Life saving procedures and service should be the LAST thing to go. I agree with you guys on that one. I have many issues with social medicine but this is one type of government funded care I support.

Politicians have never, and will never pass up a chance to capitalize on even the slightest advantage.

A couple of you immediately started blaming the corporations when it was the government that cut the funding. Who can you trust with your healthcare now?
You're ignoring the fact that insurance and pharmaceutical corporations set and control the price of healthcare in the U.S., hence why the government can't afford to pay for everyone's treatment. Also, I think it's perfectly reasonable for any government to run up a little debt to save people's lives. Especially if it's the difference between me or a loved one living or dying, I'd be more than happy to deal with that.

That's why Democracts are upset by this. These Republicans decided it was more important to save money than to save lives. I think being upset is perfectly reasonable.

You guys are embarrassing. I can always count on you for knee-jerk reactions based on assumptions or presupposed ideas.

certainly not the republicans and their death panels

Read the article. The most reasonable person is a guy waiting for a new heart.

yet this absolutely never happens in canada; we have universal healthcare coverage provided by the government. only in america where trillions of dollars are spent on pointless wars would a heart transplant be "too expensive"

The saddest part of this is that it will only save the state 1.2 million dollars. 1.2 million for 100 lives. What a ****ed up country.

speaking of sarah palin:

21b6p3d.jpg

As much as I think blaming Palin is irresponsible at this point that is some funny shit.

Back