Decree - Spoilers!

Found somthing interesting by googling.

These are both at an unkown time:

Chell's "sample" (donated kidney) is processed. The hibernating Cave Johnson receives the needed transplant.

Johnson, or "Ratman", is woken up by GLaDOS and led through the Aperture Science Enrichment Center Test Chambers. He gets as far as Test Chamber 17 or so, but is unable to solve the puzzle, goes mad, hallucinates that the Weighted Companion Cube is talking to him, and escapes the test chambers via Chamber 16, scrawling "THE CAKE IS A LIE" and other helpful directions on the walls on his way out.

Among the things Ratman has scrawled on the wall is his CJOHNSON/TIER3 username/password for use on the Aperture Science website - or rather, within the Half-Life universe, on the Aperture computer terminals.

Second one:

Genetic samples taken from Chell's kidney are processed and a new Chell is grown in the now-vacant Relaxation Vault. Her mind is restored from a backup taken at the same time as her kidney was donated.

Chell is woken up by GLaDOS and, having the mind of a child and nobody to guide her but GLaDOS, attempts to solve the Enrichment Center Test Chambers. She dies in the attempt.

GLaDOS repeats the above process potentially hundreds of times before Chell finally solves all the Aperture Science Test Chambers. She escapes into the "backstage" area of the facility, confronts and destroys GLaDOS. Despite appearances, this is precisely what GLaDOS wants to happen and the reason why she kept resurrecting copies of Chell.

In the ensuing explosion, Chell is jettisoned to the surface outside the facility and falls unconscious, but probably survives. GLaDOS definitely survives and sings a happy song to this effect over the closing credits.

I've estimated that this was about in 2050 or 2060.
Because in HL2, the estimated year before the red letter day is about 2020, and Portal takes place after about a month of the red letter day.

Near the red letter day, if portal was not far in the future, the combine soldiers would have a portal gun. But if it was only this factor, i would say that portal took place past 3000.

But there was ONE MORE factor. The energy balls were used by special combine soldiers in EP1, and then they were very plentiful.
Those little deadly things were used A LOT, but they are not extinct in portal, but there will still not much, so it couln't be at 2030, or 3000, but somewhere inbetween.

And i bet that at least 1 of you wanted to know why on the wildfire course there was X'es above the turrets. According to the website that i got the first two things from, these are the two possibilities. You have to read the first paragraph for this to make sence, and know who "Ratman" is.
Ratman has scrawled Xs on the ceiling directly above each of the turrets, which suggests that either

1. he faced the "military android" configuration on his first trip through the Test Chambers, leaving clues on his way, OR
2. the damage done to Chamber 16 by Ratman when he escapes is the reason why this chamber is "replaced with a live fire course for military androids" when Chell reaches it, and he added the Xs afterwards, meaning he is still in the facility.

I think that it's #1, but that's just me. There could be NO WAY that Johnson is still in Aperture. And even if he was, he would be dead, becuase of the poison gas that GLaDoS released.

Back