Demo Screenshots and experiences.

It's easier to organise games if you join the Halflife2.net Steam community chat room arial. Many of us idle in there, and you can join games others are in, or organise one. Probably won't get that many people adding you otherwise.

Also, funny story Nicky :D I can imagine you guys hiding in that little toilet room, it really is tiny. As the door began to buckle and give way it must have been a D: experience.

Some of the new guys are starting to bug me now. They ALWAYS accidently shoot me down with a shotgun, then I get skull****ed by a million zombies until I'm dead.

-The game is too harsh on friendly fire. There are for too many zombies in a large horde too not expect to hit a an ally with a stray shot, and when you do get hit you lose like 30 health.

-I feel like VS mode will be way overpowered for the infected. Depending on what level difficulty the game is set for during VS, that could change the balance quite a bit.

Well in VS mode you dont join one team and lead it to victory, you are both essentialy playing as survivors to see which coop team is best, the infected gameplay comes in when its the other teams turn, and your goal is to slow them down, a big point count ticks up till the end of the campaign to decide the winner.

-The game is too harsh on friendly fire. There are for too many zombies in a large horde too not expect to hit a an ally with a stray shot, and when you do get hit you lose like 30 health.

Bah. I rarely ever shoot someone (unintentionally). Knock zombies off people with melee, and be aware of your cone of fire. Aim high; not only does this get a nice few headshots, but it wont hurt your buddy on the ground. I've had rounds on expert where I managed to get through the apartment map with full health. (Though that's just the luck of not getting pounced, half the time.)

Really, knowing when to shoot is just a skill you have to learn.

Some of the new guys are starting to bug me now. They ALWAYS accidently shoot me down with a shotgun, then I get skull****ed by a million zombies until I'm dead.

Some of the new guys are starting to bug me now. They ALWAYS accidently run into my line of fire when im shooting, then they get skull****ed by a million zombies and blame me.

Games with Sam2k, Taviow and Emporius is fun.
Taviow, just cooking. Like a woman should
l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment0000.jpg

Attempted Group Photo

l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment0001.jpg

Emporius is not have a nice day (And im not helping by snapping shots)
l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment0002.jpg

Right after I saved his ass he gets another
l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment0003.jpg

Sam2k is a black man and i saved him

l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment0004.jpg

Does turning on AA badly drop the FPS? I love the way AA was pulled off in HL2/E1/E2 series, was wondering if it makes the game more enjoyable or not?

Sam-2k, Azner and someone else decided to lock me out of the safe room after I set off the car alarm and waited for the horde lucky for me I survived. Thanks assholes :)

Sam-2k, Azner and someone else decided to lock me out of the safe room after I set off the car alarm and waited for the horde lucky for me I survived. Thanks assholes :)

Oh yes. We locked you out. BECAUSE YOU WERE LOUIS AND THE BLACK MAN DIES FIRST.

Unless ofcourse there is a man with a moustache, the moustache man always dies first. But in the end i rescued you.

Azner! No shots from our group failfest?

No, sadly, i didnt think of shots at that time. Perhaps when my computer is working again? Go to hardware and software to help meeee (On Laptop)

More often than not I'm the reason we finish the apartments level because I'm the coward that runs to the safe room when the poopoo hits the fan (while the other people try to stay back and help the team :rolleyes: )

I finally played the demo last night, and as we piled into the final safe room I turned to see whoever was playing the black guy to be pulled out by a tongue as the door closed. I then decided this was the best game.

Just played on-line for the first time. Took a while to get a decent UK server but when I did....What a ****ing game, decent people to play with I'm guessing makes it a whole lot more fun, and our little team was brilliant.

Some screens:-

l4ddemhospital01apartmerq4.jpg

l4ddemhospital01apartmenq3.jpg

l4ddemhospital01apartmefs3.jpg

l4ddemhospital02subway0pb9.jpg

Is it me or do Smokers who have their tongue out take far less to kill than smokers who are just standing?

This game is AWESOOOOME!! Just loved the way Witch came to me, started killing me, and in the final moment some Survivor saves me! Or when there is quiet, and then i accidentally set off car alarm and FFFUUUUUUUU---:sniper:

Was that when I was with you?

Thanks to a scattered team, I and another guy fought a tank, a witch, a hunter and the horde at once. Surprisingly, we managed to kill all of them (however, when I killed the tank I was knocked down as the last survivor, so we lost anyway).
Also, startling a witch by hitting it with a Pipe Bomb.
Playing on Advanced without encountering a witch or a tank.
A friend saying "follow me" as he jumped to his death.

This game is the shit. I've been playing it basically all evening with a couple of mates. Wish I had a decent enough PC mind, but it's still great on the 360. I think expert is definitely the way to play, it's so much more tense and rewarding. We've only just managed to get both missions done.

The best thing about it is even when you get your arse kicked it doesn't even get frustrating. I'm laughing my head off most of the time. Not to mention how it's more or less completely different each time you play it through. I couldn't help but smile when all four of us stood there with assault rifles and auto shotguns mowing down wave after wave of flaming zombies attacking our position. So much fun.

Fun things to do while playing:

When people need rescuing stand outside of door and:

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Jump off the roof onto an AC in the alleyway, and bolt towards the car alarm. Shoot it, run into the safe room and wait for the "HOLY ****S" as the horde heads towards the apartment.

Fun things to do while playing:

When people need rescuing stand outside of door and:

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Jump off the roof onto an AC in the alleyway, and bolt towards the car alarm. Shoot it, run into the safe room and wait for the "HOLY ****S" as the horde heads towards the apartment.

I love tha laughing. I've never AC jumped to car alarm/safe room but I've done both seperately. I'll have to try that.

The more and more I play it, the more I see the Source Engine finally beginning to show its age compared to more modern ones. The graphics can be so great or so bad, and some of the materials are from HL2 (circa 2004). I think Episode 3 should be done on the Source engine, and then it's time for either a major overhaul or replacement.

True, you can tell the engine is aging, but it looks nothing like it did to start. It's has received many needed face-lifts, and it shines in L4D. I was actually proud that they got the lighting right mostly. The only thing that bothers me is the sounds. You can hear something right above you through the floor as if they were next to you. Makes finding the Tank much less "shocking" when you hear him while your downstairs.

Back