Demo Screenshots and experiences.

CyberPitz - Team Drill Sargeant "Keep up with me or you're ****ed! Forget about those scary mother****ing tanks too".

I play kinda like Pitz too but now I'm feeling embarrassed for always getting my team screwed up. :LOL: The best strategy for a tank is not by glitching it with the train car. That door actually blasts off. :x Whoever shoots at him, the Tank will go after. So you want everybody shooting at it and keep your distance! It gets confused just like in the trailer and if you work like a team, you will kill it. That's the key Pitz, work as a team. :LOL: If you are in a tight spot though, and it's coming for you, STOP FIRING! Let another teamate shoot at it because it will turn around going for the last person who just shot more damage than you.

Pitz is Bill.

"There's no time for that now."
"That was unnecessary."

The only good witch is a dead witch.

deadwitch.jpg

Finally got to play a game with little noticeable lag, and holy shit on a stick it is awesome! I mean I've never seen tension balanced so perfectly. Especially hordes when you least expect them, and they drop off just when your group is reaching the breaking point. Awesome.

Also, I thought I noticed an idle player being controlled by AI. Can anyone confirm this? If so it's the best addition to the multiplayer genre period.

Also, I thought I noticed an idle player being controlled by AI. Can anyone confirm this? If so it's the best addition to the multiplayer genre period.
Yes. They added that feature in so when someone drops, the AI just takes control whilst you wait for another person to join, or if say you want to take a break, you can hit escape and go idle, and then when you come back, you just click your left mouse button, and you're back in the fight!

It's such a brilliant feature.

Oh my god the Witch... the eyes, all I can see are her eyes!

BRILLIANT demo. I only played three times through (painfully short stuff, but eh) but I enjoyed every second of it. Right from the get go I me and three Americans were working together as a team, always watching out for each other, chatting away and communicating about what to do, where to go and how to do it. I think that's what I enjoyed the most.

Admittidly, I think at times it's a little too frantic and it often feels very spray and pray as enemies seem to just swarm at you as a large entity rather then many individual beings. Often I would find myself shooting at thin air because I missed only to have the zombie fall down anyway. Maybe that was lag, but it happened a few times.

Friendly fire is very annoying, too, because it just can't be helped at all, but luckily the consequences aren't too drastic. In fact, is there even any? I can't recall what happens if I was shot, mostly because I would be too busy to notice - I only remember hearing shouted voice samples of warning over and over again.

Overall though, very good. Do want.

EDIT: Had a crazy experience earlier as I played my second game. I plowed through the first apartment taking most of the kills for myself as my team were still fumbling around opening and closing doors and it felt like I was finding the game way too easy, or at least I think the Director thought so! As soon as I exited the apartment to clear the way my team shot ahead of me as I hung around to grab some ammo, only to confronted by a gigantic horde inbetween me and my squaddies ahead. They came for me, not them. I certainly learnt my lesson, thats for true.

So are the graphics better than Half-Life 2: Episode Two's? Because I love episode two's graphics, more than anything evar :D!

The game looks so fun, just because it's Valve's. [/fanboy]

I would love to see a screenshot with the quality control settings, and of course a screenshot of a nice scene w/ everything maxed out. Thanks for anyone who does this.

Only played through it once, on sp, and it was still one of my favourite game experiences ever.

So are the graphics better than Half-Life 2: Episode Two's? Because I love episode two's graphics, more than anything evar :D!
More advanced: yes.
"Better" is in the eye of the beholder though, L4D does have a different art direction than Half-Life.

I would love to see a screenshot with the quality control settings, and of course a screenshot of a nice scene w/ everything maxed out.

l4dsettingsiz3.jpg

My (resized) screenshots are using the above settings which I only just noticed aren't maxed out.

And the Hunter sounds really unnerve me.

The Boomer's noises are pretty fantastic too. You'll be walking through the apartments, and all of a sudden you hear "BLRGHHH BLRRR BLAHHH". Makes me laugh.

Just played a bit with Qonfused and Shamrock, it's definitely much better when you play with people who aren't complete strangers.

The Boomer's noises are pretty fantastic too. You'll be walking through the apartments, and all of a sudden you hear "BLRGHHH BLRRR BLAHHH". Makes me laugh.

Just played a bit with Qonfused and Shamrock, it's definitely much better when you play with people who aren't complete strangers.

Or play with those that jump at the first sign of a Hunter. Or when they are all alone, start getting scared hearing every single noise. :p

l4ddemhospital02subway0yw5.jpg

l4ddemhospital02subway0fl7.jpg

My buddies

l4ddemhospital02subway0lr8.jpg
l4ddemhospital02subway0kt3.jpg
l4ddemhospital02subway0sp0.jpg

(Shammy is actually Louis hiding behind Bill. Shammy loves Louis)

l4ddemhospital02subway0la5.jpg

l4ddemhospital02subway0hu0.jpg

l4ddemhospital02subway0jq8.jpg

Die c?nt.

I took some more shots yesterday, and I need to get those hosted up. Hell, I gotta look at em, first.

The demo is great with a few friends (with mics, /looks at Eraser). I'm looking forward to playing more levels and other modes. One can only play through the demo level so many times.

The demo is great with a few friends (with mics, /looks at Eraser). I'm looking forward to playing more levels and other modes. One can only play through the demo level so many times.

I second everything he just said there.

>_>

<_<

Yeah, I'm starting to get a little bored, but I'll probably keep playing until the game comes out.

Does anyone know when pre-loading will be available to start?

Awesome demo but one can only play the same level so many times. Can't wait for next week.

So Cyberpitz definitely killed our entire team with a molotov just before we finished.

Reminds me of someone I know

angrywitch.jpg

I know this guy from TF2 and I was playing with his group members. This is the fun we had on expert mode:

God mode + multi tanks = SUPA HAPPY FUNTIME WTF OLD MAN!

godmode.jpg

There were 3 tanks total at that spot and I managed to kill them all.

Has anyone else noticed that there are now 5000+ servers listing in the browser, most of which are in three generic blocks of region specific servers, they seem to be matchmaking specific, but I dunno where they have all come from.

Has anyone else noticed that there are now 5000+ servers listing in the browser, most of which are in three generic blocks of region specific servers, they seem to be matchmaking specific, but I dunno where they have all come from.

Getting ready for launch, methinks?

Heh Earlier game with ace, Tav and Hool. We decided that Hunters wore hoodies because they were Pakour Kings.

Later game with Jintor and Burpco alot of me going around jihading the molotovs, also alot of me calling the Hunters STALKERs since they dressed up like them.

I remember earlier this week, me and my friend were playing with Mellish on The Subway on Expert mode, we saw a Tank running down the track towards us screaming and yelling.
I think it was AciD or Druckles or someone who had been killed on the track, me, Mellish and my friend ran back to the saferoom. Previous runthrough had seen us do the same thing but the Tank hadn't been able to break the door down.

We locked the door and tried to kill the tank via the window slit in the door. The tank burst through and killed my friend before me and Mellish ran to hide in the bathroom, Mellish on the toilet, me on the sink with the door closed. The Tank smashed through and killed Mellish, before smashing me to the ground, as the screen faded the tank died.

It was so hilarious when it happened, me and my friend were on Private chat, yelling and screaming throughout. It was just the best thing ever, so unexpected. :LOL:

Back