Dexter - Season 5

Doakes had experience in Black Ops and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure he would wreck Quinn.

Also, he was in the only two good seasons of this show.

Also, he was in the only two good seasons of this show.

Have you even watched seasons 3 and 4 or are you just talking out of your ass?

Season 1 was amazing but Season 2 (which was pretty Doakes heavy) was the worst of the four seasons.

not sure on how i felt about that episode. maybe the influx of amazing tv these last two weeks (boardwalk empire, this is england 86) has spoiled me somewhat, but i didn't think the first episode was much cop. obviously i'll be sticking with it as it's dexter and i love it, but as a starter... eh.

Have you even watched seasons 3 and 4 or are you just talking out of your ass?

Season 1 was amazing but Season 2 (which was pretty Doakes heavy) was the worst of the four seasons.

lol'd, sure was worse than 3. And 4, who's only good character was Arthur? Who's only other satisfying moment was the murder of a character they totally ruined? At least in 2 Matsuka was still funny (and not a whiny bitch) and Doakes was still being a ****ing badass. Sure, that bitch was annoying as balls, but wasn't she supposed to be?

You know what I love the most about this show? Deb crying. I want more footage of it. I want her crying about this, about that. Just keep crying Deb. I love the tears. I love them so much. what a good actress

In the end you're right. The only good season of this show was season 1. Not that I won't watch this one.

The odd numbered seasons have been my favourites so far. Hopefully this one sticks with that trend :)

New episode was ok.

The kid being Dexter's redemption is gonna be his personal story arc for the season and way to finish up the series. Calling it.

Thank god they got rid of the kids as a regular, now we can get back to the heart of dexter is, a murderous killer.

@Eejit: could be possible, but I've found some Dexter plots to be a bit unpredictable at times, they could surprise us.

New episode was ok.

The kid being Dexter's redemption is gonna be his personal story arc for the season and way to finish up the series. Calling it.

There will be a 6th season, calling it

anyone know where i can find season 5 content?? I'd even pay for it but Itunes and a few other places don't even have them ****ing up yet

anyone know where i can find season 5 content?? I'd even pay for it but Itunes and a few other places don't even have them ****ing up yet

It starts with a t and ends with a t.

Astor can go to ****ing hell.

Yeah, she's such a bitch.

"Boohoo, you gave us hope of everything being all right for once, but then mom got murdered so it's your fault I guess"

glad he's gotten back on the trail of a killer, looking forward to how that pans out next week. glad to see the kids have ****ed off now so with them and his wife gone, looks like the show has nearly dropped all of it's deadweight. all that's left now is laguerta.

Yeah, she's such a bitch.

"Boohoo, you gave us hope of everything being all right for once, but then mom got murdered so it's your fault I guess"

Well it is his fault isn't it? Dexter played a part in both of her parents deaths. Not that she knows that for sure or anything. So yeah, total bitch.

You can't read transcripts? :)

Oh god! the humanity! Unable to read transcripts is the most sinful of sins!

I have sent you a PM to help with the sin of sin's Warped! Parse Raptor Jesus! Hullabaloo! Hullabaloo!

On other business, yeah Astor really got on my nipples with her blaming dexter for every problem in the universe.

Well it is his fault isn't it? Dexter played a part in both of her parents deaths. Not that she knows that for sure or anything. So yeah, total bitch.

Not sure if the last sentence is sarcastic, so I'll respond ;)

It is indirectly Dexter's fault, cause Trinity wouldn't have murdered her if Dexter left him alone, but yes, Astor doesn't know about it. So the basis on which she's blaming him are just dumb.

Thoughts?

So far, this season was missing tension and direction, but it's definitely picking up to speed now.

The previews for next week's episode
show Dexter in another "Can't kill Doakes, can't let him go either" situation. Should be interesting, they seem to be showing Dexter slipping and making more and more mistakes as time progresses. He thinks that killing will refresh his meticulous nature, but it seems that they are trying to show that he's outgrown that, and has changed enough that a family is what he really needs now.

We'll see.

So what's everyone's theory on the nanny? Obviously she isn't just a good nanny, there must be something else. I'm calling that the FBI is trying to figure out how Dexter is involved with Arthur and she works for them as a spy.

Spoilers from the previews are ahead.
Since it looks like the nanny quit, and since Julia Stiles will be with us for a while, I'm betting Dexter is going to hire her as a Nanny. Then Dex will be able to go kill more serial killers and actually be able to explain why he would be late.

And yes Unfocused. I agree with everything you just said.

Looks like Dexter might have to kill ROBOCOP!

Season really is dragging, tho. Some good humor but as someone mentioned there's just no tension. Or any tension they try to build ends up being bullshit, like the LaGuerta/IA thing. I really hate when shows do that. Do everything they can to make it look like she's ****ing the guy and "oh jeeez it was all a misunderstanding, go figure!"

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but from the minute this new Spanish cop (Manzon) came on the scene I had the feeling Deb was headed towards a lesbian affair. Just something about their initial interactions, not sure why but I just thought that. And now this tattoo artist hitting on her makes me think I was right. It would certainly fit with Deb's bad decision making theme, and the show's always had sort of a pro-tolerance vibe to it. (note: not bad decision as being gay is bad, but bad decision as in making her life more complicated all the time)

I really thought they were going to do something like that when Yuki was around, too. Instead of "I'm married with 2 kids with zero interest in Quinn" she could have said "I'm gay", which then Deb would have known this wasn't about revenge or a jilted lover, and would have taken the allegations against Quinn more seriously. They go out for drinks to talk about it, one thing leads to another...giggity giggity!

And if you think about it, Deb has always had shitty relationships with guys. They either end up trying to kill her or end up dying, or almost dying as with Anton. But with this "It Gets Better" campaign going around, it really wouldn't surprise me if they tried to work something in in that regard. And man, if Masuka ever found out she slept with his tattoo artist he'd jack off on the spot!

You heard it here first, Laguerta blew her way to the top.

And regarding her and Angel, what a bullshit storyline. Just get a divorce already. Angel used to be so awesome, now I can barely stand to see him when he's not working on a case.

I always hated Laguerta.

I hope things pick up. I mean, it's still a very watchable show and expecting it to outshine season 4 is a tall-order. But we're almost halfway through and not an awful lot has happened. :(

I'm gunna head to my friends house to watch the latest episode. can't wait!

also Doakes probably left clues that will resurface

Can't say that i am enjoying this season so far. I haven't even bothered watching last week's episode yet. I don't know how they can drag this out for another season. They need to end the show on a good note before it jumps shark.

I haven't seen anybody who is really enjoying it yet.

It has to pick up, fast.

Not to mention, I believe when the show ends is up to the network. Producers and network work out an agreement, and Showtime is not going to let Dexter go easily. So much for that "last season vibe".

I really enjoyed this week's episode, best of the season so far.

That was a really good episode, I must say. There's hope yet!

That was actually pretty great.

Haha, gotta love Masuka in the end.

I don't get how that whould work out really.

Edit: Fine
First, why whould he shoot him way out in the warehouse, then zipper tie him and break his neck, and somehow get strangled to death, right before washing off all the blood? But still, I agree it was an awesome episode.

It would work only because Masuka was there. And spoiler that maybe.

The Lumen story has some potential there, didn't care much for it at first.
Also, the ending was definitely ridiculous... atleast they got Masuka to explain it.

The slow-mo air masturbation by Masuka made the episode great.

Honestly, the only redeeming part of the episode, imho.

I knew from the previews last week that when Deb says "Dexter?", you know he's already disposed of the guy he was chasing, and the only thing to wonder about is how he's going to explain how he's there in the first place. Then I'm watching the episode and see he'd been called to the scene, so again, any tension or possible excitement is totally fabricated and ends up being far too predictable. The humor this year is the only thing worth watching for, so far.

Same shit with Angel/LaGuerta again, too. Make it look like he's picking this chick up in the bar, and go figure, he's not cheating but trying to patch his marriage up, instead. It's like they brought in writers from Desperate Housewives or something.

At least the interactions between Dexter and Lumen are starting to get a little better. All I know is they better have one hell of a season finale they're working up to. It'll be hard to top Rita dying, but they can at least try to get close in terms of "holy shit!".

Back