Dexter - Season 5

I think this was one of the better seasons, honestly. Dexter had a lot of development, and I really enjoyed the Lumen storyline. Certainly not the weakest season, in my eyes.

Agreed.

For me the weakest season was the third one. I don't even remember what that guy's name was.

For me the weakest season was the third one. I don't even remember what that guy's name was.

His name was Jimmy Smits. I have managed to block out the name of that ****-off horrible pyromaniac psycho-bitch from season 2 however.

His name was Jimmy Smits. I have managed to block out the name of that ****-off horrible pyromaniac psycho-bitch from season 2 however.

No, no, I meant the season with that lunatic Miguel Prado.

I think this was the weakest season. As I was watching the finale everything was so predictable. Oh noes, another episode where Dexter gets taken prisoner, escapes without any trouble (how do you fall down stairs with a huge knife behind your back?), and then is almost busted by his sister. How many times did this exact scenario happen this season?

I hope that the next season will be the last and it will concentrate on them finally going after Dexter. And I hope the investigation will involve Liddy's death. Because if they simply ignore the death that would be pretty dumb.

You guys have to understand that they filmed season 4 and 5 together and season 6 wasn't a certainty. I bet they will tie up all the loose ends season 5 left us with in season 6.

Season 6 was a certainty to everyone and their mother at Showtime, no doubt.

There is one thing that kinda annoys me about this season. Dexter seemed to have no problem killing Liddy, even though Liddy didn't really deserve death. I mean, yeah part of his code is to not get caught, but he made it pretty clear with Doakes that that isn't reason enough to just kill someone. Its not really a problem that he did kill Liddy, considering the tense situation he was in, but the fact that even afterwards hes totally fine with killing a relatively innocent person who was just trying to catch a criminal.

There is one thing that kinda annoys me about this season. Dexter seemed to have no problem killing Liddy, even though Liddy didn't really deserve death. I mean, yeah part of his code is to not get caught, but he made it pretty clear with Doakes that that isn't reason enough to just kill someone. Its not really a problem that he did kill Liddy, considering the tense situation he was in, but the fact that even afterwards hes totally fine with killing a relatively innocent person who was just trying to catch a criminal.

He has (and at that point had) much more to lose than when Doakes was on his case. Avoiding getting caught is more important than ever, and it's not just that Liddy found out like Doakes did - but kidnapped him and made the killing self-defense.
Also he wasn't "just trying to catch a criminal" he was a dirty cop trying to get his job back, hardly civic-minded.

I laughed when at Harrison's birthday party Debra came with Quinn and LaGuerta said: "there she is, the detective that solved the barrel girls case!".

I mean, it's a one year old's birthday and she's all like "he-hey, you solved the case of several women rotting in barrels after they got murdered by electrocution!".

@krynn

I thought it was kind of established long ago that he wasn't living by his father's code anymore.

Like that guy he killed in the bathroom when he pissed him off.

And yeah, killing Liddy was self defense.

Truth be told, in the previous episode, Dexter was ready to kill Quinn regardless of whether he fit the code or not. He just thought Quinn was in the van and he went there to kill him. So I think the fact that he ended up killing Liddy in self defense hardly matters anymore. He was there to **** Quinn up.

Note that I still didn't see the finale.

Ah, yeah thats all true. I had forgotten about the guy in the bathroom. So now that Dexter is becoming more human, feeling more like other people feel, hes becoming even more of a monster and just killing in rage and entirely for his own benefit.

Upon reflection, S5 isn't the worst season. Though it doesn't compare to how absorbed I was watching S1-2, maybe that was because the concept was still "fresh." S1 is still my hands down favorite, IMO it seems the show was best when it sponged directly off of Jeff Lindsay's creativity. Damn, wish I had more time to finish my thoughts here. That's bascically the crux of what I wanted to say.

season was alright, i establish that i didn't enjoy it as much as others by the fact that at a few points i let episodes slip by the wayside of my watching schdule and i wasn't too bothered by letting the finale go unwatched from sunday up until just an hour ago, either (see also: the latest season of sons of anarchy which i did the same / comparison: i watched all of boardwalk empire the minute it was released) but yeah, it was okay.

He didn't know it was Liddy, tho, he thought he was going to kill Quinn. He had his M-99 with him to knock him out, and I don't see how he'd get away with that without killing him, so it's easy to guess that he intended to kill Quinn. And my guess is this really isn't about the code, or protecting himself, but about protecting Lumen. He wouldn't kill Quinn just for stalking him, but putting Lumen in danger is another story.

He had his M-99 with him to knock him out, and I don't see how he'd get away with that without killing him, so it's easy to guess that he intended to kill Quinn.

Or knock him out and steal all the recording equipment/evidence.

I remember he was like "I did not want it to come to this" while preparing himself.

Or knock him out and steal all the recording equipment/evidence.

Yeah but he just ran up and opened the door. It's not like he was sneaking up on him from behind or anything. Quinn would know who it was.

Yeah but he just ran up and opened the door. It's not like he was sneaking up on him from behind or anything. Quinn would know who it was.

As far as Dexter was aware Quinn already knew everything. Evidence is a different matter.

The situation with Deb in that room...lol.

Here's hoping for a good season 6.

They should've had him bang her on the show instead, might still be together.

She's not the most attractive woman but I wouldn't say it's gross :O

I agree. The guy is the star of one of the most popular shows on TV and is a fantastic actor, hes beaten cancer, and gets all kinda of vagina. Obama can suck it.

I think getting Obama to suck it should be his next move when its time to divorce Stiles.

Obama can suck it.

Watch your mouth, soon to be fatty
4921383047_6e33b35d4e_z.jpg

Back