Diablo 3 announced

Too slow ;)

But this does deserve it's own thread :bounce:

Stoked about this, the demo of the game looks awesome :D

HOOOLLLLLLY FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
capschar

Well. ****. Oh my goodness. Oh my gooodnes. Seriously. Oh my goodness. HOLY SHIT

Life is over officially. Goodbye life hello diablo 3.

First time I've ever heard of diablo. Is it a mmorpg?

I wonder how they will affect gameplay. I wonder if it will be very much the same and people will love it no matter what even tho it is basically number 2 but with better graphics. How much have the done to SC2 gameplay?

Meh, I find hack-and-slash rpgs generally boring.

It looks cool how the little goblin things he kills fall of the cliff due to physics

Watching it, but I see nothing special or new, around half way now

Physics for one. It seems you can use those to your advantage a lot. Plus you seem to be able to move with WASD in stead of point-and-click. I wonder if they're gonna do an over the shoulder view.

What hasn't changed according to the FAQ are the random environments. And they seem to look 10 times as good as those in Hellgate London.

EDIT Check out Cain's Journal. It has audio and a video.

This game needs nothing new or special.

Make it like diablo2 and blizzard will have another epically addictive game...that is really ****ing awesome and addictive!

REINVENT THE WHEEL? Nay. Keep it hack and slash, add more classes, more weapons more skills. Keep the ****ing awesome story going and you have a weeener!

This game needs nothing new or special.

Make it like diablo2 and blizzard will have another epically addictive game...that is really ****ing awesome and addictive!

REINVENT THE WHEEL? Nay. Keep it hack and slash, add more classes, more weapons more skills. Keep the ****ing awesome story going and you have a weeener!

Disagree, it needs something more... way more in order to attract a bigger audience. Personally I expect way more out of Blizzard than just 'more classes, skills and items'. My expectation is as big as a jump as from WarCraft 2 --> 3.

Never been much of a Diablo fan, but I shat bricks when I saw this thread. Can't say I like the looks of the monsters tbh, look a bit cartoony, but the environments are lovely.

The game play showed a dark set of catacombs with legions of undead hiding in its shadows, its not Neverwinter Nights, but it looks good enough for me. :)

**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diablo is one of my favorite game series EVER, I hope they keep the general Diablo 2 gameplay, some new stuff woul be Ok but I hope they keep the core gameplay the same, since that's what made Diablo 2 so addictive.

Not really, that title would go to Dungeons of Daggorath, get your facts straight.

Bah. The daddy implies it's the ****ing daddy, not the first. Diablo is the daddy of action rpg :p

So I called it in the last thread but Barbarian named Ming the merciless.

Hell yes! The teaser was just sexy, always love Blizzard and their cinematic ways.
CAN'T F**KING WAIT!!!

I'm an absolute Diablo II addict, I think I just might start playing again tonight!

I played a bit of biablo2 once,this look exciting

You diablo noobs disgust me.
Haha !! : D I didnt know people didnt know diablo.
Diablo being a game has always been one of life's facts... never played it though, not my kind of game.

-dodo

Nice, the visual style may take some getting used to for those of us who have been playing since D1, as it looks similar to W3/WoW but I like what I see so far. I think removing the potions from the game was a good idea, finding/buying potions in the old games just seemed like a tedious unnecessary gameplay element. And it was pretty cool when the boss bit the barbarians head off, but I'd like to know how the gameplay mechanics of that work, is it a random instant kill move or is it some scripted event that occurs if the character is near and has low health? Anyway very nice, now I have 2 games on my list to buy (SC2 and D3)

I'm not sure I like the removal of potions, I don't want to rely solely on monster drops to regain health. But I'll just have to wait and seeohit'sgoingtobeexcruciating.

You don't know how ****ing excited I am for this, ****ING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Bah. The daddy implies it's the ****ing daddy, not the first. Diablo is the daddy of action rpg :p

Nethack you twat.

That said, I retract my previous statements, this turns out quite good.

I hope they don't bring Diablo back, though. Just how many times do you have to kill the mother****er?

diablo3ly0.png

raugggarrr

Wow, I just watched the gameplay vid and...

HOLY ****BALLS I WANT THIS GAME NOW

I'm very excited right now. I really hope they keep the mature content of the series. Kiddifying it is the worst thing they could do. I am seeing blood and body parts though, and that's a good sign.

Gameplay video looks awesome - some of the Barbarian's skills looks tremendously cool. Same VO for Deckard Cain too! :E

Back