Did I miss my shot?

W

wackjob

I went across a courtyard (it had a machine gunner) and finally to an end building. After taking out 3 guards I went out through the side door.. A helicopter passed several times, I just waited. Now that it's stopped I look around and it seems there's no going this way. I headed back to the courtyard and this time turned the machine gun on several guards. Now that they're dead it's quiet and I'm alone:

COURT1.jpg

Something doesn't seem right, something's missing. Was I supposed to try and shoot the helicopter with a rocket? I have 2, found one inside. Let me know. Hey, I like hints playing a game, not spending hours doing a Winnie-The-Pooh "think, think, think". Don't flat out give me the answer, just a hint, and if I missed something let me know.

OK, the object of this "puzzle" is to get the giant gate open so it is no longer blocking the path of your airboat. The airborne vehicle you wanted to shoot down was actually a drop ship, and it was responsible for the several combine soldiers you encountered on the way back. Once you've figured out how to "open" the gate, and it looks open from the screen shot, you can then go back to your airboat and continue your journey.

Okay, here's a subtle hint: Doors! Doors now open! Doors no longer closed!

Oh duh, I Win , I Win!! Oh, no, sorry, that's not right. I had an OBJECTIVE I'd forgotten about. Thanks, I needed that. See what all that killin' wll do to a guy??

wackjob said:
Oh duh, I Win , I Win!! Oh, no, sorry, that's not right. I had an OBJECTIVE I'd forgotten about. Thanks, I needed that. See what all that killin' wll do to a guy??

Hehe, you seem to be having the worst luck when it comes to these puzzles. :) :p

iMMuNiTy said:
Attention Whore...

Seconded :thumbs:

Can't wait until he gets to ravenholm, everybody is going to be sick of wackojob. :sniper:

Wackjob...couldn't you just keep it all in one thread?
eyebrow.gif

I'm sick of Wackjob already.

WORK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF

Or I will come to your house and complete the game for you.

well u knocked down the door so get the hell back in your airboat and drive through where u knocked down the door

incorrigible said:
Please whatever you do, do NOT attempt a Myst game of any kind!!!!

lol hahah i dont get why ppl ask other ppl how to get through areas or beat them i mean thats the point of the game for the player to figure it out

incorrigible said:
You win the thread. I'd love to see this guy try Myst IV

The fact that the doors are already open have revealed that you do actually know what you are doing, wackjob.

incorrigible said:

Already played Riven & Myst (beat both). Prefer FPS, but purer.

I'm sorry I pissed everyone off by asking for help ***sob***sniff***

wackjob is having quite a difficult adventure through the world of half-life 2.

I wish i didn't find the puzzles so incredbly easy, it would have been fun to get stuck. Pity i'm too smart for my own good :(

/sexes self in the pants

wackjob said:

I'm sorry I pissed everyone off by asking for help ***sob***sniff***
I am SO sorry for guys over at Riven and Myst forums...

They deserve it because Myst is a crappy game.
chef.gif

Heh...I actually tried the last MYST demo, I got stuck already at the start, right before I gave up, I found a walktrough, and I managed to climb a ladder!:p Then I got stuck, and even the walktrogh didn't give that much help. Incredible hard game, at least for me.
So, conclusion: Half Life 2>MYST

i have Myst(4 i think)

came free with graphics card, the fat guy reading the book scared me

wackjob said:
...how the hell do you get stuck on Half-Life 2's infantile (in comparison) puzzles?

Veotax said:
...how the hell do you get stuck on Half-Life 2's infantile (in comparison) puzzles?

Maybe he had a walktrogh. At least I would have needed one...

Fonaki said:
Maybe he had a walktrogh. At least I would have needed one...

Or maybe he just posted in the Myst forums instead :E

jondy said:
Or maybe he just posted in the Myst forums instead :E
Of course. With a few dozens of pictures attached to his threads.

I played Myst but was so bored I lost contiousness. I woke up a week latter in hospital after having split my head open on the desk.

Veotax said:

Maybe because I knew what I was getting into with Myst (i.e. clearly states it's an RPG) where as HL2 was supposed to be an FPS. There is no guide, and I got lost. So I came here and lo & behold pissed everyone of you superiority freaks off by asking for help. I indeed hope there IS another function to these forums because game support ain't your bag!! :thumbs:

Sulkdodds said:
They deserve it because Myst is a crappy game.
chef.gif

Hehe, I love how you linked that smilie from *OMFG SELF IMPOSED CENSORS*.

No, it's just that a superiority complex kicked in straight after they answered your questions.

BTW, don't go! Nothing wrong with you being stuck on stuff. Come back!

wackjob said:
Maybe because I knew what I was getting into with Myst (i.e. clearly states it's an RPG) where as HL2 was supposed to be an FPS. There is no guide, and I got lost. So I came here and lo & behold pissed everyone of you superiority freaks off by asking for help. I indeed hope there IS another function to these forums because game support ain't your bag!! :thumbs:
Yes, there is another function to these forums. Discussion. Ever heard of such a practical, tiny invention called a walkthrough?

http://www.halflife2.net/page.php?p=hl2_playguides - A great walkthrough, which can be found here, in Halflife2.net

Good Luck. And sorry for us flaming you, but really, getting stuck in such a linear game? Posting screens (along with unrelated ones), when you can simply say in which chapter you're stuck?

It is said that if thousands of monkeys were put to a keyboard, they'd produce a masterpiece equivalent to Shakespeare's. Today, thanks to the Internet, we know it is a lie.

sinkoman said:
Hehe, I love how you linked that smilie from *OMFG SELF IMPOSED CENSORS*.

from here?

pedo_bear.jpg

The bear..... so creepy....

anyway, what immunity said is perfectly true.

wackjob said:
o_0 Myst is an adventure game. RPGs are generally games which involve fighting and building stats and levelling-up characters

wackjob said:

It's not that we don't want to help you, it's that on page 3 it begins to be a little hard to remain on-topic.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/hints.html - This game guide includes a full walk-through of Half-Life 2's campaign, tips on getting by each enemy, and more than a dozen different instructional videos to help you navigate through the game's toughest parts.

Bitch! Promote our walkthrough, not theirs!

Did you hear that everyone?

FOR THE LAST BLOODY TIME, LOOK AT OUR WALKTHROUGH BEFORE POSTING HERE

:cheers:

Sulkdodds said:
Bitch! Promote our walkthrough, not theirs!
But they have video walkthroughs to some spots, and yours doesn't :p

Back